Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

CA mayor on exodus from blue states: 'I can't blame them'

CA mayor on exodus from blue states: 'I can't blame them'

A mass exodus of hundreds of thousands of residents in blue states was to be expected because of their extremely high cost of living, Laguna Hills, Calif., Mayor Don Sedgwick said Tuesday.

Appearing on "Fox & Friends" with hosts Griff Jenkins and Dean Cain, Sedgwick said that "it's just too darn expensive" to live in densely populated states like California and New York.

"And, the Democrat liberal policies have contributed to that," he said.

Recent U.S. Census Bureau data shows the South is seeing its biggest surge ever, with over a million residents pouring into states like Texas, Florida and the Carolinas.

According to the Association of Realtors, the median price for a home in California is almost $600,000, while Texas stands at just over $200,000.

"The excess regulations and taxes have made the same home in California 40 percent more expensive to build here than it does in other states," Sedgwick told the "Friends" hosts. "So, you can't blame people for moving out."

Sedgwick said that while he knows the "number one job of the government is to keep us safe," the politicians in Sacramento – the state's capital – believe their number one job is to "stick it to corporations."

"But when they stick it to the corporations, they don't realize that they're sticking it to the consumer," he explained.

If you want to live with riots and unemployment, stay in the blue states.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rush Limbumburger: Trump is enjoying watching the flames.

The right is politicizing the riots and ignoring the underlying problem which is systemic racism in police forces everywhere.

• Like 1

This is balanced by all the people leaving the red states’ bigotry and intolerance.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Rush Limbumburger: Trump is enjoying watching the flames.

The right is politicizing the riots and ignoring the underlying problem which is systemic racism in police forces everywhere.

but the left cannot get away with using the issue of racial injustice to excuse and explain away mob violence...

and you wanna know why?...

because black americans scream just as loudly for the cops as white americans do when they are being attacked.

:P

10 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

but the left cannot get away with using the issue of racial injustice to excuse and explain away mob violence...

because black americans scream just as loudly for the cops as white americans do when they are being attacked.

Police brutality is a genuine and very serious problem but yeah, the mass rioting and unrest doesn't really show the cause in a good light.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

the left isn't getting away with anything here.  You are making damn sure of that by politicizing it.

California adopted a liberal policy of open borders that allowed anyone to come in from Mexico for years and that is why it is so over-populated. So yes Dargo, it was liberals that brought about your leaving the state, thanks for confirming this article for us!

• Like 1

Btw, how does it feel being hit with uncivil rhetoric like your boy Donny is so keen to do?

Oh wait, THAT'S right. Donny Boy isn't a nice guy 'cause as those dumba$$ed ads for his reelection I now see on my TV say, "Being Mr. Nice Guy doesn't cut it because it takes a Bull in the China Shop to straighten out Washington", huh. WHAT a freakin' joke!!!

(...SEE?!...THIS is why a freakin' President should be held to a higher standard...BOTH in actions AND words!)

OH, I see my previously posted uncivil rhetoric has now been sent to the cornfield by our illustrious moderator corps, EH?! Well, ain't THAT a damn shame, and 'cause there's nothin' I like better than to straighten out the ill-informed hicks of the world as to the FACTS of the issues at hand and by use of FIRSTHAND experience and by consequence firsthand knowledge of a subject whenever I visit this part of the TCM boards...and which is rare now days.

Many headlines like this one today:

Biden goes to meet protesters while Trump hides in the White House

13 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

the left isn't getting away with anything here.  You are making damn sure of that by politicizing it.

the left started politicizing it a week ago when it happened.

Re: CA mayor on exodus from blue states: 'I can't blame them'

Can see the exodus from big cities to far away rural areas.

Ahhh, peace and quite.

CwF2Ll_H7EKUMooaHoh1iQ