Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade calls out media

On 4/27/2020 at 5:58 PM, mr6666 said:

Woman Says Tara Reade Told Her In Mid-1990s That Joe Biden Sexually Assaulted Her

“She really didn’t feel there was anything she could do,” Reade’s former neighbor told Business Insider.

Telling someone doesn't necessarily mean its true.

Biden asks secretary of Senate to locate Tara Reade complaint

...........Joe Biden sent a letter to the secretary of the Senate on Friday asking her to help locate a possible harassment complaint filed by Tara Reade, a former aide to the then-senator who claims he sexually assaulted her in 1993.

“I request that you take or direct whatever steps are necessary to establish the location of the records of this Office, and once they have been located, to direct a search for the alleged complaint and to make public the results of this search,” Biden wrote in a letter to Julie Adams, the secretary of the Senate.

“I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists, but any and all other documents in the records that relate to the allegation,” he added. ...........

.......Biden says he understood that any such complaint, if it existed, would reside in the National Archives. However, after checking with the National Archives, Biden states in the letter that the government agency pointed him and his campaign in the direction of the Senate for record keeping. 

"We had understood that the Senate stores records from this office, and from this period, in the
National Archives. The Archives now states that the records would have remained under the
control of the Senate," the letter read. 

Reade has said that she believes the complaint is in Biden’s Senate records, which are housed at the University of Delaware. The school has said that it will not release the records until two years after Biden has retired from public life. ............

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495753-biden-asks-secretary-of-senate-to-locate-tara-reade-complaint?__twitter_impression=true

4 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Reade has said that she believes the complaint is in Biden’s Senate records, which are housed at the University of Delaware. The school has said that it will not release the records until two years after Biden has retired from public life. ............

I'm sure if Joe asked real nice the University would be glad to release everything....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Biden Offers a New Standard for Assessing Claims of Sexual Misconduct

In denying Tara Reade’s allegation that he assaulted her, the presumptive Democratic nominee broke with his own past approach to evaluating such claims.

..........—the presumption that at least the essence is real. But today, Biden offered a subtly but importantly different standard. “Start off with the presumption they’re telling the truth”—but only as a starting point for investigation, rather than an endpoint.

“From the beginning, I’ve said believing a woman means taking the woman’s claim seriously when she steps forward,” Biden said. “And then vet it. Look into it. That’s true in this case as well. Women have a right to be heard and the press should investigate claims they make. I will always uphold that principle. But in the end, in every case, the truth is what matters. In this case, the truth is the claims are false.”

Again, that’s a standard many Americans might support: Who is against the truth? It’s also much closer to the view propounded by some Republicans during the Kavanaugh hearings. ...........

More than anything, Biden seemed at a loss for how to go beyond his flat denial and fresh standard.

“I don’t know what else I can say to you,” he said. .......

34 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Telling someone doesn't necessarily mean its true.

That wasn't the stance many Dems had,   especially those in the Senate,  when it came to Judge K.

This latest very,  very old accusations against a political figure,  was the very reason I was against what Dems did toward Judge K and Roy Moore. 

E.g. Pelosi is on record saying that a women should be believed.    It appears Nancy only meant when that women accuses a GOP political figure.

From the start of the Me-Too movement I have been consistent:    Decade old accusations need to be ignored. 

19 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I'm sure if Joe asked real nice the University would be glad to release everything....

True,  so isn't he question now why isn't Joe asking?        If Joe doesn't ask and the records are not released isn't it fair to ask 'Joe,   what are you hiding?'.

• Thanks 1

·
1h

Big developments since
@Morning_Joe interview yesterday:

1. Biden accuser cancels interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News.

2. Now says her complaints did not complain of sexual harassment or assault.

:blink:

Biden accuser Tara Reade 'not sure' what complaint she claims was filed with Senate says

Reade has said that the complaint, if it’s found, would not include the sexual assault allegation that she came forward with in March.

"..........Reade has said that the complaint, if it’s found, would not include the sexual assault allegation that she came forward with in March. She told the Associated Press in an interview Friday: “the main word I used — and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Biden has insisted that no record exists, but nonetheless on Friday sent a letter to the Secretary of the Senate asking that they “take or direct whatever steps are necessary” to determine where any such personnel record would exist, and release to the public any documents it finds related to any allegation Reade might have made. ...........

