Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need help figuring out the name of a western film

Okay so this is a friend that stumped me about a description of an old classic movie he saw on television a long time ago that he forgot the name to. Basically, all he remembers is that it's a western with a man and woman living on a farm together. Apparently there's a water well that features prominently in this movie. The man apparently goes inside this water well and is unable to turn back and get out of there. As a result, the well starts providing gold(money) to the woman. My friend didn't specify if this was mystical or what but it sounds very fantastical for a western film, don't you guys think? 

Anyway, as a fairly decent classic film buff, this plot description has left me completely stumped. I don't believe he knows the names of the actors either so it makes it a little more challenging. I'm wondering if any western film aficionado or classic film buff can maybe help suggest possible avenues to look or possible titles this could be? 

There's also the possibility they could be remembering a television show plot line as well so if no films fit that description, it might have been some episode they're thinking of. 

• 3 weeks later...