Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Allhallowsday

WORD IS OUT (1977) on TCM 11:45pm EST - TONIGHT

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Sorry but I think you were taking a swipe at woke culture. It's not something I take personally but just felt it necessary to clarify the meaning behind your remarks. Though if you're going to be snarky about it, then I guess it's not worth it. Is it? :) 

It's always "worth it" to inform.  You, however, are repeating yourself.  Now I am: It was not a swipe at "woke culture," as I wrote.   "Woke" is not a term I use.  You've used it a lot.  Maybe you should take it "personally".   

Your unexplained remark: "This is a question you are asking others, not us."  Now THAT sounds "snarky".  Who are "others" and who are "us"?  I would love to know what you meant. 

I'd seen the film when it came out and a few times on TCM. It's a bit too long, but can be forgiven for that. Some sequences were solid and moving  and some others really didnt add much. Unsure  if due to editing or they just werent compelling in the first place. The Chinese guy could've been cut entirely and seemed a little off. I guess he was included for ethnicity, but would think they could've found someone more interesting. The gay businessman in the suit didnt add much either. Would think most of the people are probably gone now. It  made me feel old watching it (I guess I am). Makes me aware how time passes so quickly.

• Thanks 1