Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

IS THERE A STAR YOU MOST LOOK & OR SOUND LIKE WHEN YOU TALK?

always curious about this online, is there a particular celebrity you most resemble & or sound like, in history or &live?& as for me all immediately insist I sound like NYC/NJ which is true, & or DE NIRO, or someone out of THE SOPRANOS I always tell people I overdosed all these decades on DE NIRO movies

I can't help it & wasn't always sounding like this, but there it is

It's called splitting your T's lifted from the only good sequence in 1961's DEVIL AT 4 O'CLOCK when SPENCE asked that of SINATRA

How about you?

A former girlfriend of mine-(stripper) said I looked like both KEITEL & real life gangster MICKEY COHEN (l904-76) whom KEITEL to date earned his one and only Oscar shot in 1991's BUGSY ($49m.) 4 stars!

However, I'm bigger then them

My already late dad at one time actually looked like JIM NABORS??? Then later in life GE0RGE CLOONEY, until he shot up to over 335lbs before being killed in an au accident at age 67 in 2012

again, balls in your corner

I look like myself.  :) But seriously, I do not believe I look like anyone famous but my dad looks like Hawk from Twin Peaks. He has gotten that comparison before. 

2 hours ago, Sukhov said:

I look like myself.  :) But seriously, I do not believe I look like anyone famous but my dad looks like Hawk from Twin Peaks. He has gotten that comparison before. 

Loved TP especially the original from 1990/91, what do you think of TP:THE RETURN only a couple years ago? That superb score by ANGELO BADALAMENTI as well  The entire score is on youtube

and most finally agree, I saw it then, TP was basically somewhat of a sequel only in pts to LYNCH'S BRILLIANT 19896 BLUE VELVET

He's known for 2 things his weirdness-(though '99's THE STRAIGHT-STOY with an Oscar nommed RICHARD FARNSWORTH was Disney & rated G) & his superb villians, DENNIS HOPPER IN BV being the leader!

I would say I sound like Bacall. Husky, throaty, full of come and get me. Just put your lips together and blow.

1 hour ago, Janet0312 said:

I would say I sound like Bacall. Husky, throaty, full of come and get me. Just put your lips together and blow.

thanks for your input

Having not so much hair, I used to get compared to George from Seinfeld. More recently, it was Bryan Cranston (but only from Breaking Bad). Many people have compared my voice to Tom Hanks' (or the kids I sub for compare it to Forest Gump, because they have no idea who Tom Hanks is). I don't hear it myself, but several dozen people have commented on it, so I guess it's there. 

4 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Having not so much hair, I used to get compared to George from Seinfeld. More recently, it was Bryan Cranston (but only from Breaking Bad). Many people have compared my voice to Tom Hanks' (or the kids I sub for compare it to Forest Gump, because they have no idea who Tom Hanks is). I don't hear it myself, but several dozen people have commented on it, so I guess it's there. 

everybody loved KRAMER as the most hilarious on SEINFELD but to me it was GEORGE! LARRY DAVID created him mostly as himself, as you can easily see on his marvelous CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM show biy of course taken up a notch in his behavior on CURB...  & you could identify more with GEORGE than KRAMER-(who along with ED (Art Carney) NORTON on THE HONEYMOONERS are arguably the all-time greatest physical characters in comedy in tv history, but GEORGE is more the everyman

As for CRANSTON a superb actor & already an Oscar contender for TRUMBO I even though barely rank BB as the all-0time finest dramatic series, even barely over THE SOPRANOS & BB's finae was brilliant!

& what can anyone say more about HANKS???

My aunt on my dad's side was a knock-out,  like a young Shirley MacLaine.   However, I take after my mom's side of the family.  The women, at some point, all turn into Marie Dressler.  So I've got that to look forward to.

Shirley MacLaine interviewHappy 150th Birthday Marie Dressler – Waldina

• Haha 1

No.  I've never been mistaken for anyone famous in appearance or voice.   

I would say, however, that when my Mom married my stepdad in 1986 his dad looked so much like Karl Malden he'd have people occasionally ask him for his autograph thinking that's who he was. 

12 hours ago, Peebs said:

My aunt on my dad's side was a knock-out,  like a young Shirley MacLaine.   However, I take after my mom's side of the family.  The women, at some point, all turn into Marie Dressler.  So I've got that to look forward to.

Shirley MacLaine interviewHappy 150th Birthday Marie Dressler – Waldina

THAT WAS JUST ABOUT THE TIME MY MOM WORKED OUT A LONGTIME IN A HOT SUMMER nyc BALLET CLASS

• Thanks 1

& dressler was the annual $box-office$ champ for 1932 & '33

I have been compared in appearance (but not in wealth) to Dick Cheney.  I  have even played him in a couple of bar show productions. In voice, I have been compared to Billy Bob Thornton.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:12 AM, sewhite2000 said:

Did you record the theme from Greatest American Hero on you answer machine, George?

• Haha 1

My father was the spittin' image of Lloyd Bridges and was often stopped and asked if he was.

9 minutes ago, Janet0312 said:

My father was the spittin' image of Lloyd Bridges and was often stopped and asked if he was.

cool

On 4/29/2020 at 10:03 PM, Thenryb said:

I have been compared in appearance (but not in wealth) to Dick Cheney.  I  have even played him in a couple of bar show productions. In voice, I have been compared to Billy Bob Thornton.

& among the few Oscar contenders I missed that year was VICE

Years ago I even walked like BOBBY DE as well

52 minutes ago, spence said:

& among the few Oscar contenders I missed that year was VICE

BILLY BOB was truly robbed of what woulda been his 2nd Academy award-(won for it's script) & deserved Best actor in SLINGBLADE! Instead they voted for GEOFFREY HINES in SHINE???

My father was told numerous times he resembled  Keenan Wynn and my mother resembled Ann Miller.  They got many a stare when they went out and approached by strangers for autographs when they were young  in the late 40's.  That all ended when they got older in the 60s.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Janet0312 said:

Yeah, and I'll bet this especially happened a lot whenever your dad was in his scuba gear, huh Janet! ;)

• Haha 1

Yeah, I look and sound just like Natalie Wood:

fa0acdd7bed885667caaeab5baebcc2d.jpg

800%20gypsyPDVD_040.jpg

Photos of me as a little girl have been mistaken for Natalie as a little girl.

On 5/5/2020 at 12:02 AM, Dargo said:

Yeah, and I'll bet this especially happened a lot whenever your dad was in his scuba gear, huh Janet! ;)

You know, Darg, you made me have a vision of my father, who was a house painter, would come home hot and sweaty on a summer day, put on his bathing suit and dive into our swimming pool. It was just an above ground affair. Round. But it was cooling and Dad was one hellova swimmer. Splash! A good memory. Thanks, chum.

• Like 1

thanks to those that posted!   I'm a big guy at easily 5;10 & now about 315lbs-(was once over 335lbs) ut as I said my NYC/NJ accent just seems to grow for some reason, I sound like between De Niro & Tony Soprano

On 5/5/2020 at 7:32 AM, TikiSoo said:

Yeah, I look and sound just like Natalie Wood:

fa0acdd7bed885667caaeab5baebcc2d.jpg

800%20gypsyPDVD_040.jpg

Photos of me as a little girl have been mistaken for Natalie as a little girl.

rom an ex gangster in exile sportsfans

• Confused 1