• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Athos

TCM Programming Challenge #43: British Invasion

2 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

???

Not sure what the question is?  I was highlighting women editors and Dede Allen edited DDA.

Terrific schedule CinemaInternational! I applaud you for going all in for the British Invasion! Lots of great choices here. Margaret Rutherford is excellent. I love the World War I block. The Underground duo is awesome - two films I have been wanting to see. I'm also happy to see The Go-Between, Billy Liar, and This Sporting Life included, to name a few. Excellent!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sewhite2000 said:

Sorry, Al Pacino, not Dustin Hoffman!

ahhhhh . . .You are right.

I will correct.  Thanks.  

Super schedule Lydecker! Noel Coward is an all-timer, so this is a wonderful block and tribute to his work. I very much would like to see The Clouded Yellow.  Excellent composer selection with Jerry Goldsmith. His opening theme for Chinatown is one of my favorites. I love your Ginger Rogers block. Black Widow is a good movie! Van Heflin is great in it and Ginger is a riot in her Margo Channing like role. And there's nobody like Orson Welles. Great work!

• Like 2

There's just a few more hours! 

(Good for you if you get the reference in keeping with our challenge!)

Thank you to everyone that submitted a schedule for this challenge. I will post a voting thread shortly.

• Thanks 1

CI:  Love your SOTM (Margaret Rutherford is such a joy to watch, ) John Barry (I almost picked him, too), England Remembers WW I, based on a book by Agathie Christie and so much more.  Great job as always.

• Like 1