Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lone Wolf and Cub - Last Two Films?

I believe TCM Imports was to air all six of the Lone Wolf and Cub movies late Sunday nights, but last week they were pre-empted by the film festival programming and I see that this week they have another film on, which still comes from Japan.  Have they rescheduled the lone Wolf films?  Will they, if not?  They kind of killed the momentum of the story, such as it was, and the cool idea of doing these two at a time for the month for this series.

If you know the titles of the last two films, you ought to be able to search for them from the TCM homepage. If they pop up but have no date listed for the next airing (or if they don't pop up), that means they're not currently scheduled. Or they might show their next airing date.

Did the search - Thank you!

The last two are noted, but I see no apparent air dates.  The first four are noted to still be available on Watch TCM, but I did see them when they did air.  There is also an article for the last film being on DVD.

I wonder if they have these in their library or needed to get the rights to air them and will have to do so again.  It is the first time I can remember ever seeing them on TCM.

Though not a big deal, it is disappointing.

7 minutes ago, CMM said:

Did the search - Thank you!

The last two are noted, but I see no apparent air dates.  The first four are noted to still be available on Watch TCM, but I did see them when they did air.  There is also an article for the last film being on DVD.

I wonder if they have these in their library or needed to get the rights to air them and will have to do so again.  It is the first time I can remember ever seeing them on TCM.

Though not a big deal, it is disappointing.

Like with most of the foreign-language films TCM shows, the Lone Wolf & Cub series is available on Criterion DVD and Blu-ray. 

The schedules are usually set 2 or 3 months in advance, so July is the earliest that they would be likely to re-schedule the last two movies in the series. Unfortunately, whenever there's a relatively last-minute change to the schedule (usually due to a major celebrity death, but this time due to the COVID-19 necessitated cancellation of the TCM Film Festival), the stuff originally scheduled doesn't always get re-scheduled.

• Like 1