Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Think that's simply called artistry.

Why does James Dunn and Lois Wilson look like the walking dead? :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this photo in "Bright Eye's" streaming (Google Images)  Did something got deleted like the wish to have quintuplets? :blink:

bright-eyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jane's probably under the sink fixing the trap.  ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Jane's probably under the sink fixing the trap.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Lol you remembered that old commercial.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a series of "Josephine the plumber" TV ads.   And, since early ROBBIE BENSON was brought up...(and look who else!  ;) )

Sepiatone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Artistic integrity.  I watched A Date With Judy not too long ago  for nothing else to watch at the time, and I couldn't get over the amount of makeup that Jane Powell and her costars were caked up with.  Talk about your cherry apple cheeks! But I'm thinking the artist colored Shirley's cheeks to make her appear more of a cherub. Hey, I could be wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the film where Jane Withers gets her comeuppance?  She brutalizes her dolly, is a real pain in the neck to her parents, spoiled rotten, and generally gives Shirley a really bad time of it. But that little brat gets it in the end when she gets slapped in the face. Yeah. That's a good movie.  Your standard Shirley Temple fodder. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Janet0312 said:

Is this the film where Jane Withers gets her comeuppance?  She brutalizes her dolly, is a real pain in the neck to her parents, spoiled rotten, and generally gives Shirley a really bad time of it. But that little brat gets it in the end when she gets slapped in the face. Yeah. That's a good movie.  Your standard Shirley Temple fodder. 

Yup! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hamradio said:

Found this photo in "Bright Eye's" streaming (Google Images)  Did something got deleted like the wish to have quintuplets? :blink:

bright-eyes

SHIRLEY was exactly the right age to be playing with DIONNE QUINTUPLET dolls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

SHIRLEY was exactly the right age to be playing with DIONNE QUINTUPLET dolls. 

Were referring the sensitivities of stuck ups back in the day. (where do all those babies come from)?

I saw the movie starring Beau Bridges "Million Dollar Babies" (1994).  Couldn't believe society tolerated treating those little girls like caged animals for people's amusement.

51QXeW1cfbL._SY445_.jpg

quints.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Susan Hopkins said:

Why is Shirley Temple depicted on the Bright Eyes movie poster as if she is wearing makeup?

Shirley paid the bills for that studio during those years. She was the star they wanted the focus on. As much color as possible to make up for the fact it was a black and white film.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GGGGerald said:

Shirley paid the bills for that studio during those years. She was the star they wanted the focus on. As much color as possible to make up for the fact it was a black and white film.

Today with colorization one can apply makeup as desired. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

SHIRLEY was exactly the right age to be playing with DIONNE QUINTUPLET dolls. 

Marx%20Brothers%20(A%20Night%20at%20the%

"Don't you know what duplicates are?"

-"Sure, those five kids up in'a Canada."

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dargo said:

"Don't you know what duplicates are?"

-"Sure, those five kids up in'a Canada."

10thumb.jpg

"Stork Delivery Service...Oh, it's you, Mr. Dionne!...What?...Mr. Dionne, puh-LEASE!!"

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hamradio said:

Today with colorization one can apply makeup as desired. :wacko:

Ah, but today, put too much make up on a little girl and you risk THIS-----  :( 

Sepiatone

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mothers who__ing their daughters.....Oprah Winfrey.

 

20110926-750-0.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 4:49 PM, hamradio said:

Today with colorization one can apply makeup as desired. :wacko:

...and hard core fans will complain vehemently as if some how the original print is damaged by the process.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hamradio said:

Mothers who__ing their daughters.....Oprah Winfrey.

 

20110926-750-0.jpg

In trying to fill in the blank, I'm reminded of an old ( and non-PC ) Polish joke.-----

A young Polish girl walks up to the teller of a local bank with a pillowcase filled with dimes and nickles and tells the man at the counter she wished to deposit it all.

The astonished teller asks; "My goodness young lady!  Did you hoard all this change?"    And the girl replied.....

"Naw, my sister whored half of it."  ;) 

Sepiatone

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reminded of the old joke about an ISOT of the Dionne Quintuplets on soc.history.what-if ("No, the Dionne Quintuplets would NOT have fared well after being sent from 1939 to feudal Japan!")

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...