Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

Noir Alert

On 5/13/2020 at 6:52 PM, Hoganman1 said:

Why would they show the same movie within four days? 

Because the rental dictates broadcasting a certain number of times within a dictated time period.

Well tomorrow is Thursday and the MOVIES network usually shows film noir features all day. I usually record them as they break for commercials quite frequently.  I have not checked the line-up yet, but many are repeats from previous weeks. Still, I enjoy viewing most of them. I'm still pretty new to this genre even though I'm seventy and have seen some of the more famous noirs.  I do miss that they don't have the normal TCM lead-ins, but I'll take whatever I can get these days. The last few months have made us all alter our routines.   My whole life revolves around golf, yard work and movies now.  It's been raining here in Charlotte for two days so the first two are temporarily gone. If my cable goes out I might turn into Howard Beale from NETWORK.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

Well tomorrow is Thursday and the MOVIES network usually shows film noir features all day. I usually record them as they break for commercials quite frequently.  I have not checked the line-up yet, but many are repeats from previous weeks. Still, I enjoy viewing most of them. I'm still pretty new to this genre even though I'm seventy and have seen some of the more famous noirs.  I do miss that they don't have the normal TCM lead-ins, but I'll take whatever I can get these days. The last few months have made us all alter our routines.   My whole life revolves around golf, yard work and movies now.  It's been raining here in Charlotte for two days so the first two are temporarily gone. If my cable goes out I might turn into Howard Beale from NETWORK.

Yea,  most of them I have seen,  but I'll be watching The Man I Love with Ida Lupino and my gal Martha Vickers.   (10 PM PDT).

lwOxm-1587494398-2780-movie-ManILove_800x1187.png

Noir Alerts!

Noir Alley of course - CORNERED (1945) SATURDAY, MAY 23 @ 12:00 AM (ET)  & Sunday at 10PM

Cornered Poster

TOO LATE FOR TEARS (1949) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 11:30 AM (ET)

2945477.jpg

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW(1944) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 10:00 PM (ET)

The Woman in the Window Poster

SCARLET STREET(1945) THURSDAY, MAY 28 @ 11:45 PM (ET)

Scarlet Street

PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET(1953)  FRIDAY, MAY 29 @ 08:00 PM (ET)

592375.jpg

NIAGARA(1953)  FRIDAY, MAY 29 @ 11:30 PM (ET) Repeated

Niagara Poster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to seeing SCARLET STREET. I think I've seen it before but don't remember much about it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the movies.  I've seen both Woman in the Window and Scarlet Street (great performance by all three leads) numerous times.  I'm not sure I've seen Cornered but Pickup on South Street is a very good movie (especially Thelma Ritter's performance).

• Like 1

DEEP VALLEY (1947) - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 @ 04:00 PM (ET) Never seen it but its on some Noir lists.

Deep Valley Poster

8 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

DEEP VALLEY (1947) - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3 @ 04:00 PM (ET) Never seen it but its on some Noir lists.

Deep Valley Poster

Very good film. Saw it for the first time a few years back.

• Like 1

Lean week for Films Noir

WOMAN ON THE RUN TUESDAY, JUNE 9 @ 12:30 AM (ET) 

2941263.jpg

(Noir Alley) GUN CRAZY SATURDAY, JUNE 13 @ 01:30 PM (ET)

Gun Crazy Poster

Monday evening includes Mickey One (1965), which is much too arty for its own good and weak on story, but with outstanding noir cinematography by Ghislain Cloquet. The movie is noir meets Kafka meets French New Wave meets Warren Beatty. If you are drawn to the visual aspects of noir, you will probably want to see this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kingrat said:

Monday evening includes Mickey One (1965), which is much too arty for its own good and weak on story, but with outstanding noir cinematography by Ghislain Cloquet. The movie is noir meets Kafka meets French New Wave meets Warren Beatty. If you are drawn to the visual aspects of noir, you will probably want to see this.

This is a very odd film,   but worth seeing for the visuals as well as the jazz music score of Eddie Sauter and played by Stan Getz.

• Like 1

THE PHENIX CITY STORY TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 02:00 PM (ET)

CAPE FEAR TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 06:00 PM (ET) 

*Noir Alley*  THE SIGN OF THE RAM SATURDAY, JULY 4 @ 12:45 AM 

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN SUNDAY, JULY 5 @ 06:00 PM (ET)

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

THE PHENIX CITY STORY TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 02:00 PM (ET)

CAPE FEAR TUESDAY, JUNE 30 @ 06:00 PM (ET) 

*Noir Alley*  THE SIGN OF THE RAM SATURDAY, JULY 4 @ 12:45 AM 

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN SUNDAY, JULY 5 @ 06:00 PM (ET)

The Phenix City Story is different from most in that it is based on truth (mostly). Even into the late 50's, Phenix City, AL was known as a city of sin.  It is across the river from Columbus, GA, home of Ft. Benning.

• Like 1