Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

President Trump, a man America can be proud of

I don't know if anyone has seen this article in The Atlantic about Trump's "masculinity."   Many references to classic film heroes of yesteryear, such as Wayne and Coop.  Their "strong silent types" did not spend their time boasting about their "greatness," mistreating women, and lying pathologically.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/donald-trump-the-most-unmanly-president/612031/

• Thanks 1

The Atlantic used to be a serious magazine once too, I heard.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:25 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Tom, I think people who support fascist leaders have a sense of being inferior themselves.

Their low self-esteem  forces them to live vicariously through a prototype strong man or strong woman dictator who

Has no respect for others,

Has no respect for democracy or civil liberties and

who can insult and punish people the way they wish they could,

if they had any guts.

no, I just like trump's unapologetic authoritarianism.

he's our palpatine.

:D

The Atlantic is still a pretty good magazine, though it tends to go overboard on some of its

cover stories--Is this the end of, Can we ever, What is wrong with, etc. 

7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

he's our palpatine.

Fake reality game show authoritarianism.  He can't even get that right.

He was better suited as the bombastic WWE presenter.  Perhaps that is the level of intelligence that is most appealing to you?

On 6/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Nipkow isn't a fake poster.     He post what he believes.    Unlike you where 99% of what you post are the comments of others.

Nipkow since you 'liked' my post here;    for the record,   99% what you post I do NOT believe;   I.e. I find it to be BS,  lies and odd-thinking-at-best,  BUT it is what you believe instead of posted tweets by other 24 \ 7 like some trolls around here.

• Like 1

I'm guessing those that post other's tweets and other internet blatherings feel they speak for them and better than they could have put it.  And THAT'S what's scary! :o

Sepiatone

13 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

he's our palpatine.

So, Nip, I can only conclude that you approve of Trump tear gassing American citizens exercising their first amendment rights with a peaceful protest in front of the White House. After all, just minutes after he did it you created this thread about his being "a man America can be proud of."

You WANT an authoritarian President undermining any institution that has been the hallmark of your nation since its inception if he figures it gets in his way, don't you? And we all know how Trump admires other authoritarian figures in the world. That doesn't make you pause in your admiration of him either, does it?

14 hours ago, rosebette said:

I don't know if anyone has seen this article in The Atlantic about Trump's "masculinity."   Many references to classic film heroes of yesteryear, such as Wayne and Coop.  Their "strong silent types" did not spend their time boasting about their "greatness," mistreating women, and lying pathologically.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/donald-trump-the-most-unmanly-president/612031/

Nor did they cry "victim" at the drop of a hat or refuse to take responsibility and point a figure at everyone else whenever something went wrong.

• Like 1