Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jean Harlow and Tyrone Power

Please give consideration to Jean Harlow and Tyrone Power for a film festival. These two were number 1 idols and box office draws in their heyday. Their body of work is impressive and often overlooked in my opinion.

They were prime examples of what is was to be professional in their work ethic, as well as the glamorous and brilliant Hollywood Star!

Thank you! R Rich   

5 minutes ago, R Rich said:

Please give consideration to Jean Harlow and Tyrone Power for a film festival. These two were number 1 idols and box office draws in their heyday. Their body of work is impressive and often overlooked in my opinion.

They were prime examples of what is was to be professional in their work ethic, as well as the glamorous and brilliant Hollywood Star!

Thank you! R Rich   

Harlow's not overlooked by TCM. She's been Star of the Month and had countless birthday tributes. Plus her stuff gets included in precode retrospectives.

But I agree that Tyrone Power deserves to be honored. However, most of his work occurred at Fox, and TCM would have to lease the titles from Fox/Disney since they are outside the Turner Library of films. That would cost a pretty penny!

42 minutes ago, Terri Williams Palos said:

Both have been part of SUTS.  Harlow in 2004 & 2016.  Power's work has been featured but once.  And that was in 2012!  Definitely more familiar with Harlow and her work.  Power would be another Artist I would be eager to explore....😉

Thanks. I forgot that Tyrone Power had a SUTS day. But if he were to become Star of the Month, they'd obviously have to lease more of those Fox titles.

The only Fox star they've done this for is Shirley Temple, but that's because they only needed to fill two nights with her early Fox work. Her later teenage stuff at MGM, UA and RKO is in the Turner Library. So the second half of the month didn't cost them anything.

• Like 1