Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 SCHEDULE & 2021 SCHEDULE

Thank you! I’m happy w Tyrone Power list which does show most of his best work. Pleased to see The Long Gray Line and Yank in the RAF both rare to see on tv. Of course I’m excited that Abandon Ship is also there along w Nightmare Alley

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a bad schedule this year though we are getting some recent repeats...would love to see Bing Crosby next year...featured 5 years ago for the first time (per TopBilled's list)... I believe he deserves better than that...

• Like 1

Summer Under the Stars has never been a favorite TCM program of mine -- primarily because of the "vanilla" stars that get honored.

Nice to see Abbott and Costello getting the SUTS treatment. Always up for some Bud & Lou.

I'll probably tune in for Lee Marvin, Eve Arden, and Tony Randall flicks. I dig Richard Burton, Jimmy Cagney, and Robert Mitchum -- all traditional, conventional TCM picks for SUTS -- but I've seen their flicks -- more than once.

Hara Setsuko?! A cultural sensitivity sop to express solidarity with (wrongfully persecuted) Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders?

Totally clueless about "The Eternal Virgin" (Move over, Doris Day!). According to Web info on Setsuko, she did not seem to care about her movie career.

• Like 1

Thank you, TopBilled, for your usual great job in putting this into a format which is accessible and easy to refer to. I especially want to commend your choice of photos to accompany each entry. I spent as much time admiring the photos as I did reading the lists. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, DougieB said:

Thank you, TopBilled, for your usual great job in putting this into a format which is accessible and easy to refer to. I especially want to commend your choice of photos to accompany each entry. I spent as much time admiring the photos as I did reading the lists. 

I'll 2nd that!  Much appreciated... 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 5:09 AM, DougieB said:

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the photos!

On 7/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, Terri Williams Palos said:

I'll 2nd that!  Much appreciated... 

You are very welcome.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey TopBilled.  Could you do me a favor buddy?  I posted this question on this board just one down and I haven’t received any responses yet.  Do you know if the Watch TCM app has all the star salutes and lineups listed?  From Bette Davis to now?  I missed the first week and almost this last week of SUTS.  Because I watched the summer Olimpics.  I’m going to do some catching up starting like later tonight.  I saw some of Robert Mitchum yesterday and am watching Gregory Peck right now.

4 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

Hey TopBilled.  Could you do me a favor buddy?  I posted this question on this board just one down and I haven’t received any responses yet.  Do you know if the Watch TCM app has all the star salutes and lineups listed?  From Bette Davis to now?  I missed the first week and almost this last week of SUTS.  Because I watched the summer Olimpics.  I’m going to do some catching up starting like later tonight.  I saw some of Robert Mitchum yesterday and am watching Gregory Peck right now.

I don't have the Watch TCM app so I would not be able to tell you. 

Maybe someone else reading the thread will see your question and provide an answer.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:24 AM, Giggles Widlansky said:

It looks like Fluffy has been replaced by The Brass Bottle for August 26, Tony Randall's day.

Thanks for the heads up. I will go back and edit the post re: Tony Randall's day.