Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade calls out media

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I believe Tara Reade.....is looking for a book deal.

Maybe several books --

where the reader can pick the version that they like the best.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Maybe several books --

where the reader can pick the version that they like the best.

I doubt she'll go that route. Just the usual soon to be in the bargain bin type volume. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1996 court doc shows Tara Reade's ex-husband knew about 'sexual harassment'

A newly emerged court document from 1996 shows Tara Reade's ex-husband was told about "sexual harassment" that took place while she worked in then-Sen. Joe Biden's office, according to a report.

The San Luis Obispo Tribune obtained a court filing on Thursday from San Luis Obispo County showing Reade's then-husband, Theodore Dronen, referring to her time working for the Delaware senator. The declaration came in response to a restraining order she had filed against him after he filed for divorce.

The court document, however, did not directly accuse the former vice president and 2020 presidential candidate of sexual harassment or refer to a sexual assault.

"I met Petitioner in the spring of 1993 while working in Washington D.C. At the early stages of our dating, Petitioner felt comfortable confiding in me as we both worked for members of Congress, and we shared many common interests," the document obtained by the Tribune read. "On several occasions Petitioner related a problem that she was having at work regarding sexual harassment, in U.S. Senator Joe Biden's office. Petitioner told me she struck a deal with the chief of staff of the senator's office and left her position."

Dronen continued, "I was sympathetic to her needs when she asked me for help, and assisted her financially, and allowed her to stay in my apartment with my roommate while she looked for work. It was obvious that this event had a very traumatic effect on Petitioner, and that she is still sensitive and [affected] by it today."

*************************************************************

The fat lady is starting to warm up now....................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The agonizing story of Tara Reade

I started reporting on Tara Reade’s story a year ago. Here’s what I found, and where I’m stuck.

".............If Reade had told a consistent story and shared all of her corroborating sources with reporters, if those sources had told a consistent story, if the Union piece had shaken loose other cases like hers, or if there were “smoking gun” evidence in Biden’s papers, her account might have been reported on differently in mainstream media a year ago. It is not fair to an individual survivor that their claims require an extraordinary level of confirmation, but it’s what reporters have found is necessary for their stories to hold up to public scrutiny and successfully hold powerful men accountable. So we are here.

The media took Reade seriously. She wanted more.

When Halper asked Reade why she didn’t mention the assault allegation originally, she responded by blaming the media:...........

 

Reade when she first came to me, and I worked hard to find the evidence to make certain others would believe her, too. I couldn’t find it.

None of that means Reade is lying, but it leaves us in the limbo of Me Too: a story that may be true but that we can’t prove.............

This year, Reade has emerged as an ardent Bernie Sanders supporter, with a much more damaging story to tell about Biden, who is now the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee. She went public with the rape accusation on a podcast sympathetic to Sanders and followed up with Ryan Grim of the Intercept, an outlet that has been consistently critical of Biden...........

And given that the goal of beating Trump is paramount this fall, some see dwelling on an accusation that has yet to be definitively proven as a damaging distraction.

To Reade, though, none of this is that complicated.

“My story never changed. I just didn’t come forward with all the details. It’s really simple,” she said to me. “I held back this story because I was afraid of a powerful man.”

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

:unsure:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

 

And given that the goal of beating Trump is paramount this fall, some see dwelling on an accusation that has yet to be definitively proven as a damaging distraction.

 

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/7/21248713/tara-reade-joe-biden-sexual-assault-accusation?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

:unsure:

 

fine. fair enough...but then the msm loses the moral authority to criticize trump if they're gonna ignore Tara Reade for biden's sake.

:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

fine. fair enough...but then the msm loses the moral authority to criticize trump if they're gonna ignore Tara Reade for biden's sake.

:angry:

I agree with that.    But it is fair to criticize Trump for the comments he has made such 'gaping their 'p,,,,',   or when he implies a women wasn't even good looking enough for him to harass. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What 74 former Biden staffers think about Tara Reade’s allegations-

"..........None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade. Former staffers said they believed Reade should be heard, and acknowledged that their experiences do not disprove her accusation.......

Other recollections from former staffers corroborated things she has described publicly, such as Biden’s use of the Senate gym and a supervisor admonishing her for dressing inappropriately.

Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

“The one thing about Joe Biden is, he is a man of the highest character and that’s why these accusations are so surreal and just can’t comport with the man I worked with,” said Marcia Lee Taylor, a senior policy advisor on the Judiciary Committee, where women held leading roles when Biden served as chairman.

But he had blindspots, which Biden himself has publicly acknowledged, when it came to how his interactions with women in public could make them uncomfortable. ...........

 

Many staffers stressed that people frequently gravitate to Biden, as a kind of “comforter-in-chief,” and look for an arm around a shoulder or a kiss on the cheek.

However, staffers agree it was not in Biden’s nature to gauge social signals about whether someone wanted to be hugged or touched. Many said they learned that he might do so without warning, though most saw it as an endearing quality that wasn’t sexual in nature.

A former staffer said that when Biden does things like stroking women’s hair, there’s a complicated dynamic at play.

His behavior toward women can be “somewhat infantilizing,” the staffer said. “That doesn’t look like equality, right? But that was an expression of empathy, as opposed to flirtation.”

For others, Biden’s touching evoked some regret. “There were times as I now look back that I think we messed up. We should have said something about that,” a different former staffer said. “We probably should have recognized that made people uncomfortable.”..........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-74-former-biden-staffers-think-about-tara-reades-allegations

:unsure:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances

A number of those who crossed paths with Biden’s accuser say they remember two things: She spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

 

"..........A number of those in close contact with Reade over the past 12 years, a period in which she went by the names Tara Reade, Tara McCabe or Alexandra McCabe, laid out a familiar pattern: Reade ingratiated herself, explained she was down on her luck and needed help, and eventually took advantage of their goodwill to extract money, skip rent payments or walk out on other bills.

The people quoted in this article provided copies of past emails, screenshots of Facebook Messenger or text exchanges with Reade, copies of billing invoices or court records detailing their grievances or correspondence. .......

...many of those who knew her well in recent years said she frequently lied or sought to manipulate them, in many instances taking advantage of their desire to help a person they felt was down on her luck.

“You can use these words: manipulative, deceitful, user,” said Kelly Klett, an attorney who rented Reade a room in her home in 2018.........

“Look,” he told his wife when he first saw Reade on the screen, “she has gone big time. She’s going after the big fish now.” ........

“I support women who have been assaulted. Unfortunately, I cannot support Tara Reade,” she said. “When she first contacted me regarding this issue, she could not provide enough credible information. And since that time the story has evolved in the media. I question her motives.”.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances

A number of those who crossed paths with Biden’s accuser say they remember two things: She spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

 

"..........A number of those in close contact with Reade over the past 12 years, a period in which she went by the names Tara Reade, Tara McCabe or Alexandra McCabe, laid out a familiar pattern: Reade ingratiated herself, explained she was down on her luck and needed help, and eventually took advantage of their goodwill to extract money, skip rent payments or walk out on other bills.

The people quoted in this article provided copies of past emails, screenshots of Facebook Messenger or text exchanges with Reade, copies of billing invoices or court records detailing their grievances or correspondence. .......

...many of those who knew her well in recent years said she frequently lied or sought to manipulate them, in many instances taking advantage of their desire to help a person they felt was down on her luck.

“You can use these words: manipulative, deceitful, user,” said Kelly Klett, an attorney who rented Reade a room in her home in 2018.........

“Look,” he told his wife when he first saw Reade on the screen, “she has gone big time. She’s going after the big fish now.” ........

“I support women who have been assaulted. Unfortunately, I cannot support Tara Reade,” she said. “When she first contacted me regarding this issue, she could not provide enough credible information. And since that time the story has evolved in the media. I question her motives.”.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/15/tara-reade-left-trail-of-aggrieved-acquaintances-260771

:unsure:

This is part of the picture that needs to be framed, to show Tara Reade characteristics. This also gives way to a counter examination of Joe Biden's characteristics. Here is one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all these anti-Biden videos (with far more to come undoubtedly). What do they accomplish by posting them on these boards exactly? The Trump supporters may cheer them but anyone who can't stand Trump is going to vote Biden, videos or not.

The Trump forces hope, of course, that the smear tactics on Joe may keep a few independent voters home on election night. That's their big hope.

But Biden doesn't have any of the antipathy towards him that Hillary had. That was a plus for Trump in 2016 that he doesn't have this year.

