Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sound of Horror (1964)

filmed by the noted nieve condes guy some spanish director. screen debut of Ingrid pitt and the ill-fated soledad miranda. the one about the treasure hunters blasting in a greek mountain cave for WWII goodies and releasing some petrified dinosaur eggs and one hatches. the gimmick is the beastie can cloak itself with invisibility and saves a lot of f/x money. saw this within a few years of independent stations abandoning their late nite and weekend film slots. saw it one nite I think about one thirty in the am on channel 5 outta nyc. it works because the shriek is scary and the treasure seekers seem genuinely scared. they just can't win. everytime they try to go back into the cave and the shrieks and the dragging footprint sounds start they gotta start running only the 2nd time it follows them all the way back to their cottage.

not a bad little effort unfortunately no good prints are out there so I do what I can to spruce it up with virtualdub and enjoy.

this shot shows the outline of the shrieking critter.

The Sound of Horror B-Movie Review

Here's another movie in which there may not be a complete/un-cut print extant: 

NIGHT OF THE WITCHES (1970). 

I've seen a Tv print, but the movie is rated [R] and there's nothing R-rated on the television print.  There is a scene where the Preacher starts to spy on a couple of girls at a makeup table who seem to be angling to change their tops.  That is likely a continued scene in the un-cut version that had to be cut short for Tv!  Only runs 75 minutes at its full-length. 

A title like "Sound Of Horror" brings to mind those cheezy cassette tapes they sold in dollar stores that are geared towards playing through loudspeakers on Halloween night.  You know, with Foley effects of creaking doors, rattling chains, howling wolves and screams.  Kind of silly, but I bought one for kicks to see what they were all about, and to my surprise, at one point in the tape, I found the guys who put it together decided on THIS tune to provide background music!  :o   Y'know, ordinarily, you'd expect Bach's "Toccata and Fugue"  but instead, they used   

OOH!  That's SCARY!  💀

Sepiatone

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Sepiatone:  How do you get that skull image? 

When you compose a message, you'll see a list of options at the top of the message window. From left-to-right, you'll see a "B" (for making text bold), an "I" (for making text in italics), a "U" for underlining, etc. One of the options on that line is a little face emoji. If you click that, you can choose through a whole menu of emoticons/emojis.

I know I'm not who you addressed your query to, but he likely won't post again until tomorrow.

There's no skull for me to select on the list of emoticons that come up on my computer.  That's why I was curious as to how to 'make' a skull emoji come up.  Must be some way to do it that I'm missing.  Oh well . . .  

8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

💀

28 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

There's no skull for me to select on the list of emoticons that come up on my computer.  That's why I was curious as to how to 'make' a skull emoji come up.  Must be some way to do it that I'm missing.  Oh well . . .  

I can quote it... 💀 and I can select it... if you're getting a long list of selections like I am, the one you may want may be hard to find, 

I get 20 emoticons to pick from, Hallows, when I click on the 'Smiley Face' when composing a post.  That's it.  Maybe I'm not using the best kind of browser!  Internet Explorer seems to have gone out of favor.  I reckon one day I'll go to 'Mozilla' or 'Chrome'. 

When I go to YouTube I get the ♦same♦ message every time at the top of the screen: 

"We'll stop supporting this browser soon.  For the best experience please update your browser."

The part I underlined is underlined in the YouTube message.  It's a direct quote.  I guess YT is trying to tell me something!  :P

18 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I get 20 emoticons to pick from, Hallows, when I click on the 'Smiley Face' when composing a post.  That's it.  Maybe I'm not using the best kind of browser!  Internet Explorer seems to have gone out of favor.  I reckon one day I'll go to 'Mozilla' or 'Chrome'. 

When I go to YouTube I get the ♦same♦ message every time at the top of the screen: 

"We'll stop supporting this browser soon.  For the best experience please update your browser."

The part I underlined is underlined in the YouTube message.  It's a direct quote.  I guess YT is trying to tell me something!  :P

The tech has moved too fast for anyone disinterested... (like me)!  I use Firefox. 

When I post on the smiley face I get a small window with a scrollbar on the right.  There are many selections to choose from; the most commonly used ones are all the way at the bottom for me (first time doing such) ... :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Here's some,  just copy and paste.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_QR

I've got a list of how to make some odd emoticons, but it worked on some other site I'd visit often back then(early 2000's)   but they don't work here.  But for me in here...

I just clicked on the smiling face at the top of this reply box and got a "drop menu" of many different emoticons.   I'd have no idea why this site would give me access to them on my computer and not yours.  

Sepiatone