Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ID a mantis alien movie (not that one)?

Caught a fragment of a SCi-FI movie on TCM several years ago. I think it was a Sci-Fi themed Saturday, and I'm pretty sure they showed Invasion of the Body Snatchers (70s) afterwards.

The movie I'm trying to ID was in color (I'm almost certain) and I remember it having the head of an alien, like a mantis or some other insectoid, projected onto the sky. I guess it wanted to destroy the world and the protagonist was having a nervous breakdown while staring at the image from an alley or on top of a building. I think the alien had some sort of control over the main character. It couldn't have been the Deadly Mantis or Beginning of the End since those are b/w and a completely different plot. This alien may have had a UFO. Had to have been made late 50s-early 70s.

38 minutes ago, 540SciFi said:

Caught a fragment of a SCi-FI movie on TCM several years ago. I think it was a Sci-Fi themed Saturday, and I'm pretty sure they showed Invasion of the Body Snatchers (70s) afterwards.

The movie I'm trying to ID was in color (I'm almost certain) and I remember it having the head of an alien, like a mantis or some other insectoid, projected onto the sky. I guess it wanted to destroy the world and the protagonist was having a nervous breakdown while staring at the image from an alley or on top of a building. I think the alien had some sort of control over the main character. It couldn't have been the Deadly Mantis or Beginning of the End since those are b/w and a completely different plot. This alien may have had a UFO. Had to have been made late 50s-early 70s.

Five Million Years to Earth (1967) aka Quatermass and the Pit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quatermass_and_the_Pit_(film)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

6111topPit.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you, that was a quick response! That's exactly what I remember seeing. Guess it wasn't a mantis but something bug like. Didn't realize it was a Hammer film. I've also never read a description for any of the Quatermass films though I see them included in sci-fi lists on occasion, so it would have taken forever to figure this one out. Thanks, I'll definitely give this a watch.

• Like 1