Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cigarjoe

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)

Some great lines, sleazy music and and visuals in this one

Adele Lamont: I trusted a man once.  All the way!

• Like 2

I love The Brain That Wouldn't Die! It has great music.  It's such an absurd film.

***SPOILERS (maybe?)***

I love when the lead character goes to the strip club to look for a new body for his girlfriend.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I love when the lead character goes to the strip club to look for a new body for his girlfriend.

Surely illustrates the term objectifying a woman for her body.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Imagine her, unloading her frustration on a friend, saying..., "He only loves me for HER body!"  :wacko:

Sepiatone

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Imagine her, unloading her frustration on a friend, saying..., "He only loves me for HER body!"  :wacko:

Sepiatone

Now that is one of the funnies lines I have seen at this forum in months. 

Thanks!   

I love  THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE! 

SPOILER ALERT:

My favorite part is where the creature in the closet tears off the assistant's good arm and the assistant's loooong death scene as he smears blood all over the place!

This scene has to be seen to be believed.

• Like 4

I requested this as part of Eddie Muller’s idea for a double feature for TCM Underground.  So let’s see if this double feature happens on TCM Underground ha.

you could probably make an excellent real life noir about the ultimate fate of the Producer of THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE as I seem to recall it, either he or the Director was killed by the mob for not paying back a loan.

tried to wiki the story but coulnd't...i hope i am not remembering wrong...did i read it in PSYCHOTRONIC ENCYCLOPEDIA?

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

you could probably make an excellent real life noir about the ultimate fate of the Producer of THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE as I seem to recall it, either he or the Director was killed by the mob for not paying back a loan.

tried to wiki the story but coulnd't...i hope i am not remembering wrong...did i read it in PSYCHOTRONIC ENCYCLOPEDIA?

If you mean Producer Rex Carlton,  he shot himself while in his bathtub.  He left a note.  Sounds too sanitary to be a mob hit. A torpedo would have used an ice pick ... at least, that's what my family says.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think Dargo likes this flick for the poignant facts  and tight dresses. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

I think Dargo likes this flick for the poignant facts  and tight dresses. 

Personally I like the bizarre "body shopping" sequences, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:50 PM, HoldenIsHere said:

SPOILER ALERT:

My favorite part is where the creature in the closet tears off the assistant's good arm and the assistant's loooong death scene as he smears blood all over the place!

Videohound's Horror Show has a great description of The Brain that Wouldn't Die and that scene in particular:

"After a painfully slow, uneventful introduction and an off-camera car crash, a mad scientist keeps his decapitated fiancee Janey's head alive on a tray in his lab. He tenderly advises the noggin, 'Sleep, my darling, rest and grow stronger,' and then  sets out to strip clubs and modeling agencies to find a suitable body for reattachment. Yes, this mad scientist is also a lounge lizard! Janey, meanwhile, has gone a little nutso -- and who could blame her? -- psychically contacting the creature who lives in the lab closet. But the film really belongs to Leslie Daniel as the henchman Kurt. He and Janey engage in such long philosophical conversations, you'd think they're Vladimir and Estragon waiting for Godot, not the closet creature.  None of that -- bizarre though it is -- can prepare the viewer for Kurt's death. It is a full 2 minutes and 45 seconds of rabid, unfettered scenery chewing which must be seen to be appreciated."

On 6/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, David Guercio said:

I requested this as part of Eddie Muller’s idea for a double feature for TCM Underground.  So let’s see if this double feature happens on TCM Underground ha.

I just saw JAN IN THE PAN at TCM... in the afternoon!!!   Definitely a favorite BAD movie.  

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 4:56 PM, scsu1975 said:

If you mean Producer Rex Carlton,  he shot himself while in his bathtub.  He left a note.  Sounds too sanitary to be a mob hit. A torpedo would have used an ice pick ... at least, that's what my family says.

LOL

Btw, this reminds me here, Rich. The next time you see your Uncle Vito, say hello for me.

;)

9 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Btw, this reminds me here, Rich. The next time you see your Uncle Vito, say hello for me.

;)

Sorry, he's not around anymore. Ran into an  ice pick.

• Haha 2

On 5/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, speedracer5 said:

I love The Brain That Wouldn't Die! It has great music.  It's such an absurd film.

***SPOILERS (maybe?)***

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new girlfriend at the strip club?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomJH said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a new girlfriend at the strip club?

Yeah, but then the movie would be over in 10 minutes.

5 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

Sorry, he's not around anymore. Ran into an  ice pick.

Uh-huh, and I'll bet as that old joke goes..."repeatedly".

Which thriller had Ray Milland & Rosie Grier?& there was even a cheaper one on tv all the time, know both?

18 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Yeah, but then the movie would be over in 10 minutes.

the-brain-that-wouldnt-die-4.png?w=700

"So do you like me, honey? Do you really like me?"

"Everything except your head. . . . Err, no, I mean, do you want to see my collection of chain saws?"

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, spence said:

Which thriller had Ray Milland & Rosie Grier?& there was even a cheaper one on tv all the time, know both?

The Thing With Two Heads

The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant

On 5/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, speedracer5 said:

***SPOILERS (maybe?)***

And the B-tchfight that ensues...LOL.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:50 PM, HoldenIsHere said:

SPOILER ALERT:

Yeah, the uncensored version especially....He deserved it for his awful acting and phony looking injured hand.

8 hours ago, scsu1975 said:

The Thing With Two Heads

The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant

I keep wishing TCM  would show this film on Underground. Hilariously bad!