Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

April 2020, Watch TCM... working? Not working?

Suddenly, yesterday, Watch TCM stopped working for me. Still doesn't work today.
The error that pops up saying, "There was a problem accessing this content... Requested content is not included in your subscription."

I'm on a PC... so I did the usual things... deleted cookies, flushed my DNS. Still nothing.
I tried on Firefox. Then I installed Chrome and tried that. Same issue.

We've got TCM on our Direct TV channels... so... what has changed?
Netflix, Amazon, YouTube... all still work fine for me... just not TCM, but this is pretty much the only way I get to watch it nowadays.
So frustrating...

Anyone else getting this issue?

The app has not been working on my smart TV for at least the last three days. Same issue as you, but it actually starts at the main screen talking about a movie.  See in the photo where some of the pictures are missing?  That’s where it starts, and then the next screen I get the error that you are getting.  TCM or whoever doesn’t seem to be looking into it.  

B00270F5-B3B8-4C7A-A166-38D8F9BC701F.jpeg

14 hours ago, venusboys3 said:

Well... at least I know it's not just me...
It acts like I'm not signed in... despite having signed in.

I don't see anyway to contact anyone official to ask about the issue.

got this off their website. https://tcmdigitalhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360000354133-Watch-TCM-and-mobile-apps

I'm going to submit an email to the contact us section.  you might want to do the same.  

• Like 1

I contacted the TCM help(not really) desk.  I got the following response (oh I also downloaded the app on my phone after I got this message and same issue. black squared where a photo should be and then it just spins and spins..no error message but the movies still don't start):

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to TCM. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the TCM app.
Please note:

• You must receive the TCM channel in your cable/satellite subscription package through a participating TV Service Provider in order to use the Watch TCM app.
  • The FireStick is NOT supported for the Watch TCM app.  I like how it says here that the FireStick is NOT supported but then on Steps 2 and 3 it clearly says what to check on the FireStick.   

Below are a few basic troubleshooting tips for the FireTV that may help resolve your issue.

Step 1: Update your software

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Watch TCM app. On your Amazon FireTV, move the selection to the Watch TCM tile and press the Menu button on your remote (appears as three lines). In the lower-right corner, choose More Info and then Update (if an update is available).
  2. Make sure you have the latest system updates on your Amazon Fire TV. To do this, go to Settings > Device > About > Check for System Update.

Step 2: Check your network status

If videos frequently buffer or are poor quality, a slow or inconsistent network connection might be the cause. To check your network status:

1. On your Amazon FireStick, go to Settings > Network.
  2. Press the Play button on your remote to check your network status.

Step 3: Restart your devices

1. Unplug your Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube.
  2. Unplug the power from your network devices (modem, router, etc.).
  3. Wait 30 seconds.
  4. Reconnect the power to your modem and wait for it to connect to the Internet (about a minute).
  5. Reconnect the power to your router and wait for it to connect to the Internet.
  6. Plug your Amazon Fire TV back in.
  7. Open he Watch TCM app and see if the problem is resolved.

Step 4: Clear app data

1. From the Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage All Applications.
  2. Select Watch TCM from the list of apps.
  3. Select Clear data, and when prompted choose Clear data again.
  4. Restart your Amazon Fire TV.
  5. Open the Watch TCM app, sign in, and see if the problem is resolved.

Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Watch TCM app

1. From the Fire TV Home screen, choose Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
  2. Select Watch TCM from the list of applications.
  3. Select Force stop.
  4. Select Uninstall.
  5. Download and reinstall the Watch TCM app from the Amazon Appstore.

We hope this guide resolved your issue, however if you are still unable to access the Watch TCM app, please let us know, along with the following information.

1. Please confirm that you receive the TCM channel in your cable/satellite subscription package.
  2. Who is your cable provider?
  3. What is the make and model of your device?
  4. What OS are you using?
  5. Are you using a VPN to access the internet?
  6. Are you using a Wi-Fi or cellular connection?

Sincerely,
Your friends at TCM

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AngieKMotown said:

Thank you, JasonO!

I will certainly keep that useful (and much-appreciated) information handy! Thank you for sharing. I'm not sure what "happened", but the app is working again. 

nice...it's still not working on my tv.  

Not working on my TV either as of several days ago. Tried different browsers, and even a different computer, but it fails to log into my cable provider, and times out. Have written to the Help desk, but no follow-up.

• 1 month later...