Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can someone please urgently fix this movie at TCM so it loads and plays!? 

I checked with 2 other close friends on 2 different cable systems (Frontier FiOS in Tampa and Charter Spectrum in St. Louis).  It doesn't load on either service or on 4 different types of Roku and Fire devices. The problem is on the TCM side. 

I have sent in 5 emails asking for help and no one has done anything.  I got one ridiculous reply to my case (34575), telling me Watch TCM doesn't work on Firestick devices (huh?), and telling me how to reboot a Roku (!!??). 

HELP! 

Thank you. 

Hello Tampammm

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues, and I'm afraid we cannot be of too much help here on the Message Boards. 

TCM technical teams do trouble shoot play back issues on a regular basis. Here is a link to some information that may help. 

Thanks for the feedback!  So it sounds like a common denominator may be that its working for streaming customers, but not cable customers.  Weird. 

I know the problem isn't on my end as every other movie (except this one) plays. 

18 hours ago, TCMModerator1 said:

Hello Tampammm

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues, and I'm afraid we cannot be of too much help here on the Message Boards. 

TCM technical teams do trouble shoot play back issues on a regular basis. Here is a link to some information that may help. 

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I did follow that "link" procedure 5 times already. I only received one reply (seemingly from an irresponsible party) who really did not read my issue, and sent me a generic/template reply. 

It seems there's a gap with addressing technical TCM issues.  As you have no way to contact someone directly, and no way to escalate a mishandled problem.  Not good. 

17 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

I have YouTube TV, and this film plays on that TCM video-on-demand service.

Follow-up question: When you say the movie plays, is it on "Watch TCM", or an on-demand option from your provider (YTTV)? 

4 hours ago, Tampammm said:

Follow-up question: When you say the movie plays, is it on "Watch TCM", or an on-demand option from your provider (YTTV)? 

I realized a few minutes after I replied that it's an apples/oranges issue.

I dropped cable a couple of months ago (replaced it with YouTube TV), and I no longer have access to Watch TCM.  This was on the on-demand feature of YouTube TV.