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-accuser-tara-reade-not-sure-what-complaint-she-claims-n1198741?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Biden accuser Tara Reade 'not sure' what complaint she claims was filed with Senate says

Reade has said that the complaint, if it’s found, would not include the sexual assault allegation that she came forward with in March.

"..........Reade has said that the complaint, if it’s found, would not include the sexual assault allegation that she came forward with in March. She told the Associated Press in an interview Friday: “the main word I used — and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

Biden has insisted that no record exists, but nonetheless on Friday sent a letter to the Secretary of the Senate asking that they “take or direct whatever steps are necessary” to determine where any such personnel record would exist, and release to the public any documents it finds related to any allegation Reade might have made. ...........

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-accuser-tara-reade-not-sure-what-complaint-she-claims-n1198741?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

As for her case:

Two more sources corroborate Tara Reade's allegations

At least two additional sources have claimed that former Senate staffer Tara Reade told them about aspects of her sexual harassment and assault claims against former Vice President Joe Biden, according to a new report.

The Associated Press revealed Saturday that its reporting uncovered two sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity and who added to the already-mixed bag of individuals either corroborating or casting doubt on Reade's claims.

One friend, who said they knew Reade in 1993, said she told them about the alleged assault when it happened, according to The AP. The second friend met Reade more than a decade after the alleged incident and confirmed that Reade had a conversation with them in 2007 or 2008 about allegedly experiencing sexual harassment from Biden while working in his Senate office.

Reade claimed she told three of Biden's other staff members about harassment, although none of them reportedly said they remembered hearing those allegations from her. However, two other individuals, including a former neighbor of Reade's, corroborated her sexual-assault allegation in a report released earlier this week.

In addition to the two sources reported Saturday by The Associated Press, that makes at least four people who have corroborated Reade's allegations of either sexual assault or harassment against Biden.

Lynda LaCasse, one of Reade's former neighbors, reportedly claimed that Reade shared details about the alleged assault in the mid-1990s. One of Reade's former colleagues, Lorraine Sanchez, also told Business Insider that she remembered Reade complaining that her former boss harassed her.

Reade was one of eight women who came forward last year with allegations that Biden made them feel uncomfortable with inappropriate displays of affection. Biden acknowledged the complaints at the time and promised to be “more mindful about respecting personal space in the future.”

After reviewing interviews with Reade from 2019, The AP interviewed her again on Friday. The outlet claims that Reade says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office at the time that did not explicitly accuse Biden of sexual assault or harassment.

So there have been nine women accusing Biden, and Tara Reade has four corroborating witnesses that she told them about it. No wonder democrats are so nervous about this.

19 hours ago, mr6666 said:
·
1h

Big developments since

so she's lying, right?...or she knows they will go to town on her simply to protect biden so why should she feed them? I look at this thing like al pacino...

if biden is telling the truth than she's lying.....

why would she lie???

1979 in Film: …And Justice for All | Filmotomy

On 5/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, mr6666 said:
·
1h

Big developments since

No, she explicitly said he fingered her. If she is going back on that and saying it was fake, Biden should absolutely sue her for slander.

11 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

so she's lying, right?...or she knows they will go to town on her simply to protect biden so why should she feed them? I look at this thing like al pacino...

if biden is telling the truth than she's lying.....

why would she lie???

Maybe Somebody paid her $130,000. But it wasn't Michael Cohen cuz he's still in jail.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sukhov said:

No, she explicitly said he fingered her. If she is going back on that and saying it was fake, Biden should absolutely sue her for slander.

Suing her would be a mistake as it relates to getting this story out of the media,  and into the dustbin of history  (which is what Biden needs most of all).

Some Dems in competitive House races have not endorsed Biden

More than a dozen Democratic House incumbents and several Senate candidates in competitive races have yet to endorse Joe Biden, nearly a month after the former vice president became his party's presumptive presidential nominee. The holdouts underscore challenges facing Biden as he prepares to lead a party fighting to defend a House majority and win back the Senate.

