Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
speedracer5

American Masters: Mae West PBS June 16

A new American Masters episode about Mae West is debuting on PBS on June 16.  8/7 CST. 

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/mae-west-dirty-blonde-about/12370/

I'm looking forward to this.  I've only seen part of 1 of Mae's films-- but she's very interesting to me.   I wish she and Jean Harlow had made a film together where West played Harlow's mother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Seconded. She was a funny actress.

• Like 1

Wow-thanks for alerting us!

I disliked Mae West many years thinking she was a stupid floozy. Once I started actually seeing her films, I realized her humor was actually pretty good natured. Definitely a feminist. She played by men's rules and still prevailed. Now of course, I understand the brilliance of her writing & love her & her films.

She has quite a fascinating childhood that absolutely contributed to her eccentric personality. Should be an interesting Masters.

(some of you may recall I was locked in her mausoleum for private reverence/contemplation)

• Like 1

Long loved Mae.  You can bet I'll be perched in front of the tube that night.  ;) 

Sepiatone (who still calls it the "tube" although no tube is any longer involved in television screens.).

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 1:28 AM, speedracer5 said:

A new American Masters episode about Mae West is debuting on PBS on June 16.  8/7 CST. 

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/mae-west-dirty-blonde-about/12370/

I'm looking forward to this.  I've only seen part of 1 of Mae's films-- but she's very interesting to me.   I wish she and Jean Harlow had made a film together where West played Harlow's mother.

I don't think Mae West would have ever agreed to play Jean Harlow's mother. Maybe her older sister. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, midnight08 said:

I don't think Mae West would have ever agreed to play Jean Harlow's mother. Maybe her older sister. LOL.

Yeah, but with just an 18 year difference in ages( with Mae the elder) Mae for real WAS actually old enough to be Jean's Mother.  Sure, but still..... ;) 

Sepiatone

On 5/30/2020 at 10:10 AM, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone (who still calls it the "tube" although no tube is any longer involved in television screens.).

Speak for yourself! I'm still using  CRT set from 1989.

• Haha 1