Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hamradio

Kristina Söderbaum, the Nazi Marilyn Monroe?

she reminds me a little of Ginger Rogers and Claire Trevor with a dash of penny singleton.

:)

042ca01260896eea6051380369604072.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hamradio said:

poh-a7a08a48_328.jpg

Saaay, isn't THIS where the "No, no, no"/"Yes, yes, yes" is out of synch in Singin' in the Rain ???

AND, I know for a FACT this Soderbaum dame(with or WITHOUT those two little dots above her name) isn't in THAT flick at all!

(...nope, you're not foolin' ME here, dude)

;)

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Saaay, isn't THIS where the "No, no, no"/"Yes, yes, yes" is out of synch in Singin' in the Rain ???

AND, I know for a FACT this Soderbaum dame(with or WITHOUT those two little dots above her name) isn't in THAT flick at all!

(...nope, you're not foolin' ME here, dude)

;)

That is a fictitious movie called "The Dueling  Cavalier " which seems to had been inspired by the real film "Monsieur Beaucaire" (1927).  The woman in the 1952 "Singing in The Rain" is too young.

220px-MonsieurBeaucaireVideoCover.jpg

main-qimg-ce059edaa640fd1141441de89ea517

That photo is a scene in "Jud Suss" (1940) a propaganda film.  Here's another take.

Jud-Suss-The-Film-That-Fueled-the-Holoca

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

That is a fictitious movie called "The Dueling  Cavalier " which seems to had been inspired by the real film "Monsieur Beaucaire" (1927).  The woman in the 1952 "Singing in The Rain" is too young.

220px-MonsieurBeaucaireVideoCover.jpg

main-qimg-ce059edaa640fd1141441de89ea517

Thanks for the info, ham.

(...and I'm sure glad you enjoyed my little joke here...well, I sure as hell laughed at it for a few minutes anyway...but then again, you probably already know what a sucker I am for my own material, don't ya!) ;)

6 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Thanks for the info, ham.

(...and I'm sure glad you enjoyed my little joke here...well, I sure as hell laughed at it for a few minutes anyway...but then again, you probably already know what a sucker I am for my own material, don't ya!) ;)

I added more info, was editing when you posted. Have to admit I originally thought the same thing, the 2 photos are a good lookalike.

• Like 1

Kolberg isn't the most historically accurate but it is a decent technicolor epic for its day.

Kolberg2.jpg?resize=560,351&ssl=1

I wonder if Goebbels ever took advantage of Soderbaum. I read that he tried to get most of those German actresses to sleep with him. "Hitler's Hollywood" is a good documentary on the subject if you haven't seen it.

"Kolberg" (1945) like most movies are embellished even if we made it.

Would make a nice foreign import for TCM to show on a Sunday night.

• Like 1