Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BAD MOVIE ALERT!!! - THE LEGEND OF LYLAH CLARE

Just now, Hibi said:

He's still on Days. I've been trying to watch it during my time off, but the show is so off the wall now, it's pathetic. I can't imagine it will be on much longer. The only reason I'm watching it now is for Xander. That actor is SO HOT!!! And that sexy voice and accent!

Xander is most definitely hot.

My Mom once told me she caught "the funniest movie ever" but had no idea what it was. She rattled off some of the stars, I looked up that day's TV schedule and was surprised to find it was SOAPDISH. She also LOL when she caught SPACEBALLS but had never seen STAR WARS.

Obviously some parodies can be fully enjoyed even if you don't know what they're parody-ing.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, kingrat said:

So glad to discover so many SOAPDISH fans. Lots of good taste on this thread. Cathy Moriarty's possible Oscar bid was probably compromised by the fact that Harvey Fierstein dubbed her lines. Great lines, great line readings.

tenor.gif?itemid=12741635

• Haha 1

There was a brief movement afoot a while back to deem SOAPDISH transphobic.

In all honesty, maybe it is.

But like the "Black Chicken" scene in LOVE AT FIRST BITE, maybe some day I will stop convulsing with laughter for long enough to get offended.

I also note that if I had one single iota of musical talent, I would have written SOAPDISH: THE MUSICAL, which would have included the numbers: ON THIS NIGHT OF A THOUSAND SOAP OPERA STARS; STAGE 9 IS A HOT SET, and NO TURBANS FOR MISS TALBERT!

ETA- THE LATIN-THEMED SCORE of the movie is FANTASTIC BTW. Wish they had had a SCORING OF A COMEDY OR MUSICAL category back then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, kingrat said:

There is so much to love for soap fans in SOAPDISH. Though I haven't seem the film in a long time, I remember thinking that The Young and the Restless may have been the soap giving most inspiration to the movie. But it worked both ways because there's a scene in SOAPDISH where someone mentions "the scene where Blade shoots the Contessa." Not long after that Y&R actually introduced a character named Blade! Played by Michael Tylo, I think.

There's also a scene in the movie where we see a naked rear view of Stephen Nichols, "Patch" on Days of Our Lives. Patch was always too macho for my tastes--I remember a female co-worker of mine who had a major crush on him--but I saw an episode of Days several months ago where Patch had been possessed by the spirit of the evil Stefano DiMera, or had been implanted with his memories (happens all the time!) and Patch was simply a hoot.

I LOVE THE LINE ABOUT "WHEN BLADE SHOOTS THE COUNTESSA."

STEPHEN "PATCH" NICHOLS was  on the DANSE DIABOLIQUE episode of MURDER SHE WROTE (about the ballet with the DEADLY SKULL PROP) that is [possibly] THE CAMPIEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES and his performance is really something to behold.

3 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I LOVE THE LINE ABOUT "WHEN BLADE SHOOTS THE COUNTESSA."

STEPHEN "PATCH" NICHOLS was  on the DANSE DIABOLIQUE episode of MURDER SHE WROTE (about the ballet with the DEADLY SKULL PROP) that is [possibly] THE CAMPIEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES and his performance is really something to behold.

I'll have to look for that. Since I don't have to get up early I'm watching selected Murder, She Wrote reruns on Hallmark at night. He still looks good. Honestly, I could listen to Xander, with that sonoric voice, recite the phone book and be happy.

44 minutes ago, Hibi said:

I'll have to look for that. Since I don't have to get up early I'm watching selected Murder, She Wrote reruns on Hallmark at night. He still looks good. Honestly, I could listen to Xander, with that sonoric voice, recite the phone book and be happy.

I checked DAILYMOTION, which is where I saw it (the DANSE DIABOLIQUE episode of MsW) BUT ITS NOT THERE ANYMORE. Also seasons 1-5 are not on AMAZON PRIME anymore!

i miss them!

Maybe Hallmark can do a 'hybrid movie' featuring elements of MURDER, SHE WROTE and a Christmas presentation.  Some unfortunate cast member (i.e. 'the victim') gets a strand of cheery, blinking Xmas lights stuck in their guts and Jessica Fletcher has to find out who did the dastardly deed and why!  Could be fun. 

OR NOT.  :P

36 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Maybe Hallmark can do a 'hybrid movie' featuring elements of MURDER, SHE WROTE and a Christmas presentation.  Some unfortunate cast member (i.e. 'the victim') gets a strand of cheery, blinking Xmas lights stuck in their guts and Jessica Fletcher has to find out who did the dastardly deed and why!  Could be fun. 

