Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Euthyphro religious dilemma

19 hours ago, Sukhov said:

For most theists it should be a blow. The funny thing about "Divine command theory" is that I highly doubt 99% of the self-described Christians, Jews, muslims, nowadays would actually be willing to kill their own son (like Abraham) to please God and if they did, they certainly wouldn't consider it just or moral.

Abraham did not want to sacrifice Isaac. the thought of harming his son whom he loved shook him to his core...but he believed that he could do only one thing, obey God...

and God's voice stayed his hand before he did.

:)

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Man is given freedom of choice which path he wants to take.  If he chose the wrong one, don't blame God.

Ah, yes.  The "free will" idea.  Sure.  I've long considered, given the existence of God, that it is very simple.

If anything about it IS true, then consider.....

God created this world and all that exists on this planet.  Man, woman, vegetation, animals etc.  Then gave us the freedom to make our own decisions and some very simple rules to follow. And it's not that God allows bad things to happen to good people, PEOPLE allow that to happen.  Or at least are responsible for it happening. 

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Little kids dying of horrible cancers is a choice ?

Are you implying God created the cancer?

Or was it instead man's folly and carelessness that brought about carcinogenic agents that caused those poor kids to contract cancer? 

Sepiatone

God allows human suffering like the black plague and the spanish inquisition. it is man's doing but he permits it to happen.

the atheist is not interested in asking why which means they are not honest seekers of truth.

honest seekers would ask why but they don't.

46 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Ah, yes.  The "free will" idea.  Sure.  I've long considered, given the existence of God, that it is very simple.

If anything about it IS true, then consider.....

God created this world and all that exists on this planet.  Man, woman, vegetation, animals etc.  Then gave us the freedom to make our own decisions and some very simple rules to follow. And it's not that God allows bad things to happen to good people, PEOPLE allow that to happen.  Or at least are responsible for it happening. 

Are you implying God created the cancer?

Or was it instead man's folly and carelessness that brought about carcinogenic agents that caused those poor kids to contract cancer? 

Sepiatone

Just a few decades ago, a doctor would had to travel across the globe to find a child with cancer.  Autism was virtually unheard of.

Guess God made this.

a998205eca6f57e745ab13c11ff1c09f2db5c900

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Oh, no!

DON'T tell me you're one of those gleeps who believe it's VACCINES that cause autism!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

Easy for studies to show no association TODAY because that crap has been taking out during the past decade.  Yes vaccines today are cleaner.  But I don't hear about autism as much....wonder why?

What I'm saying basically is.....

Many of the vaccines blamed for autism are the SAME vaccines , for decades unchanged, that MY kids, and even MY generation received with NO incidents of autism as a result.  In fact....

The circled ingredients in that pic you posted can be found in many household items.  People are STILL complaining about old layers of lead based paint in older housing.

Formaldehyde  can be found in many cheaper, "budget" hair shampoos and body washes.

So, with more care in storing and for a few pennies more, possibly many of the kids who developed autism could have avoided it. 

Sepiatone

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Abraham did not want to sacrifice Isaac. the thought of harming his son whom he loved shook him to his core...but he believed that he could do only one thing, obey God...

and God's voice stayed his hand before he did.

:)

Nipkow, do you think that is a just thing for a God to command? To tell him to kill his son? Would you be okay with that?

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

What I'm saying basically is.....

Many of the vaccines blamed for autism are the SAME vaccines , for decades unchanged, that MY kids, and even MY generation received with NO incidents of autism as a result.  In fact....

The circled ingredients in that pic you posted can be found in many household items.  People are STILL complaining about old layers of lead based paint in older housing.

Formaldehyde  can be found in many cheaper, "budget" hair shampoos and body washes.

So, with more care in storing and for a few pennies more, possibly many of the kids who developed autism could have avoided it. 

Sepiatone

Autism has existed long before vaccines, doctors just didn't have a name for it.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Why? **** happens, that's why.

Awww...  You're full of ASTERISK!  :D (couldn't resist.  Seems without the aid of vaccines I've developed DARGO DISEASE!  ;) ) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Awww...  You're full of ASTERISK!  :D (couldn't resist.  Seems without the aid of vaccines I've developed DARGO DISEASE!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Really?

2488.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Awww...  You're full of ASTERISK!  :D (couldn't resist.  Seems without the aid of vaccines I've developed DARGO DISEASE!  ;) ) 

Sepiatone

Everything being equal, I'd rather be full of $. (Tune in for the first DD telethon on July Fourth. Give till it hurts).

• Haha 1