Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chicago police caught on tape 'lounging,' making popcorn in congressman's office amid looting

Chicago police caught on tape 'lounging,' making popcorn in congressman's office amid looting

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she was enraged after watching a video of police officers relaxing in a congressman’s campaign office as looting occurred in the South Side.

Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush received a call that the office had been burglarized almost two weeks ago. Security footage didn't show burglars — but about eight officers “lounging” in the office, the Democrat said in a joint press conference with the mayor on Thursday.

“They had their feet up on the desk, one was asleep on my couch in my campaign office,” Rush said. “One had his head down on his desk. One was on his cell phone. They even had the unmitigated gall to go and make coffee for themselves and to pop popcorn, my popcorn, in my microwave.”

The congressman accused the officers of relaxing while looters were “within their reach” at the shopping center where the campaign office is located. Lightfoot called the incident a “personal embarrassment” to her.

The mayor described the officers as having a “little hangout” as businesses in the south side of the city were looted and burned. Lightfoot said the officers depicted in the video showed disrespect to the badge and all officers will be identified.

"And I can tell you one thing for certain, not one of these officers will be allowed to hide behind the badge and go on and act like nothing ever happened," Lightfoot said. “Not anymore. Not in my city, not in your city.”

Around 13 officers total, including supervisors, entered the office at differing times as the shopping mall where it was located was a target for looting, Lightfoot said.

What did anyone expect when no cops showed up to stop rioters? They had to be somewhere, and in a Democrat office popping popcorn seems logical.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MovieMadness said:

What did anyone expect when no cops showed up to stop rioters? They had to be somewhere, and in a Democrat office popping popcorn seems logical.

If only they could have had the comfort of a bunker like your President.

• Haha 1

Those police are giving the protesters their wish....no police.

Hey "police defunders", Democrats (i.e. the Chicago mayor) see what happens if there are NONE! :D

Old saying...be careful of what you wish for.

54 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Those police are giving the protesters their wish....no police.

Hey "police defunders", Democrats (i.e. the Chicago mayor) see what happens if there are NONE! :D

Old saying...be careful of what you wish for.

These are not the BLM protesters!

They are rioters, looters, local gangs taking advantage of the situation. How conservatives love to lump everybody together. Trump knows that, thus he's Mr. Law and Order, while ignoring the racial concerns of the protesters.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said she was enraged after watching a video of police officers relaxing in a congressman’s campaign office as looting occurred in the South Side.

Illinois Rep. Bobby Rush received a call that the office had been burglarized almost two weeks ago. Security footage didn't show burglars — but about eight officers “lounging” in the office, the Democrat said in a joint press conference with the mayor on Thursday.

“They had their feet up on the desk, one was asleep on my couch in my campaign office,” Rush said. “One had his head down on his desk. One was on his cell phone. They even had the unmitigated gall to go and make coffee for themselves and to pop popcorn, my popcorn, in my microwave.”

The congressman accused the officers of relaxing while looters were “within their reach” at the shopping center where the campaign office is located. Lightfoot called the incident a “personal embarrassment” to her.

The mayor described the officers as having a “little hangout” as businesses in the south side of the city were looted and burned. Lightfoot said the officers depicted in the video showed disrespect to the badge and all officers will be identified.

"And I can tell you one thing for certain, not one of these officers will be allowed to hide behind the badge and go on and act like nothing ever happened," Lightfoot said. “Not anymore. Not in my city, not in your city.”

Around 13 officers total, including supervisors, entered the office at differing times as the shopping mall where it was located was a target for looting, Lightfoot said.

I hope her couch is full of cop ****.

:D

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I hope her couch is full of cop ****.

:D

You know, Nip, you don't exactly add to the luster of the deplorable reputation of  many Trump supporters with an observation like that.

source.gif

• Like 1