Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Top 5 Favorite Star Wars Moments From Original 3 Films

What are My top 5 Favorite Star Wars scenes from the first 3 films which would be A New Hope , Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. I am a big Star Wars fan and Sci Fiction films still gets me excited as it did when i was a kid. From Star Wars To Star Trek to Men In Black. But thats another story SciFi films.

5 Vader Finds An Empiral Officers Lack Of Faith Disturbing----A New Hope

4 Yoda Levitates Lukes X-Wing after it was  Stuck In The Swamp---Thats Why You Fail is a great masters line to any pupil who is about to loose there will to take on a task. -----The Empire Strikes Back

3 Han Solo Saves Luke From Vader So Luke Can Blow Up The Death Star---A New Hope

2 Vader Force Choking Emperial Officers All Through Empire. But killing a person while sitting down and promoting a person to his job is the ideal Boss to be feared on the job.

1 Vader Killing The Emperor in Return Of The Jedi is one of the best moments in cinema and It upset me that in Rise Of Skywalker we are not told this is just a clone and Vader did kill the Emperor.

The Empire Strikes Back is my fav Star Wars movie and my fav movie, so any scene would have to be my #1. (Blue text because that was Luke's lightsaber color.)

1. The scene where Han and friends are trying to escape the Empire!!!
  2. The opening scene of Return of the Jedi where Luke and friends save Han from Jabba the Hutt
  3.  The end battle between Luke and Vader in The Empire Strikes Back
  4. The forest chase scene on Endor from Return of the Jedi
  5. Han being my favorite character, I had to include his saving the day at the end of A New Hope

I have no time for the new movies. I tolerated the first one, even though they killed Han. :angry: The second one, well...

I'll just pretend they never happened and stay loyal to the originals.

I was the only boy in my school who wanted to grow up to be Han Solo and not Luke Skywalker. So, all my favorite moments probably have something to do with Han. I would say in addition to the moments listed above, my favorites would be:

1. Han shoots Greedo (first!).

2. Han and Leia kiss for the first time.

3. Han tries to BS his way through a Death Star emergency check ("We're all fine ... how are you?", immediately wincing at how ridiculous that sounded)

4. The fight scene aboard Jabba the Hutt's barge (which Han doesn't have a ton to do with, but he does kill Boba Fett by accident and helps rescue Lando).

5. Harrison Ford's improvised response to Leia's declaration of love ("I know.")

Runner-Ups would be pretty much any interaction between Luke and Han in the first movie ("Do you think a princess and a guy like me ...?" "No!"; or "Great work, kid! ... Don't get cocky!")

10 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

3. Han tries to BS his way through a Death Star emergency check ("We're all fine ... how are you?", immediately wincing at how ridiculous that sounded)

That was my choice, and the "Hey, that worked!" look on Chewie's face when he scares away the robot "mouse" in the Death Star corridor.

And the late 70's NEEDED that ending Medal scene.  You wanna talk about what part of SW changed our Carter-era culture?   😁🏅

10 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Runner-Ups would be pretty much any interaction between Luke and Han in the first movie ("Do you think a princess and a guy like me ...?" "No!"; or "Great work, kid! ... Don't get cocky!")

Leia:  "Your friend is quite a mercenary.  I wonder if he cares about anything...Or anyone."

Luke:  "....I care!"

I also remember one Oscar host segment, where the presenters for Best Original Score asked us to imagine Empire's asteroid scene without John Williams' music...Put it on mute, and see what they meant.

(And I assume this is being posted in honor of Real Star Wars Day, May 25th, while the little kiddies play with their cute-joke holiday?

I don't  remember watching  any more than the  original and the first sequel.  So its hard to relate to, so I'll take your words for them.

1. The opening scene of "Star Wars: Episode 4 -- A New Hope" (1977) from beneath Darth Vader's Imperial Destroyer as it chases the starship containing Princess Leia and the stolen Death Star plans. Mel Brooks lampooned the shot (seemingly forever) in his 1987 movie parody "Spaceballs."

See the source image

2. The Millennium Falcon's jump to hyperspace in "A New Hope." I can still remember the awestruck audience's reaction the first time I saw the film at a theater.

See the source image

3. Darth Vader's surprise revelation to Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: Episode 5 -- The Empire Strikes Back" (1980). I didn't find out about it while watching the movie. I was in line for the second showing of the picture on the day of its release. As the crowd from the first showing exited the theater, a little kid yelled out, "Hey, everybody! Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!" If the brat had been strangled to death by someone on queue, no jury in the world would have convicted him.

