Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

God's Little Acre (1958)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, TheCid said:

PWT?

Come to think of it not all youknowwhat necks are poor, though that can't hurt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 5:07 PM, Dargo said:

Yep, there are certainly hicks EVERYWHERE in this country of ours isn't there, and NOT just down there in y'alls southern states.

The only difference is southern hicks are in shorts....wait, so are the rustbelt ones.

jorts4.jpg

snowblower-man-in-shorts.JPG

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Come to think of it not all youknowwhat necks are poor, though that can't hurt. 

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

The guys on "Duck Dynasty" come to mind!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

:D 

I always thought one was just another name for the other!  ;)  And in fact, I never heard "them" called "poor white trash"  just "white trash".  regardless of tax bracket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Swithin said:

I hope they don't cut out Mother Burnside's great line in Auntie Name:

"Mother of Jefferson Davis, she's passing the fox!"

 

 

:o  DANG!  I didn't even know she could SWALLOW it!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:D 

I always thought one was just another name for the other!  ;)  And in fact, I never heard "them" called "poor white trash"  just "white trash".  regardless of tax bracket.

Poor was a derogatory term added to white trash and primarily used in the South.  But you are right, trash are trash.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Poor was a derogatory term added to white trash and primarily used in the South.  But you are right, trash are trash.

Yes, but isn't the correct pronunciation, "po' white trash"?

(...you know, kind'a like where many of 'em shop..."the Wawmart"???)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheCid said:

There actually is a difference between r e d necks and p o o r white t r a s h.  r e d necks are superior.  Also, there are lots and lots of people who are wealthy and/or educated and still fit into both categories.  

I've always heard the word **** more often than poor white trash. **** is a word that might mean

somewhat different things to different people. Of course one could be a wealthy, educated ****. But how

can one be  wealthy poor white trash? And of course not all poor white people are trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I've always heard the word **** more often than poor white trash. **** is a word that might mean

somewhat different things to different people. Of course one could be a wealthy, educated ****. But how

can one be  wealthy poor white trash? And of course not all poor white people are trash.

I've always thought of it as r e d  n e c k is a lifestyle, whereas trash are people who have no initiative to improve their position in life, to take care of their property or their children or to live by normal standards.

Incidentally, have no idea what the **** are for but I assumed r e d  n e c k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TheCid said:

 

Incidentally, have no idea what the **** are for but I assumed r e d  n e c k.

I was wondering the same thing.  But as comedian JEFF FOXWORTHY made a ton of money with his "You might be a r e d n e c k" gags, I don't see how any of them can be much offended, else we'd have read or heard about a big to-do over it.  And really, most of the "R-N's" I know just LOVE them gags!  ;) (and no DARG, I'm not talking about Registered Nurses!  ;) ) 

Sepiatone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheCid said:

I've always thought of it as r e d  n e c k is a lifestyle, whereas trash are people who have no initiative to improve their position in life, to take care of their property or their children or to live by normal standards.

Incidentally, have no idea what the **** are for but I assumed r e d  n e c k.

I guess that's as good a distinction as any. Yeah I forgot ******* is a no no. I'm still surprised the censors

allow the word bastard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...