Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

May have asked this, but new viewers & info coming in all th time so....

When your local movie theater reopens????  what new releases do any of you most hope to see?

THANK YOU

still closed down here in FL

maxresdefault.jpg

I still prefer my action films on the big screen.

• Like 1

I hear that Christopher Nolan is determined to release his new film Tenet to theaters in July.  I often find his films a bit insufferably pretentious and deliberately obfuscating of traditional narrative in ways that seem to please him immensely but are of little value to me. Having said that, there's usually something pretty interesting going on his films, so I will probably go see it, if the theaters around here ever actually do reopen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was looking forward to seeing THE PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD in a theater, which was to be released on May 8th. Info now says the film has been delayed  indefinitely due to COVID-19.

Edited by sagebrush
I incorrectly called the film "The Personal Life Of David Copperfield."

thanks to all and hope fans keep adding stuff here

On 5/28/2020 at 5:35 AM, sagebrush said:

I was looking forward to seeing THE PERSONAL LIFE OF DAVID COPPERFIELD in a theater, which was to be released on May 8th. Info now says the film has been delayed  indefinitely due to COVID-19.

scooped me on this film?

they are actually rebuilding lots of screening rooms, anyone else hear this

So, if you haven't read this thread before, it's NEW TO YOU!  😄

On 5/28/2020 at 6:33 AM, Polly of the Precodes said:

I know that feeling.

I also know the feeling I get watching Marvel's Black Widow and Warner's Wonder Woman 1984 trailers:   😞
Widow seems to double and triple-down on "Captain Marvel"'s Lifetime-Network female audience, taking the print-comic plot of Natasha's old training-rival Yelena Belova, and turning it into so much of a "Sister-bonding" story, you expect Widow to sing "Let It Go".

WW84, OTOH, from the trailers, doesn't seem to know what about its "Period 80's setting" to show us except the occasional "Oo, look:  A shopping mall!"--Apparently, the story is trying to homage the late 70's/early-80's phase of the comic, when the writers wanted to make Diana "liberated", threw her out of the Justice League, had her dress in trendy track suits and That-Girl polyester instead of Amazon armor,  and take up learning martial arts...If you don't remember that, Gloria Steinem was pretty ticked off about that version, too.  I can make absolutely no head or tail out of the "World-domination motivational speaker" plot the early trailers are selling, since they don't have enough footage yet of Kirsten Wiig as WW's enemy, the Cheetah.  (And why wacky female-humor sitcom star Wiig?  Got me...Although we also seem to be getting an another nerdy zero-to-villain plot, where Wiig's character is an old friend of Diana's, and jealous of her career empowerment.  Yes, folks, this is what women see when they try to read comic books.)

I will admit, however, to being curious about Artemis Fowl being busted down to Disney+, since I couldn't really see that one playing theaters.

Movie theaters haven't completely opened here but last weekend the drive-in theatre close to me opened, to a limited capacity,  and I'm seriously thinking about going there instead of a regular theatre. Right now they are only showing 3 films, Jaws is actually one of them. If they decide to show more classic movies, I'll definitely be going.  I've been waiting since I saw the trailer to see Wonder Woman 1984 and I kinda want to see this new/last installment of James Bond. Since this outbreak hit that's the one thing I've missed going to the movies, I can do without restaurants and shopping but not movies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebirdsfly said:

Movie theaters haven't completely opened here but last weekend the drive-in theatre close to me opened, to a limited capacity,  and I'm seriously thinking about going there instead of a regular theatre. Right now they are only showing 3 films, Jaws is actually one of them.

I wish there were more Drive-Ins still running. They're a load of fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spence said:

scooped me on this film?

3 hours ago, sagebrush said:

thanx

6 hours ago, bluebirdsfly said:

Movie theaters haven't completely opened here but last weekend the drive-in theatre close to me opened, to a limited capacity,  and I'm seriously thinking about going there instead of a regular theatre. Right now they are only showing 3 films, Jaws is actually one of them. If they decide to show more classic movies, I'll definitely be going.  I've been waiting since I saw the trailer to see Wonder Woman 1984 and I kinda want to see this new/last installment of James Bond. Since this outbreak hit that's the one thing I've missed going to the movies, I can do without restaurants and shopping but not movies. 

LUCKY!

Birdfly, who's for fav BOND yet though?

On 5/29/2020 at 7:05 PM, spence said:

Birdfly, who's for fav BOND yet though?

Spence, I haven't watched enough Bond films to make a good impression. They are on my to watch list though! 

The theatre in the town where I live reopened today. Only one could really be called a brand new release, the animated film Trolls World Tour which went to streaming a few months back. The other four are Universal titles as well, one from the 2010s (Despicable Me), two from the 80s (ET and Back to the Future, both of which I love), and one from the 70s (Jaws). Admission is $1.

• Like 1

I got an email saying AMC (where for the last two years I've been an A-list member) plans to reopen 90% of its theaters by July 17. Whatever's playing if and when they reopen, I will probably go see.

The place by my home is going to be $5 all day, everyday.

Looks like the films I want to see start in August:

NewMutons.png

Antebellum-2020-Poster-2.jpg