See the source image

4. Han Solo's coolest line was delivered in "The Empire Strikes Back" as he was moments away from being encased in carbonite. One of many reasons why the character was missed during the three "Star Wars" prequels.

See the source image

5. In "A New Hope," Luke was a callow farmboy who could only dream of places far away from the desert planet Tatooine. His adventures led to his becoming a student of the Jedi Master Yoda on the swamp planet Dagobah in "The Empire Strikes Back." By the time we saw him again on Tatooine in "Star Wars: Episode VI -- Return of the Jedi" (1983), it was clear that Luke had evolved into a full-fledged, supremely confident Jedi Knight.

See the source image

So;  ANOTHER arbitrary number......

So....  Are you asking for 5 from each movie?  Or 5 total from the three? 

Well (1) the barroom scene in the 1st film was fine.  along(2) with the scene of the compressing garbage room, and when R2D2 finally gets the walls to reverse and recede, the screams of joy form Han, Luke and Leia are mistaken by C3PO as cries of agony from being crushed to death.

(3) In THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, when Vader reveals HE is Luke's Father  and

(4) in RETURN OF THE JEDI, seeing Leia( Carrie Fisher) in that skimpy outfit while captive in JABBA THE HUT's court, and then (5) The Emperor getting his due.

Bt you know, this took some effort as I (as I do with most movies) took these films in as a whole and found them all just long streams of favorite moments.  

Sepiatone

I only watched the first three films in the series, seeing the first one at the show when it originally came out. That was enough for me.

I don't really have any favourite scenes in them though I did have a sense of relief when the words "The End" appeared.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

So....  Are you asking for 5 from each movie?  Or 5 total from the three? 

The OP listed only five moments, culled from all three movies.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

3. Darth Vader's surprise revelation to Luke Skywalker in "Star Wars: Episode 5 -- The Empire Strikes Back" (1980). I didn't find out about it while watching the movie. I was in line for the second showing of the picture on the day of its release. As the crowd from the first showing exited the theater, a little kid yelled out, "Hey, everybody! Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!" If the brat had been strangled to death by someone on queue, no jury in the world would have convicted him.

I was in that first-release audience, and oh, how I love to tell the kids:  The moment we got the revelation, everyone in the audience thought..."Don't be a freakin' IDIOT, Luke, what did you think he would tell you??"

(Which may have prompted the Mel Brooks "Spaceballs" joke:  "Evil will always triumph because Good is so stupid!!")

Even James Earl Jones, who got the first  non-decoy script with the correct line, claims he thought, "Aha, what will happen when Luke falls for this ploy?"

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

4. Han Solo's coolest line was delivered in "The Empire Strikes Back" as he was moments away from being encased in carbonite. One of many reasons why the character was missed during the three "Star Wars" prequels.

One of the others being screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, who always knew how to write Han Solo dialogue, for both Empire and Jedi.  (And Indiana Jones.)

And why The Force Awakens was the only tolerable good one of the New films.  Solo: a SW Story, OTOH, was doomed from the start.

• Haha 1

The scene where Lando walks Hans and other others around Cloud city, (beautifully designed by the way) explaining the risk of Imperial control and opening the door to reveal Vader's presence

The scene where Han and the others realize that they are not in an asteroid, but in the giant monster who lives inside it.

The scene just after Obi-wan Kenobi is killed and Luke sees it from a distance, and for once the Williams score has a genuine emotional weight.

Tarkin: Enough of this. Vader, release him!
Vader: As you wish. [drops his hand and Motti's head hits the table as he regains his breath]
Leia: Governor Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.
Tarkin: Charming to the last.  (Cushing is really the most underestimated player here.)

11 hours ago, skimpole said:

Leia: Governor Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Tarkin: Charming to the last.  (Cushing is really the most underestimated player here.)

Peter Cushing recalled that young Carrie Fisher was so cute on the set, he struggled to keep from cracking into a smile whenever he had to play a scene with her.  That was the first time I found out what I'd always thought was that little sinister Cushing-style half-crack of a smile before "Charming to the last" wasn't intentional.    😄

And how did we get through an entire SW thread without another poster's entry for Greatest Classic-Movie Entrances of All Time?:

• Like 1