Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

Noir Alert

Recommended Posts

On 5/13/2020 at 6:52 PM, Hoganman1 said:

Why would they show the same movie within four days? 

Because the rental dictates broadcasting a certain number of times within a dictated time period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well tomorrow is Thursday and the MOVIES network usually shows film noir features all day. I usually record them as they break for commercials quite frequently.  I have not checked the line-up yet, but many are repeats from previous weeks. Still, I enjoy viewing most of them. I'm still pretty new to this genre even though I'm seventy and have seen some of the more famous noirs.  I do miss that they don't have the normal TCM lead-ins, but I'll take whatever I can get these days. The last few months have made us all alter our routines.   My whole life revolves around golf, yard work and movies now.  It's been raining here in Charlotte for two days so the first two are temporarily gone. If my cable goes out I might turn into Howard Beale from NETWORK.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

Well tomorrow is Thursday and the MOVIES network usually shows film noir features all day. I usually record them as they break for commercials quite frequently.  I have not checked the line-up yet, but many are repeats from previous weeks. Still, I enjoy viewing most of them. I'm still pretty new to this genre even though I'm seventy and have seen some of the more famous noirs.  I do miss that they don't have the normal TCM lead-ins, but I'll take whatever I can get these days. The last few months have made us all alter our routines.   My whole life revolves around golf, yard work and movies now.  It's been raining here in Charlotte for two days so the first two are temporarily gone. If my cable goes out I might turn into Howard Beale from NETWORK.

Yea,  most of them I have seen,  but I'll be watching The Man I Love with Ida Lupino and my gal Martha Vickers.   (10 PM PDT).

lwOxm-1587494398-2780-movie-ManILove_800x1187.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noir Alerts!

Noir Alley of course - CORNERED (1945) SATURDAY, MAY 23 @ 12:00 AM (ET)  & Sunday at 10PM

Cornered Poster

TOO LATE FOR TEARS (1949) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 11:30 AM (ET)

2945477.jpg

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW(1944) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 10:00 PM (ET)

The Woman in the Window Poster

SCARLET STREET(1945) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 11:45 PM (ET)

Scarlet Street

PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET(1953)  FRIDAY, MAY 29 @ 08:00 PM (ET)

592375.jpg

NIAGARA(1953)  FRIDAY, MAY 29 @ 11:30 PM (ET) Repeated

Niagara Poster

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing SCARLET STREET. I think I've seen it before but don't remember much about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the movies.  I've seen both Woman in the Window and Scarlet Street (great performance by all three leads) numerous times.  I'm not sure I've seen Cornered but Pickup on South Street is a very good movie (especially Thelma Ritter's performance).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DEEP VALLEY (1947) - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 @ 04:00 PM (ET) Never seen it but its on some Noir lists.

Deep Valley Poster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

DEEP VALLEY (1947) - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 @ 04:00 PM (ET) Never seen it but its on some Noir lists.

Deep Valley Poster

 

Very good film. Saw it for the first time a few years back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lean week for Films Noir

WOMAN ON THE RUN TUESDAY, JUNE 9 @ 12:30 AM (ET) 

2941263.jpg

(Noir Alley) GUN CRAZY SATURDAY, JUNE 13 @ 01:30 PM (ET)

Gun Crazy Poster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday evening includes Mickey One (1965), which is much too arty for its own good and weak on story, but with outstanding noir cinematography by Ghislain Cloquet. The movie is noir meets Kafka meets French New Wave meets Warren Beatty. If you are drawn to the visual aspects of noir, you will probably want to see this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kingrat said:

Monday evening includes Mickey One (1965), which is much too arty for its own good and weak on story, but with outstanding noir cinematography by Ghislain Cloquet. The movie is noir meets Kafka meets French New Wave meets Warren Beatty. If you are drawn to the visual aspects of noir, you will probably want to see this.

This is a very odd film,   but worth seeing for the visuals as well as the jazz music score of Eddie Sauter and played by Stan Getz.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE PHENIX CITY STORY TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 02:00 PM (ET)

CAPE FEAR TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 06:00 PM (ET) 

*Noir Alley*  THE SIGN OF THE RAM SATURDAY, JULY 4 @ 12:45 AM 

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN SUNDAY, JULY 5 @ 06:00 PM (ET)

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

THE PHENIX CITY STORY TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 02:00 PM (ET)

CAPE FEAR TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 06:00 PM (ET) 

*Noir Alley*  THE SIGN OF THE RAM SATURDAY, JULY 4 @ 12:45 AM 

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN SUNDAY, JULY 5 @ 06:00 PM (ET)

 

The Phenix City Story is different from most in that it is based on truth (mostly). Even into the late 50's, Phenix City, AL was known as a city of sin.  It is across the river from Columbus, GA, home of Ft. Benning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...