Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TopBilled

Films you would put on an endless loop

21 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I found a new favorite on Amazon Prime a few nights ago. A nicely restored copy of ONE EYED JACKS. I'd never watched it because most prints were inferior quality and when I watch Brando I want to see it all clearly.

Anyway, this film is now cleaned up...and it was so great, I immediately put it on replay. And in the last three days I've watched it going on ten times.

WHICH FILM PAL?

Just now, spence said:

WHICH FILM PAL?

one eyed jacks is very good (***1/2)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spence said:

one eyed jacks is very good (***1/2)

Yeah, the only film Brando ever directed. 

DIDN'T KUBRICK ALSO START THIS ONE?

Just now, spence said:

DIDN'T KUBRICK ALSO START THIS ONE?

I think it was intended for Kubrick who left the project. Not sure if Kubrick actually filmed anything.

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yeah, the only film Brando ever directed. 

WHEM [TESSED HE'D ADMIT HIS SOLE FILM HE LIKED EST WAS    WALKER?

56 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I agree that DARK PASSAGE is very re-watchable. Something about it just pulls me right in...and makes me want to go back to the beginning and start it all over again.

Yes. It's interesting that we don't see Vincent Parry's (Bogart) face until almost half way through the movie. The only weak part for me is when Agnes Moorhead as Madge falls out of the window. I'm not sure how they could have disposed of her more effectively, but there had to have been a better way. That being said it's still one of my favorites.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

Yes. It's interesting that we don't see Vincent Parry's (Bogart) face until almost half way through the movie. The only weak part for me is when Agnes Moorhead as Madge falls out of the window. I'm not sure how they could have disposed of her more effectively, but there had to have been a better way. That being said it's still one of my favorites.

The death of Moorehead's character tends to be what people remember, but yeah, it doesn't seem to fit the movie. It's a bit contrived and in there for shock value I think. The movie's more interesting portion is the beginning when as you say, we haven't seen Parry's face...but we have Bogart's voice so we have some idea how he'll look.

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 3.21.33 PM

On 6/6/2020 at 3:16 PM, Hoganman1 said:

I've always thought there were a lot more near incredible coincidences and contrivances in this film's plot than just the Moorehead falls through the window thing.

(...still though, the San Francisco of the late-'40s location shoot always make it a good watch)

I just thought of a great trivia question. Who was the actor who portrayed Vincent Parry in the photos before his plastic surgery. Unfortunately, I don't know, but my money is on the chance that someone from this forum probably does know.

Also, my apologies to TopBilled for taking this thread away from his original intent.

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

I just thought of a great trivia question. Who was the actor who portrayed Vincent Parry in the photos before his plastic surgery. Unfortunately, I don't know, but my money is on the chance that someone from this forum probably does know.

Also, my apologies to TopBilled for taking this thread away from his original intent.

dark_passage.jpg

It's actor Frank Wilcox, Hogan.

Here's a couple more shots of him in just some of the many television roles you might have seen him in over the years...

7202309_f496.jpg

Frank-Wilcox.jpg

• Like 3

My personal favorite is "Dinner At Eight". I can watch it over and over again. I especially love Marie Dressler and Jean Harlow in their various scenes. They're still funny after repeated watchings and their lines aren't dated at all.

• Like 3

Y'know MIDNIGHT----

I don't WANT to know anyone who doesn't think Dressler's double take at the end isn't priceless!  And followed by that exquisite line!  AND, IMHO, better than Joe E's at the end of "Some Like It Hot".  :P

Sepiatone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoganman1 said:

No worries. We're discussing classic film...that's what counts around here!

The Apartment, it seems its never on enough. That and there is just something about Shirley Maclaine, especially when she is so young. All I can think of is this where she seems so innocent and the role she plays in Two Mules for Sister Sara.

MV5BYzhhNTVlMjMtYmI5NC00N2NlLTk5ZTUtNjNhYjg3MzZiMzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2NDA2ODM@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dargo said:

dark_passage.jpg

It's actor Frank Wilcox, Hogan.

Here's a couple more shots of him in just some of the many television roles you might have seen him in over the years...

7202309_f496.jpg

Frank-Wilcox.jpg

I knew someone would know the answer. You people are the best I've ever seen. This site is wonderful. It's kept me reasonably sane during these insane times. 

• Like 4

Breakfast at Tiffany's is movie I could watch endlessly. Audrey Hepburn was fantastic in this movie. This movie has a very soothing effect on me 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MusicalsGalore said:

Breakfast at Tiffany's is movie I could watch endlessly. Audrey Hepburn was fantastic in this movie. This movie has a very soothing effect on me 

If only we could edit out Mickey Rooney's offensive portrayal of an asian stereotype, it would be a perfect movie.

The Searchers, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Hud, The Producers, The Entertainer, Wanda, and Sweet Smell of Success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbel4 said:

The Searchers, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Hud, The Producers, The Entertainer, Wanda, and Sweet Smell of Success.

Interesting choices. It's been awhile since I've seen THE ENTERTAINER, and I enjoy it quite a lot.

20 hours ago, cbel4 said:

Can't argue with those choices, especially THE SEARCHERS, TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE, HUD and THE ENTERTAINER.

They would also be in my line up of movies I can watch over and over again.

• Like 1