Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid was Peckinpah's own fav film

Musta watched this western 6-7 times on tcm demand, you'd think Sam Peckinpah would choose THE WILD BUNCH, RIDE HIGH COUNTRY,etc However at the end of his life he said the 1973 western was his own personal favorite

(NOTE: PLEASE SEND ANY/ALL COMMENTS ON THIS & OTHER WESTERNS & HIS   PLUS A TYPE OF A TEST COMP & HOSPITAL VISITS (comp was broken)

THANX

“Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid” 1973 is certainly a classic (Kristofferson, Dylan, Coolidge, Robards, Armstrong, Askew, Fix and Pickens) along with “Duck, You Sucker” 1971 as favorite James Colburn films…the makings of a classic “Colburn”double feature.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQshK8m-5-A1vmBCPniJ96

Interesting Colburn note:

Because of his severe rheumatoid arthritis, Coburn appeared in very few films during the 1980s, yet he continued working until his death in 2002. This disease had left Coburn's body deformed and in pain. "You start to turn to stone," he told ABC News in an April 1999 interview. "See, my hand is twisted now because tendons have shortened." For 20 years, he tried a host of both conventional and unconventional treatments, but none of them worked. "There was so much pain that...every time I stood up, I would break into a sweat," he recalled. Then, at the age of 68, Coburn tried something called MSM, methylsulfonylmethane, a sulfur compound available at most health food stores. The result, he said, was nothing short of miraculous. "You take this stuff and it starts right away," said Coburn. "Everyone I've given it to has had a positive response." Though the MSM did not cure Coburn's arthritis, it did relieve his pain, allowing him to move more freely and resume his career.

• Like 1

As a Dylan "freak" since '63, I found this flick a disappointment.  But then, never did care for Kristofferson.  And Bob had too little to do to make his appearance any kind of factor.  Never much liked the tune either.  :( 

Sepiatone

On 6/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, hamradio said:

A rare photo of notorious outlaw Billy the Kid has emerged on the market with a $1 million price-tag. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7706121/Black-white-photo-Billy-Kid-playing-cards-gang-set-fetch-1m-auction.html

From left to right: Richard Brewer, Bill the Kid, Fred Waite and Henry Brown.  Amazing discovery.

21244762-7706121-image-a-35_157425274173

This shot of Billy might actually be the third old tintype of him being discovered, and not the second one as this article posited.

The following closeup and cropped section of a group of people playing croquet circa 1878 has its proponents certain that it's him...

2016-05-09-1462754573-8278124-images.jpe

Here's the complete article regarding this:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/billy-the-kid-the-six-mil_b_9866260

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Dargo said:

This shot of Billy might actually be the third old tintype of him being discovered, and not the second one as this article posited.

The follow closeup and cropped section of a group of people playing croquet circa 1878 has its proponents certain that it's him...

Seen that last year on TV, hard picturing him playing croquet. 

Think it's hard for that guy pointing the finger also. default_laugh.png

829.jpg?width=445&quality=85&auto=format

Another case of a remorseful seller, sold it for 2 bucks, Hate seeing a grown person cry (the junk shop dealer).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/billy-kid-2-junk-shop-photo-hopes-sell-millions-n445876

2015-10-14T22-53-08-3Z--1280x720.focal-7

43 minutes ago, Dargo said:

The following closeup and cropped section of a group of people playing croquet circa 1878 has its proponents certain that it's him...

EXCELLENT   SAW THE TV SPECIAL WHERE THE GUY HAD TO DO EVERYTHING TO GET IT OFFICIALLY ENDORSED

IT'S LIKE I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE  THOUGH THE OTHERS ARE MORE ENTERTAINING-(ESPECIALLY GARRETT) & THOSE DYLAN NUMBERS HAS AN ENTIRELY NEW DIMENSION TO IT!

THE POP HIT ICONS  YOUNG GUNS (l988) ($42./) & YOUNG GUNS II (L990) ($43,/) are the most accurate of any^

excellent shots, it seems in reality that earp was he only one never go  shot at lives to be 81 in 1929

On 6/15/2020 at 11:35 PM, hamradio said:

Need a new movie "Billy the Old Man" :unsure:

Brushy_Bill_Roberts.jpg

always been up for debate if that was him or not

On 6/23/2020 at 10:45 PM, hamradio said:

Seen that last year on TV, hard picturing him playing croquet. 

Think it's hard for that guy pointing the finger also. default_laugh.png

829.jpg?width=445&quality=85&auto=format

Another case of a remorseful seller, sold it for 2 bucks, Hate seeing a grown person cry (the junk shop dealer).

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/billy-kid-2-junk-shop-photo-hopes-sell-millions-n445876

2015-10-14T22-53-08-3Z--1280x720.focal-7

saw this special and these 2 shots have ben officially verified

On 6/23/2020 at 12:22 PM, JeanneCrain said:

“Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid” 1973 is certainly a classic (Kristofferson, Dylan, Coolidge, Robards, Armstrong, Askew, Fix and Pickens) along with “Duck, You Sucker” 1971 as favorite James Colburn films…the makings of a classic “Colburn”double feature.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQshK8m-5-A1vmBCPniJ96

Interesting Colburn note:

Because of his severe rheumatoid arthritis, Coburn appeared in very few films during the 1980s, yet he continued working until his death in 2002. This disease had left Coburn's body deformed and in pain. "You start to turn to stone," he told ABC News in an April 1999 interview. "See, my hand is twisted now because tendons have shortened." For 20 years, he tried a host of both conventional and unconventional treatments, but none of them worked. "There was so much pain that...every time I stood up, I would break into a sweat," he recalled. Then, at the age of 68, Coburn tried something called MSM, methylsulfonylmethane, a sulfur compound available at most health food stores. The result, he said, was nothing short of miraculous. "You take this stuff and it starts right away," said Coburn. "Everyone I've given it to has had a positive response." Though the MSM did not cure Coburn's arthritis, it did relieve his pain, allowing him to move more freely and resume his career.

who has ever seen his stunning oscar winning role in affliction from '98