Some candidates who have yet to formally endorse Biden include Representatives Tom O'Halleran of Arizona, T.J. Cox of California, Jahana Hayes of Connecticut, Lauren Underwood of Illinois, Jared Golden of Maine, Chris Pappas of New Hampshire, Xochitl Torres Small of New Mexico, Susie Lee of Nevada, Antonio Delgado of New York, Kendra Horn of Oklahoma, Joe Cunningham of South Carolina, Ben McAdams of Utah and Kim Schrier of Washington state.

All are members of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee's (DCCC) "Frontline" program to buoy members in "tough seats."

How strange that he isn't being endorsed by these people, maybe they are waiting for Christmas.

27 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

How strange that he isn't being endorsed by these people, maybe they are waiting for Christmas.

Just so long as Biden continues to have your support, MM. That's all that really matters.

• Haha 2

Secretary of Senate declines to disclose information on Tara Reade complaint against Biden  -

".........The Senate’s legal office reviewed the records of the Office of Senate Fair Employment Practices, the Government Employee Rights Act of 1991 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991.

The office determined that any complaint filed against Biden could not be made public “based on the law’s strict confidentiality requirements (Section 313) and the Senate’s own direction that disclosure of Senate Records is not authorized if prohibited by law.”

Former White House counsel Bob Bauer, who served in the Obama administration, responded on behalf of Biden by asking the Secretary of the Senate if she is also prohibited from disclosing whether whether any relevant records exist.

“Is there anyone, such as the complainant, to whom such records, if they exist, could be lawfully disclosed,” Bauer asked. .......

"Could the Senate release the procedures and related materials, including any standard forms or instructions, that the Office of Senate Fair Employment Practices followed in 1993 for the intake and processing of any complaint of this kind?” Bauer asked, according to a statement from the Biden campaign.........

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/495957-secretary-of-senate-declines-to-disclose-information-on-tara-reade-complaint

<_<

Is It Fair to Compare Joe Biden to Brett Kavanaugh?

A candid conversation with the president of the National Women’s Law Center

Graves, who also helped found the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund, an organization that supports survivors of sexual assault and harassment as they pursue legal claims, bristled at any comparison between her organization’s response to Ford and its response to Reade when we spoke this week.

On Biden, “I don’t think there are good answers,” she told me...........

"........... I actually don’t think there are good choices. Whatever happens right now will be dissatisfying to some group of people. But here’s what it is not. It is not a feminist failure. It is not a failure of #MeToo. The fact is that politicians have failed to put something in place so far........

........"When there is no process, this is what happens. You have whiplash as one piece of information comes out after another, with groups of people saying, “I believe her” or “I believe him.” That is not a process I would endorse, and that is not a process that gives confidence that we as a country know how to handle this issue..........

........."We were able to provide her (Reade)  with connections to lawyers and resources and information in the way that we do anyone

.....But we were not able to provide funding assistance for public-relations efforts. That’s because we are a 501(c)(3). The tax code prohibits those types of nonprofits from interfering with elections......

I find it sort of astonishing that in the face of very serious allegations, people are pointing fingers at feminist organizations. It is deeply worrisome, because these critiques seem to be motivated by a search for hypocrisy, rather than actually playing attention to what we have been asking for.........."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/05/tara-reade-biden-feminism/611152/?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=the-atlantic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_term=2020-05-05T21%3A41%3A52

:huh:

Tara Reade sits down with Megyn Kelly for on-camera interview

............"She gets very candid, very emotional, and handles many direct challenges to her account. She also has a message directly for the former vice president,” Kelly told The Hill when contacted later on Thursday.

The interview will be posted on Kelly's official Instagram and YouTube pages, with clips being released to networks and publications prior to the full sit-down airing, Kelly told The Hill. ........

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/496611-biden-accuser-tara-reade-sits-down-with-megyn-kelly-for-on-camera-interview

:unsure:

Again, I don't know if Reade's allegations are true.

I do know she refused multiple interview requests from traditional news outlets (and even Fox!)
in order to handpick notoriously soft fact-checker Megyn Kelly.
:unsure:

I believe Tara Reade.....is looking for a book deal.