Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, TopBilled said:

My comment, which you seem to have misconstrued, is that TCM never used to be so repetitive.

No, I only take umbrage with reference to TCM's "library".

9 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

What is the umbrage?    That TCM used to have a "library"?   That TCM still has a "library"?     

As it relates to being repetitive;    Clearly the larger ones' "library" of products the less chance of repeats;    but if there is no "library" and one can lease products from all that offer them this would be larger than any pre-defined "library" and thus the odds are less that their would be repeats  (but instead more premiers).

38 minutes ago, TikiSoo said:

Feel free to take as much umbrage as you want. Some of us will still reference the TCM library without putting it in quotes. Some of us won't be snarky about it. And we will practice good manners as opposed to bad manners.

Have a nice day Tiki. Thanks. :) 

27 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What is the umbrage?    That TCM used to have a "library"?   That TCM still has a "library"?     

As it relates to being repetitive;    Clearly the larger ones' "library" of products the less chance of repeats;    but if there is no "library" and one can lease products from all that offer them this would be larger than any pre-defined "library" and thus the odds are less that their would be repeats  (but instead more premiers).

It's strange that while people are unemployed and are dying from Covid, we have someone taking umbrage about TCM's library. As if that's the world's main problem. It's ridiculous. 

Interesting topic.  Sometimes, TCM's programming may seem repetitive and some of their themes fall flat (jazz yielded some good/interesting films, while the swimsuit has let to some real duds).  One of my gripes is that some films shown in the wee hours don't come up on Spectrum's TCM on Demand.  TCM is still one network that provides background info and interesting discussions on many of their films (depends on day of week and time).

On 6/23/2020 at 4:57 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

Interesting topic. 

I'd say "common complaint" rather than interesting topic. 

When I peruse TCM's upcoming schedule to plan what to watch/record, there are tons of great movies listed. But I've already seen most of them numerous times. That's what happens when you're going back in time watching "classics". Like binge watching a television series, there's a finite number available. 

TCM is a fabulous source of classic film, but not every title is available for broadcast, while some are deemed too costly to rent. Luckily, once in awhile we're offered a "premiere" or something that's been out of rotation awhile. I remember when TCM showed ALL THE FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS regularly, and it hasn't been on the schedule in a decade. 

If TCM is your main source for classic movie watching, eventually you're going to see all that's commonly available at any given time and the schedules will feel even more repetitive.

• Like 1

TikiSoo:  I have Spectrum and a couple of premium channels.  Unfortunately, since I live with my Mom, my viewing needs to cater to her needs (except when I can socially distance from her).  Just saw two Robert Downey films I never saw before.  I have no idea about licensing, number of times allowed to show a picture, etc.

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

If TCM is your main source for classic movie watching, eventually you're going to see all that's commonly available at any given time and the schedules will feel even more repetitive.

I'm sure you will let us know when it gets to the point where it seems like a pharmacist dispensing medication, or maybe forced vaccinations.

19 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I'm sure you will let us know when it gets to the point where it seems like a pharmacist dispensing medication, or maybe forced vaccinations.

nurse-ratched.jpg?w=388&h=219

The best we can do is go on with our daily routine...