Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gang Pursuits Witness at Hospital

TCM showed a black and white crime noir/gangster film one morning a couple years ago about a gang that was so desperate to silence a witness that they tried to assassinate her in a heavily protected hospital. There's even a shootout there. Does anyone know the name of this movie? I believe they were a gang of bank robbers, but I may be mixing the plot with a different movie on that matter. The film was pretty violent.

It may have happened in a few films. But for sure this happened in THE MOB (1951). Brod Crawford plays an undercover cop whose girlfriend is kidnapped and held hostage at the hospital. There's a shoot-out in a hospital room.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.39.43 PM.jpeg

• Like 1

That's not the movie, but I'll still check it out. Thanks!

Slightly more details: the climax is at the hospital and the remnant of the gang gets wiped out along with a few others. It's a pretty grim movie.

13 hours ago, 540SciFi said:

That's not the movie, but I'll still check it out. Thanks!

Slightly more details: the climax is at the hospital and the remnant of the gang gets wiped out along with a few others. It's a pretty grim movie.

THE MOB (1951) may currently be viewed on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

I think he/shes talking about Steve Cochran's Highway 301 (1950).

Highway 301 Poster

Thanks Joe. I haven't ever watched this one. And I like Steve Cochran.

• 3 months later...

Yes, Highway 301 was the movie. Thanks for pointing it out. Re-watched it and recommend it for any fan of the genre.

Also watched the Mob 1951. It's a pretty good undercover cop story, and I liked it fairly well.

Yeah, it's now trench coat and fedora season...

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 540SciFi said:

Yes, Highway 301 was the movie. Thanks for pointing it out. Re-watched it and recommend it for any fan of the genre.

Also watched the Mob 1951. It's a pretty good undercover cop story, and I liked it fairly well.

Yeah, it's now trench coat and fedora season...

Saw Highway 301 on MOVIES-TV just last week.     Ok,  crime drama and one that focused more on the criminals than on the cops  (which typically is my preference).