Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LIBERTY MUTUAL COMMERCIALS WITH LIMU EMU and Doug

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

the one with the guy in his car yelling to the lady in her car must be making half the country sick!

:angry:

somebody at liberty mutual loves planes, trains and automobiles.

I like the fact that Doug can hold his card between his index finger and middle finger outside his car while driving 70mph without it blowing out of his hand.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Another one that gets on my nerves are those 2 idiotic Nationwide so called musicians. Play a few chords of the slogan and they're  famous. :angry:

I've never seen the commercial you're referring to but the guy on the left is Peyton Manning, one of the most famous football players of the past 20 years (and that's saying something, as I loath football and know next to no one in the sport), and the guy on the right is Brad Paisley, one of the most successful country music artists of the past 20 years (and that's saying something, as I loath country music and know next to no one in the genre). He's arguably one of the most famous West Virginians in the country, as well. So I don't understand your comment - "Play a few chords of the slogan and they're  famous."...??? 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I've never seen the commercial you're referring to but the guy on the left is Peyton Manning, one of the most famous football players of the past 20 years (and that's saying something, as I loath football and know next to no one in the sport), and the guy on the right is Brad Paisley, one of the most successful country music artists of the past 20 years (and that's saying something, as I loath country music and know next to no one in the genre). He's arguably one of the most famous West Virginians in the country, as well. So I don't understand your comment - "Play a few chords of the slogan and they're  famous."...??? 

What you also failed to mention is that Paisley is one of the most skillful guitarists in any genre.  But as to the topic at hand.....

I HATE that F***IN' EMU!   I told my daughter last November.....

"All I want for Thanksgiving is....on a platter, roasted to perfection and ready for carving, is LIMU EMU!"  :D  In fact, except for the ones in which the "struggling actor" keeps flubbing his lines, I hate ALL of that company's ads.   Especially when they act like customizing your car insurance policy so you only pay for what you need is a "new idea" and that THEY came up with it!  :angry:   Cripes.  I'VE been doing that with MY car insurance(which was never Liberty Mutual) for the last 45 YEARS!!

Now, if you want a good TV ad with Brad Paisley, then scope out this-----

;)

Sepiatone

Didn't expect to see postings hostile to LiMu Emu. I like the bird, especially with those shades, and his missus is pretty cool, too (in a self spoofing geeky sort of way).

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, TomJH said:

Didn't expect to see postings hostile to LiMu Emu. I like the bird, especially with those shades, and his missus is pretty cool, too (in a self spoofing geeky sort of way).

I can't say that I'm a fan as such of those Emu commercials, but at least they're better than the previous Liberty Mutual ads with the smug, obnoxious jerks talking about how LiMu doesn't penalize them for having a terrible driving record. I recall one with a woman saying, "Newsflash! Nobody's perfect!", as if that should absolve her from being an awful driver and a poor insurance risk. There were a whole series of commercials like those (I believe Sepiatone mentioned them earlier) that used to run incessantly on multiple channels. I think there was even a thread on here with us complaining about them a few years back.

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I can't say that I'm a fan as such of those Emu commercials, but at least they're better than the previous Liberty Mutual ads with the smug, obnoxious jerks talking about how LiMu doesn't penalize them for having a terrible driving record. I recall one with a woman saying, "Newsflash! Nobody's perfect!", as if that should absolve her from being an awful driver and a poor insurance risk. There were a whole series of commercials like those (I believe Sepiatone mentioned them earlier) that used to run incessantly on multiple channels. I think there was even a thread on here with us complaining about them a few years back.

I remember that thread because like you I really disliked those previous LM ads.   I found them misleading, if not deceitful because they implied one receives this more comprehensive coverage at the same cost as the other 'standard' coverage offered by other insurers.    NOT.       Just like gap-insurance (covers difference between actual car's value and the loan on the car),  and other types of non-standard coverage there is a cost one has to pay with higher (sometimes much higher),   premiums.    Yea if one is an awful driver that additional cost may be worth-in,   but most of time the consumer is being ripped-off.

I don't pay much attention to commercials. I usually get a snack or look at the paper for a minute or two.

I've seen parts of the emu ads in passing and they are kind of stupid, but a lot of commercials are. I'm a

LM customer, so I don't really care anyway. I thought after Manning retired he would be in even more

annoying commercials, though some he did were funny. So far it hasn't been too bad. 

20 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Sho' 'nuff.   Most insurance companies never raised rates due to one claim, and usually only if there were several claims made when it was the policy holder's fault for the accident.  The last time I made a claim for damages due to a fender bender(knock wood!) was back in the '80's when I was with AUTO-OWNER'S, and that was probably my fifth claim made to them in the 15 years I was with the company.  And as none of those mishaps were my fault, my rate never changed. Hell, I was with gouger AAA back in the later '80's to the early '90's when I had the same car stolen THREE different times, and still no rate hike. But, the coverage for the damages done to the car while stolen was dismal.  

Sepiatone