Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coming Home, intro and exit commentary

I was delighted to see Coming Home listed as airing early Tuesday 5/26--but I found out late, and tuned in after the opening commentary; and then had the additional bad luck to fall asleep just short of the end.  I thought I would be able to catch the commentary later in the selection of on demand titles online, but no luck. 

Can anyone fill me in on what I missed in opening and closing commentary, and who was the host?

ALSO: I can't seem to find the movie anywhere online for rent or purchase; having seen it once after so long, would love to see it again! Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, RainbowGlow said:

I was delighted to see Coming Home listed as airing early Tuesday 5/26--but I found out late, and tuned in after the opening commentary; and then had the additional bad luck to fall asleep just short of the end.  I thought I would be able to catch the commentary later in the selection of on demand titles online, but no luck. 

Can anyone fill me in on what I missed in opening and closing commentary, and who was the host?

ALSO: I can't seem to find the movie anywhere online for rent or purchase; having seen it once after so long, would love to see it again! Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

Dave Karger hosted the presentation of this film the other night, RG.

As I recall his intro and outtro pretty much consisted of comments regarding the Oscar wins for the two principals Fonda and Voight and their preparation for their roles by visiting VA hospitals, that Jane Fonda who was one of the producers of it has been inspired to make it after having met Vietnam veteran and subsequent antiwar activist Ron Kovic at a rally, and that Jack Nicholson, Sylvester Stallone and Al Pacino had all turned down the Voight part.

(...and I think he also mentioned a little something about Bruce Dern and his part, but I can't remember what that might have been)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2