Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lemmerot

Watch TCM App and Chromecast

Using the Watch TCM App on a Google android phone, I have had no problems casting to the Google Chromecast hooked up to my tv, until last week.  

All of a sudden, now when I try to cast a movie to my Chromecast, the TCM logo screen appears on the tv.  I hit play on the movie, the movie loading bar appears on the screen, but before it fully loads and starts playing, it just returns back to the TCM logo screen, and the movie never plays.  I've tried with multiple movies and for multiple days no, and can't figure out why it's suddenly not working.  

The movies stream fine directly on my phone, issue only appears when I try to cast to Chromecast.   I've ruled out issues with the Chromecast device by casting successfully to it from other streaming apps with no problems. 

Was just wondering if anyone else out there possibly ran into the same issue or has any suggestions of what to try to fix it.  Or, possibly it's just a bug with the latest version of the app?

I'm having *EXACTLY* the same problem. Watch TCM app works fine when streaming to Android device. Casting that stream via Chromecast worked well until last week, but now won't work at all. I've tried different Android devices, uninstalled & reinstalled the app, but problem persists. And Chromecast works fine with other streaming services - only TCM is problematic. (I've also seen reports of this problem on the Google Play Store page for TCM app.)

Watch TCM app is now working properly again, after an annoying 1-month loss of capability for casting to Chromecast. The latest update to app seems to have fixed the problem - thx to TCM tech staff.