Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biden seeks running mate who's "ready to be president on day one"

Biden seeks running mate who's "ready to be president on day one"

As he considers who to pick to be his running mate, Joe Biden says he's looking for someone who is "ready to be president on day one." Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, made the comment in an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor and managing editor Norah O'Donnell.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee said the events across the country over the last two weeks haven't necessarily affected how he'll pick his running mate or who it will be, but they have given him a "greater focus and urgency on the need" to select a person who is "totally simpatico" with him philosophically. Still, the former vice president said he wants someone who's also comfortable enough with him to argue with him privately when they disagree. Biden has publicly committed to selecting a woman for the job and hopes to announce his decision by early August.

"It's really important that whomever you pick as a vice president agrees with you in terms of your philosophy of government and agrees with you on the systemic things that you wanna change," Biden told O'Donnell. "And is, in fact, going to be able to be someone who is not at all intimidated by the president, not at all intimidated walkin' in the White House. And is going to be prepared to give their unvarnished opinion and be able to privately argue with the president if they disagree. I want someone strong. I want someone strong, and someone who can — who is ready to be president on day one."

Anybody who follows politics knows that Biden is not going to pick his running mate, that is up to the smoky room Democrats running the show behind the scenes like puppets.  McCain didn't even know who Sarah Palin was when she was picked, I bet the democrats pull the same thing on Biden.

No matter who becomes Biden's Vice Presidential running mate, I somehow have a feeling you won't approve, MM.

• Like 1

NASA Says Pence Was OK to Touch Hardware Despite Sign

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/photo-captures-mike-pence-ignores-nasa-s-do-not-touch-n780576

Excerpt..

“Procedures require the hardware to be cleaned before tiles are bonded to the spacecraft, so touching the surface is absolutely okay,” said NASA spokeswoman Jen Rae Wang. “Otherwise, the hardware would have had a protective cover over it like the thermal heat shield, which was nearby.”

The vice president, for his part, gamely played along, joking on Twitter that Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, “dared” him to do it.

38 minutes ago, hamradio said:

NASA Says Pence Was OK to Touch Hardware Despite Sign

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/photo-captures-mike-pence-ignores-nasa-s-do-not-touch-n780576

Excerpt..

“Procedures require the hardware to be cleaned before tiles are bonded to the spacecraft, so touching the surface is absolutely okay,” said NASA spokeswoman Jen Rae Wang. “Otherwise, the hardware would have had a protective cover over it like the thermal heat shield, which was nearby.”

The vice president, for his part, gamely played along, joking on Twitter that Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, “dared” him to do it.

How many of these people provide cover to idiotic politicians after the fact by making up excuses?  Too many.

"What the President meant to say ..."

Latest speculation is that Kamala Harris will check all the boxes.  Warren is too far left and Klobuchar is weighed down by Minneapolis - and also a moderate white.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Latest speculation is that Kamala Harris will check all the boxes.  Warren is too far left and Klobuchar is weighed down by Minneapolis - and also a moderate white.

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if Harris was chosen as a running mate. I supported her campaign before she decided to end her campaign prematurely and save her energy for the senate. While I respect people's opinions regarding her record as a prosecutor because there are certainly a lot of questionable decisions, nobody is 100 percent perfect and I wholeheartedly agree politicians will have to earn the trust of the people.  I honestly believe her to be a very well qualified, prepared, highly intelligent and most importantly, passionate candidate that will absolutely try her best to make waves regarding the failures of the Trump administration, and mostly be a breath of fresh air and very complementary to "uncle Joe" whom isn't my preferred first choice but will have to do for now. 

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, MerryPickford said:

I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be ecstatic if Harris was chosen as a running mate. I supported her campaign before she decided to end her campaign prematurely and save her energy for the senate. While I respect people's opinions regarding her record as a prosecutor because there are certainly a lot of questionable decisions, nobody is 100 percent perfect and I wholeheartedly agree politicians will have to earn the trust of the people.  I honestly believe her to be a very well qualified, prepared, highly intelligent and most importantly, passionate candidate that will absolutely try her best to make waves regarding the failures of the Trump administration, and mostly be a breath of fresh air and very complementary to "uncle Joe" whom isn't my preferred first choice but will have to do for now. 

I have lived in CA all my life and have followed the career of Harris;   There are things I like and things I don't like (which is true of all politicians).     To me she came of as phony when running for President.      As you note she is highly intelligent.   As for the passionate part;  well that is what I see as being phony.  

E.g. as DA she didn't push for much police reform;  I.e.  she was fairly moderate.    But she get on the debate stage and attacks Biden implying he and his generation of white Dems are racist,,,,,   yea,  that type of passionate just to score a hit at a debate,,,,   not a fan of that.

But I can accept Harris as V.P.    In fact I'm for anyone but Trump so anything that helps ensure that clown is defeated is OK by me. 

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Susan Rice appears to be right up there too.  She is super smart.

I like Susan Rice, she's smart and has important experience. If Biden chooses a black woman, I think another reasonable option would be Kamala Harris. I am totally against choosing a celebrity (Oprah) or a loser (Stacy Abrams).  I hope Biden bewares of any flash-in-the-pan who happened to give a good press conference or speech during either of the current crises. We have to stop being manipulated by the media -- that's how we got Trump!

Klobachar was my favorite, but I'm not sure she's in the running any more. 

• Like 1

I would pretty much say Klobuchar is out due to her having been a prosecutor in the county that includes Minneapolis.  During that time more than two dozen people died during encounters with police and most were minorities.  She was my favorite to be president.

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms of Atlanta and FL Representative Val Demmings are rising, but I don't think they will make the cut.

An interesting addition to me is Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, a Latina.

I think it should be someone with a proven record in Federal government or a governor.  I could be happy with Harris and I think she would be a plus.  Warren would probably turn off a lot of voters.  Not sure Susan Rice would add anything nor would Stacy Abrams.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Swithin said:

I like Susan Rice, she's smart and has important experience. If Biden chooses a black woman, I think another reasonable option would be Kamala Harris. I am totally against choosing a celebrity (Oprah) or a loser (Stacy Abrams).  I hope Biden bewares of any flash-in-the-pan who happened to give a good press conference or speech during either of the current crises. We have to stop being manipulated by the media -- that's how we got Trump!

Klobachar was my favorite, but I'm not sure she's in the running any more. 

I wouldn't recommend Susan Rice because of her 'link' to Hillary Clinton;   Rice had to withdraw from consideration for Secretary of State when Clinton left the position to run for President.     I.e. the less 'links' Biden has to Hillary Clinton the better as it relates to Trump being able to exploit such links (even weak or nonsensical ones).

• Like 1

If Americans looked to someone with intelligence for a change (what a concept) I would put Susan Rice and Elizabeth Warren in that field.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

If Americans looked to someone with intelligence for a change (what a concept) I would put Susan Rice and Elizabeth Warren in that field.

susan rice can be even more obnoxious than kamala harris.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

susan rice can be even more obnoxious than kamala harris.

A trait which you someone value in a man.

• Haha 1