OR NOT.  :P

(I am not ashamed to know this)

There actually is a Christmas episode of “murder she wrote” set during the Cabot Cove Christmas pageant and it is one of the very few, possibly only, episodes  where there is no murder- The victim recovers.

6 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12741635

"I get these letters. LOOK  AT THESE! "Celeste Talbert is a menopausal hag, let's see more of Monthana Moorehead."" Sees worker looking at her incredulously. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?!" Resumes talking to Robert Downey Jr. "Maria Rendozi, Fort Lee, New Jersey. Fort Lee, that's your audience OK? That's the heartland."

55 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

"I get these letters. LOOK  AT THESE! "Celeste Talbert is a menopausal hag, let's see more of Monthana Moorehead."" Sees worker looking at her incredulously. "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!?!" Resumes talking to Robert Downey Jr. "Maria Rendozi, Fort Lee, New Jersey. Fort Lee, that's your audience OK? That's the heartland."

i wonder why CATHY MORIARTY isn't on the SOAP DISH poster? Wonder if TERI HATCHER pulled some strings to be included instead. It's a shame that CATHY MORIARTY didn't work more, she was in a TALES FROM THE CYPT noir-like episode not too long after this...

i don't really care for ROBERT DOWNEY JR, although I think he's very good in this movie, he is REALLY CUTE on this poster tho!!!!

OIP.425O4t70PXDAJzaATt8OswHaK-?pid=Api&r

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i wonder why CATHY MORIARTY isn't on the SOAP DISH poster? Wonder if TERI HATCHER pulled some strings to be included instead. It's a shame that CATHY MORIARTY didn't work more, she was in a TALES FROM THE CYPT noir-like episode not too long after this...

I'm not quite certain. She had small roles in some other comedies in the early 90s, but given her Oscar nod for Raging Bull and her Soapdish performance, you would have thought that bigger things would have come calling. And it is bizarre that she was not on the poster given the prominance of her role, much larger than Teri Hatcher's.... but then again on the poster, Elisabeth Shue, another pivotal player in the film, was the only one of the main six performers to be listed under the film's title, kind of buried. And Shue was barely seen in the trailer as well.

Maybe they thought Teri Hatcher's bewbs would entice the straight male crowd to see a movie that looked very chick-flicky. 

Full disclosure: I saw Soapdish in the theater. It was during a time when I saw virtually everything that came to my local 4 (now 6)-screen cinema.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Maybe they thought Teri Hatcher's bewbs would entice the straight male crowd to see a movie that looked very chick-flicky. 

Full disclosure: I saw Soapdish in the theater. It was during a time when I saw virtually everything that came to my local 4 (now 6)-screen cinema.

Welcome back! :) You've been missed around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Damn you missed out. 
tents and s’mores could not make this episode any more CAMP.

I know I've seen it, I'll look for it again. Is that the one with Marisa Berenson?

I had to double check the post times to make sure this wasn't a revived thread from six years ago, like I occasionally do a double take when I see Fred C. Dobbs suddenly apparently posting on something. Welcome back, Lawrence!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

AS A 43 YEAR OLD PRIMA BALLERINA, YES!!!!

LOL. Yeah, it was just on a few wks ago. I'll look for it next round....

SORT OF OFF TOPIC AND YET SORT OF ON TOPIC-

With the whole pandemic thing going on, I don't feel right getting a haircut and even though I am a 42 year old man, I actually have a very full head of hair (thank you Jesus), but the thing is, i think by the end of the summer my hair is going to look EXACTLY, AND I MEAN EXACTLY LIKE THIS (SAME COLOR TOO):

screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-23-27-05.png?r[from THE POSSESSION OF JOEL DELANEY]

and if PERRY KING can't make THIS 'DO work, HONEY YOU KNOW I CAN'T.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

SORT OF OFF TOPIC AND YET SORT OF ON TOPIC-

With the whole pandemic thing going on, I don't feel right getting a haircut and even though I am a 42 year old man, I actually have a very full head of hair (thank you Jesus), but the thing is, i think by the end of the summer my hair is going to look EXACTLY, AND I MEAN EXACTLY LIKE THIS (SAME COLOR TOO):

screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-23-27-05.png?r[from THE POSSESSION OF JOEL DELANEY]

and if PERRY KING can't make THIS 'DO work, HONEY YOU KNOW I CAN'T.

LOL! Ah, Perry! I couldnt take it anymore and got my hair cut a week after they opened here. I wore a mask and so did she. I looked so awful, I couldnt take people seeing me anymore, even strangers!

• Haha 1

You've got a get a haircut eventually, Lorna.  May as well do it more sooner than later.   I got a haircut 2 weeks ago because it was starting to aggravate me.  I'm glad I have a full head of hair, but I didn't want to let it grow too long.