Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Songs in TCM commericals

Hello all , I did look around on web and here for a list of the songs TCM uses in there commercials but didn't find one. Is there one ?  I think they should add a list of the songs used to there monthly news letter email . 

• Like 2

Good idea!  I sometimes really like the song in the monthly TCM promo but rarely know the name of the song or the performer.  

(Yes, I'm out of touch with current music, but that doesn't mean that I don't like it when I hear it, even though I mostly listen to music from before I was born.)

• Like 2

I really love this idea!  I am a real fan of The Dustbowl Revival which played a song sometime ago  --  their discovery all due to TCM!  And I find myself looking up several of these tunes.  I also want to applaud TCM for giving new artists valuable exposure.  Good job!  Bravo, James63!  And cudos, TCM!  

• Like 1

I did...  And hopefully will learn more soon!  ;)

On 6/4/2020 at 6:48 AM, James63 said:

Hello all , I did look around on web and here for a list of the songs TCM uses in there commercials but didn't find one. Is there one ?  I think they should add a list of the songs used to there monthly news letter email . 

On 6/9/2020 at 3:32 PM, James63 said:

Maybe someone who belongs to backlot can ask about this . 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, Sunny33066 said:

I love the current song you are playing between movies. I can’t tell whether it is You People or Two People. I would really like to know. 

This one, Sunny33066? :)

↓                       ↓                      ↓                         ↓                   ↓                      ↓                      ↓                   ↓

• 1 month later...

OR...you could go to YouTube and punch in "TCM (month, year)" in the search engine and see the thumbnail for that month's promo.  If the song's title and artist is not in the description of the video, check the comments section.  There's usually a couple of people who will state the title and artist of the song being played.  If I like a particular song, such as last month's "Good People" by Rhys Lewis, I add it to my Spotify playlist.  I've also added songs I really like from the annual "TCM Remembers" retrospective which airs the last half of each December and early January.

• Like 1

I mean ... there is an app called Shazam, which I'm pretty sure is free. You could download it onto your smartphone and then hold it somewhere near your TV and turn it on when one of these songs is playing.

On 1/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, Sepiatone said:

I like that short jazz piece with the tasty guitar work they play in some cases.

Sepiatone

HA!  Couldn't find a clip, but it's currently used to intro the "TCM original productions" segments.

Would LOVE to know who's playing that guitar!

Sepiatone