Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I just did a Google search for "Where can I watch Leave It to Beaver?" and got this answer: "Leave It to Beaver is not scheduled to air on TV in the next 14 days. Put it on a watchlist, and you will be informed of its next airing."

It's on Me-TV every weekday morning.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

It's on MeTV every morning at 8:00 and 8:30AM Mon to Fri.

Thanks. I do get that.

• Like 1

I think that if Larry's dad hadn't always been on all those business trips he might have turned out

better. I've heard about four of five different reasons why Rusty Stevens left the show, so who

knows. Larry was certainly a better friend than Gilbert Bates. I always liked the episode where

Larry and Beaver wanted to go to the carnival but didn't have any money. Larry took his mother's

pin money and threw it out on the lawn. Then when Beaver came over Larry started to pick it up

and told Beav it must have fallen out of an airplane. Of course Larry had to eventually pay for his

little prank. FETV doesn't show Beaver so I don't think they will have a marathon, but we'll see.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Not so lucky for Stanley Fafara who played Whitey Whitney. He ended up going down the road to drugs. Too bad.

I actually got an email from him when he was confined to his apartment. whitey took the time to talk to me.

:D

Stanley Fafara - Whitey from Leave It To Beaver

• Like 2
6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Me and my dad love Leave It to Beaver. Sad to hear about Ken Osmond. To be perfectly honest, I used to have a crush on Wally. I think he's aged really well.

• Like 2

The following being just one of the things I learned while watching Leave It To Beaver:

"On account'a"

(...a replacement for the word "because")

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

The following being just one of the things I learned while watching Leave It To Beaver:

"On account'a"

The show's best contribution to the language: Giving someone "the business" (unmerciful teasing).

See the source image

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I always got a laugh out of Wally's use of hunk. A hunk of cake I can see, but a hunk of milk. Just

doesn't sound right. 

• Like 1

My favorite "Leave It to Beaver" episode was when their parents went away for the weekend and left Wally in charge of the Beav.

I love the part where Wally's cooking hamburgers and drops one on the floor and says that one's for Beaver.

But what really sold me on the episode as a kid was how Beaver ran the bathtub over. I was always running things over in the bathroom. I became Infamous for it and got into a lot of trouble on more than one occasion.

It was really cool to see a kid on TV who had the same problem as me. It made me feel as if I wasn't alone in this singular behavior.

Does anybody else remember that episode?

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

My favorite "Leave It to Beaver" episode was when their parents went away for the weekend and left Wally in charge of the Beav.

I love the part where Wally's cooking hamburgers and drops one on the floor and says that one's for Beaver.

But what really sold me on the episode as a kid was how Beaver ran the bathtub over. I was always running things over in the bathroom. I became Infamous for it and got into a lot of trouble on more than one occasion.

It was really cool to see a kid on TV who had the same problem as me. It made me feel as if I wasn't alone in this singular behavior.

Does anybody else remember that episode?

it's called I believe 'Beaver takes a bath'...

who serves peas with hamburgers on a roll?

:huh:

Beaver Takes a Bath (1959)
  • Thanks 1

In general I like the later episodes more than the earlier ones. The latter are sometimes kind of sappy,

though many are still funny. One of my favorites scenes was in an episode where Beaver buys an

accordion on the installment plan without telling his parents. When he can't pay, a man from the

company comes to the front door and talks with Ward. Ward keeps insisting no one ordered an

accordion and becomes quite heated on the subject. Just then an accordion comes loudly bouncing down

the stairs. Oh brother. 

• Like 1

I loved the episode where Wally wanted to wear his hair in the jelly roll style and June was absolutely beside herself. The music that plays each time Wally and his haircut is on screen was hilarious. I remember one particular scene with Ward trying to talk to Wally about his hair and Ward’s face during this scene was very funny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

it's called I believe 'Beaver takes a bath'...

who serves peas with hamburgers on a roll?

:huh:

Beaver Takes a Bath (1959)

My mother served mashed potatoes and peas with hamburgers for dinner.

Doesn't everybody?

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

In general I like the later episodes more than the earlier ones. The latter are sometimes kind of sappy,

though many are still funny. One of my favorites scenes was in an episode where Beaver buys an

accordion on the installment plan without telling his parents. When he can't pay, a man from the

company comes to the front door and talks with Ward. Ward keeps insisting no one ordered an

accordion and becomes quite heated on the subject. Just then an accordion comes loudly bouncing down

the stairs. Oh brother. 

ward...it's an accordion!

:lol:

7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Eddie talking beaver into sending away for the accordion.

:D

Leave It To Beaver - S04E13 - Beaver's Accordion - Dailymotion Video

Was Eddie behind it? I haven't seen that episode in a long time but it sounds like something Eddie

would do. When that accordion came crashing down the stairs. Hilarious.

• Like 1

There was the episode in which Eddie thought Wally was fooling around with his girlfriend, and his suspicions were dubiously "confirmed" in a "Silhouettes On The Shade" shot.  Turned out the girl was knitting a sweater for Eddie to give him for his birthday and was enjoining Wally as a model to help get the size right. 

One thing I realized, while watching all the reruns of the show, that while some of the situations were a bit contrived, the comedy still holds up as kids of any generation will do stupid and silly things not unlike those from previous generations did when they were kids.  And it wasn't just the changing faces(Eddie Haskell had two different actors during the run play his Father) but the changing roles....  For example....

In a few very early episodes, affable character actor EDGAR BUCHANAN  payed a guy called "Captain Jack" who ran an alligator exhibition farm in town.  In one episode, the boys bought an alligator  from Jack and try to keep it a secret from Ward and June( unsuccessfully of course)  and a couple or so seasons later, Edgar shows up in a few episodes as Beaver and Wally's UNCLE BILLY.  

Sepiatone

• Like 1
On 5/19/2020 at 9:30 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

Eddie was one of the funniest supporting characters in sitcom history. A unique character as well, I cannot recall any other like him. The show is one of the greatest sitcoms IMO, it has often been unfairly maligned as some boring, sentimental dated drivel. If you actually sit and watch the show, you will see that is just FUNNY! The situations and dialogue are laugh out loud at times. It gets some of the messages and lessons in there, but when it seems to get preachy, Wally or Beaver come up with line that makes you laugh again. 

I grew up disliking the show; about 20 years ago, I watched all of them... over and over.  There is a genuine heart at the center of LITBEAVER

On 5/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, Dargo said:

"On account'a"

Is that unusual?  I say it alla time.

• Haha 1

I have to say that Larry is indeed my fave Beave friend. Beaver's Dance episode has them going to dance class and hating it, of course.  They cut the class and end up riding a horse in their good clothes, etc, etc, etc. The conclusion of the episode has Larry and Beaver laying on Beaver's bed reflecting the wrong that they did, Larry chomping on his perpetual apple.  It's a charming scene, Rusty Stevens' eye winking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1