Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

SINCE WE CAN'T ACTALLY BET HERE NOT EVEN A BUCK, A GENTLEMAN'S BET THAT....

DONALD TRUMP will defeat JOE BIDEN by approx. 70to 75% of the vote!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spence said:

DONALD TRUMP will defeat JOE BIDEN by approx. 70to 75% of the vote!

You really think that after the misfires and lack of performance (especially on the foreign policy front,  where Trump has failed time and time again),   Trump will receive MORE popular votes than Biden? 

There is NO way Trump will get more votes than Biden,  just like he did NOT get more votes than Clinton.    No way at all.     Like in 2016,  70% of CA,  the largest state in the Union,  will vote against Trump (and mostly for Biden).      Even in my conservative county  (Orange) a Dem,  Katie Porter, won the House seat in 2018.     A seat the GOP had held for decades,  all because even GOP members in my county know that Trump is a disaster.     In fact 5 GOP House incumbents were defeated in GOP districts in 2018,  all due to Trump.    CA folks,   even conservatives ones,  can see what a phony a-hole Trump is. 

Add NY as another large state Biden will win by a large majority,  and there is NO WAY at all that Trump will get more popular votes than Biden.  

NOW Trump might win the election via the EC,  like he did in 2016,   but NOT the popular vote.  (and I don't think Trump will win the EC unless he can re-gain support in Florida,  a state that has turned against Trump and their kiss-a Governor  based on polling data. 

Really what makes you believe that is even possible given what we know today as well as what polls are showing?       

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

You really think that after the misfires and lack of performance (especially on the foreign policy front,  where Trump has failed time and time again),   Trump will receive MORE popular votes than Biden? 

There is NO way Trump will get more votes than Biden,  just like he did NOT get more votes than Clinton.    No way at all.     Like in 2016,  70% of CA,  the largest state in the Union,  will vote against Trump (and mostly for Biden).      Even in my conservative county  (Orange) a Dem,  Katie Porter, won the House seat in 2018.     A seat the GOP had held for decades,  all because even GOP members in my county know that Trump is a disaster.     In fact 5 GOP House incumbents were defeated in GOP districts in 2018,  all due to Trump.    CA folks,   even conservatives ones,  can see what a phony a-hole Trump is. 

Add NY as another large state Biden will win by a large majority,  and there is NO WAY at all that Trump will get more popular votes than Biden.  

NOW Trump might win the election via the EC,  like he did in 2016,   but NOT the popular vote.  (and I don't think Trump will win the EC unless he can re-gain support in Florida,  a state that has turned against Trump and their kiss-a Governor  based on polling data. 

Really what makes you believe that is even possible given what we know today as well as what polls are showing?       

thanks for replying, don't think it will be a landside like REAGAN vs MONDALE,but notfr from it&once again not a huge TRUMP fan here, this is reaity THE DEBATES WILL PUT TE FORK IN BIDEN, who nowppears ti have deep financial roots intoCHNA!   Excuse the sloppy writing again, this damn keyboard this time

All of the pols for 2016 had Hillaryway ahead of him

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, spence said:

True,  but Clinton still received more popular votes than Trump in 2016  (Clinton received 2.8 million more popular votes).   MORE.    You're saying that Trump will receive 70% to 75% of the popular vote.    That would be the largest turnaround in US history!   NOT logical and NOT going to happen. 

Do the math;  there is NO way that will happen unless Trump receives more popular votes in states like CA and NY.     NOT.

Like I said Trump may win the election but my guess is that even his own family or campaign staff don't believe he will receive more popular voters than Biden.

As  far as debates go;  I don't think there will be any,  because Trump will require that he select who asks the questions and even Fox will NOT agree to that.    Trump will not do a debate hosted by CNN or NBC.     Instead Trump will claim the debates are hosted by the fake-news and thus it would be insane for him to assist them in their attacks to ensure he isn't re-elected.

Biden should just flat out refuse to debate Twump  at all, he doesn't follow the rules and wouldn't follow them in any debate anyway. Take away his sycophant cheerleaders and all his prime time oxygen. Let him do Eastwood's empty chair routine, when he just babbles on about being greatest this, the best that, having the most this doing the most that, he sounds like the limited vocabulary real estate con man he's always been.

32 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Biden should just flat out refuse to debate Twump  at all, he doesn't follow the rules and wouldn't follow them in any debate anyway. Take away his sycophant cheerleaders and all his prime time oxygen. Let him do Eastwood's empty chair routine, when he just babbles on about being greatest this, the best that, having the most this doing the most that, he sounds like the limited vocabulary real estate con man he's always been.

It appears you believe Trump would best Biden in a debate.    While Trump is a better overall debater than Biden, as I noted,  a lot would depend on the moderators and the questions they ask.    If there are questions like what we see reporters asking related to C-19,   this would set Trump off and,  if he reacts like does at these briefings (e,g. yelling at the moderator and saying they are asking fake news questions,, or just flat out lying by saying he never said something he clearly did)  that could sink him.     

Trump did very well in the 2016 debates since he had no political track record;  i.e.  no history as an office holder implementing policy.   He was able to attack the other actual politicians\office holders on their record (during the primary debates),  and they didn't have much they could attack him back on that wasn't unrelated to actual policy implementation  (e.g. his treatment of women,  racist comments,).       That isn't the case in 2020;   Biden can attack Trump on his multiple foreign policy failures,  massive increase in the debt,   etc....

OK,  I'm worried if Biden has what it takes in terms of energy and competency (e.g. can he remember key points and statistics) to make such attacks.  

So maybe no debates  is best for both of them.

The most modern presidents have gotten as a % of the popular vote is in the 61% range. So Donny

with 70% to 75% is a fantasy, though there likely are enough morons for him to possibly win the

EC. Too early to tell right now, plus the question of what methods will be used for voting in

2020 makes things harder to figure out.

23 hours ago, spence said:

Huffingtonpost had Hillary's chances at 98% and Trump they had at....1.7%!

:lol:

20 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

right! right now biden is hiding from the news media so later he can switch to trump.