The smear videos merely add to the division already in the nation since they will be seen as the phony distractions they are to those who have no intention of voting for trump and those who cheer the videos have already made their pro Trump minds up anyway.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TomJH said:

But Biden doesn't have any of the antipathy towards him that Hillary had. That was a plus for Trump in 2016 that he doesn't have this year.

Plus we know Twump's a genuine, bonafide idiot now, too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Plus we know Twump's a genuine, bonafide idiot now, too.

Cult worshippers only continue to follow a 73 year old man whose ignorance is so profound that he thinks disinfectant is internally safe for the human body. Making this statement from his Presidential podium also shows how irresponsibly reckless he is as a person,as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TomJH said:

So all these anti-Biden videos (with far more to come undoubtedly). What do they accomplish by posting them on these boards exactly? The Trump supporters may cheer them but anyone who can't stand Trump is going to vote Biden, videos or not.

The Trump forces hope, of course, that the smear tactics on Joe may keep a few independent voters home on election night. That's their big hope.

But Biden doesn't have any of the antipathy towards him that Hillary had. That was a plus for Trump in 2016 that he doesn't have this year.

The smear videos merely add to the division already in the nation since they will be seen as the phony distractions they are to those who have no intention of voting for trump and those who cheer the videos have already made their pro Trump minds up anyway.

 

I posted a measured response to the last two articles that mr6666 posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TomJH said:

So all these anti-Biden videos (with far more to come undoubtedly). What do they accomplish by posting them on these boards exactly? The Trump supporters may cheer them but anyone who can't stand Trump is going to vote Biden, videos or not.

The Trump forces hope, of course, that the smear tactics on Joe may keep a few independent voters home on election night. That's their big hope.

But Biden doesn't have any of the antipathy towards him that Hillary had. That was a plus for Trump in 2016 that he doesn't have this year.

The smear videos merely add to the division already in the nation since they will be seen as the phony distractions they are to those who have no intention of voting for trump and those who cheer the videos have already made their pro Trump minds up anyway....what has Jakeem accomplished with all his inserts?

:lol:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

what has Jakeem accomplished with all his inserts?

Looks like He accomplishes pushing all Jakeaholeman's inserts into the page 2 trash dumpster

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She filed a complaint that Biden is hiding, that's the difference. If that comes out of the woodwork, just before the election???????????????

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TalkTalk123 said:

I posted a measured response to the last two articles that mr6666 posted.

Curious how your "measured" responses are always a knock on Biden. That's okay, you're a Trump follower, we get that. I hope you're not trying to pretend that you are being "objective" in your selection of videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

She filed a complaint that Biden is hiding, that's the difference. If that comes out of the woodwork, just before the election???????????????

 

 

You only care about this because you hope it may benefit Trump politically.

Morally you couldn't give a damn whether the assault charge against Biden is true or not, MM. You've proven that by your support of Trump despite accusations, far more serious in nature, made by countless women against him. Hillary was right about those many deplorables that support one of their own kind in the highest office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TomJH said:

So all these anti-Biden videos (with far more to come undoubtedly). What do they accomplish by posting them on these boards exactly? The Trump supporters may cheer them but anyone who can't stand Trump is going to vote Biden, videos or not.

The Trump forces hope, of course, that the smear tactics on Joe may keep a few independent voters home on election night. That's their big hope.

But Biden doesn't have any of the antipathy towards him that Hillary had. That was a plus for Trump in 2016 that he doesn't have this year.

The smear videos merely add to the division already in the nation since they will be seen as the phony distractions they are to those who have no intention of voting for trump and those who cheer the videos have already made their pro Trump minds up anyway.

 

Really you still don't get it;   TT123  worships all things Sanders.     Biden is the reason his hero is out of the running and will never gain any higher political position in the USA.

Like all those that worship someone,   it isn't so much about politics or policy (since clearly both Clinton and Biden have more in common is those areas with Sander than Trump has with Sanders).      It is all about bitterness;       Trump didn't knock their hero out of the running but Clinton and Biden did.

Lack of support by bitter Sanders supporters in 2016 was one of the reasons Clinton lost to Trump.    Hopefully that doesn't happen again,  but convincing someone like TT123 to support Biden,,,,, wow,,,, I don't think that going to happen.   The best us anyone-but-Trump voters can hope for is that he sits out the election. 

Bernie Bros;  their bitterness has become all consuming.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...