Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Larry Kramer, author of The Normal Heart, dies at 84

17 hours ago, Walter L. said:

...A non-AIDS, non-gayness-referencing movie credit of his was the screenplay for the e l floppo " Liv Ullman Sings " 1970s remake of LOST HORIZON!

All the more credit to him as a long lasting survivor of two DIRE crisises for humanity.

• Like 1

He said the investments he made from the salary he got for the film set him up financially for life and allowed him to write works like The Normal Heart and others and not worry about them making money. So a means to an end.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

All the more credit to him as a long lasting survivor of two DIRE crisises for humanity.

Rachel Maddow ( I know...trigger word in certain quarters) said last night that he'd been at work on a play about the current epidemic. Ironically, of course, many of the ones in the highest risk group for corona virus are of the same generation who were in their prime at the time of the onset of AIDS. I'm curious about whether or not  he may have been making that connection, though the mishandling of the current epidemic can certainly stand on its own as subject matter. Rest In Peace, Larry Kramer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DougieB said:

Rachel Maddow ( I know...trigger word in certain quarters) said last night that he'd been at work on a play about the current epidemic. Ironically, of course, many of the ones in the highest risk group for corona virus are of the same generation who were in their prime at the time of the onset of AIDS. I'm curious about whether or not  he may have been making that connection, though the mishandling of the current epidemic can certainly stand on its own as subject matter. Rest In Peace, Larry Kramer.

Not a trigger, (or on topic) but...

The only two women on earth who can take HALF AN HOUR to tell you something that should by all rights take about 88 SECONDS to say are my mother and RachelMaddow. 

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

...Yes, I knew that, but I decided to keep my post short. You could say that my quotation marks acknowledge that and anyway her character opens her mouth and music comes out of it!