Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner Bros. just doesn''t do DVDs anymore. Other than a cheap burn job in the Warner Archive the best you can hope for is that Criterion would pick up some of her films. WB has been licensing quite a few of their films to be put out by Criterion, but it is pricey.

• 1 year later...

I've always had a place for Jean Harlow in my gallery of classic movie stars, and it saddens me that her movies haven't been given a greater representation on physical media. The 7-DVD set they did for her 100th birthday back in 2011 looked pretty, but the quality of some of the movies was disappointing. The box was quite flimsy, too. I did like that the set came with 4x6 photos of her, which I quickly tossed into a photo album to preserve them longer. I've often wished somebody would get off their rocker and put out a Jean Harlow/Clark Gable collection. They made a total of six movies together, and all of them -- save maybe THE SECRET SIX -- are worthy of some cleaning up and possibly a Blu-ray release. 

But evidently the head-honchos don't Harlow would be a big enough seller. 

• Sad 1