• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

God's Little Acre (1958)

8 hours ago, TheCid said:

PWT?

Come to think of it not all youknowwhat necks are poor, though that can't hurt. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Dargo said:

Yep, there are certainly hicks EVERYWHERE in this country of ours isn't there, and NOT just down there in y'alls southern states.

The only difference is southern hicks are in shorts....wait, so are the rustbelt ones.

jorts4.jpg

snowblower-man-in-shorts.JPG

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Come to think of it not all youknowwhat necks are poor, though that can't hurt. 

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

The guys on "Duck Dynasty" come to mind!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

:D 

I always thought one was just another name for the other!  ;)  And in fact, I never heard "them" called "poor white trash"  just "white trash".  regardless of tax bracket.

20 hours ago, Swithin said:

I hope they don't cut out Mother Burnside's great line in Auntie Name:

"Mother of Jefferson Davis, she's passing the fox!"

:o  DANG!  I didn't even know she could SWALLOW it!  ;) 

Sepiatone

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:D 

I always thought one was just another name for the other!  ;)  And in fact, I never heard "them" called "poor white trash"  just "white trash".  regardless of tax bracket.

Poor was a derogatory term added to white trash and primarily used in the South.  But you are right, trash are trash.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Poor was a derogatory term added to white trash and primarily used in the South.  But you are right, trash are trash.

Yes, but isn't the correct pronunciation, "po' white trash"?

(...you know, kind'a like where many of 'em shop..."the Wawmart"???)

9 hours ago, TheCid said:

I've always heard the word **** more often than poor white trash. **** is a word that might mean

somewhat different things to different people. Of course one could be a wealthy, educated ****. But how

can one be  wealthy poor white trash? And of course not all poor white people are trash.

17 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I've always heard the word **** more often than poor white trash. **** is a word that might mean

somewhat different things to different people. Of course one could be a wealthy, educated ****. But how

can one be  wealthy poor white trash? And of course not all poor white people are trash.

I've always thought of it as r e d  n e c k is a lifestyle, whereas trash are people who have no initiative to improve their position in life, to take care of their property or their children or to live by normal standards.

Incidentally, have no idea what the **** are for but I assumed r e d  n e c k.

49 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I was wondering the same thing.  But as comedian JEFF FOXWORTHY made a ton of money with his "You might be a r e d n e c k" gags, I don't see how any of them can be much offended, else we'd have read or heard about a big to-do over it.  And really, most of the "R-N's" I know just LOVE them gags!  ;) (and no DARG, I'm not talking about Registered Nurses!  ;) ) 

Sepiatone

7 hours ago, TheCid said:

I've always thought of it as r e d  n e c k is a lifestyle, whereas trash are people who have no initiative to improve their position in life, to take care of their property or their children or to live by normal standards.

I guess that's as good a distinction as any. Yeah I forgot ******* is a no no. I'm still surprised the censors

allow the word bastard.