Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spence

APPARENTLY THERE IS NO SAM PECKINPAH FANS HERE???

Posted about PECKINPAH'S WILD BUNCH ON TFCM/DEMAND & WANTED OTHERS VIEW OF HIS OWN FAVORITE MOVIE FROM 73 PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID, Doesn't look like you fellow TCM-ITES are fans of the mavercak filmmaker thoug

He also gave THE KING OF MOVIE COOL  STEVE McQUEEN (l930-80) 

to virtially explode on the silver-screen of course in 1972's huge hit$ THE GETAWAY (***1/2) & the yr prior to that showed STEVE could be light , Gentle & funny in JUNIOR BONNOR (***1/2)

JAKE for certain will no though McQUEEN'S l969 THE REIVERS had already showed this sign

ANOTHER OPF JUST 3 I POSTED IN THE INCORRECT AREA   PLEASE LIKE THE LAST MOVIE TO  GENERALS

thank you

I tend to enjoy his T.V.  work as a screenwriter and \ or director in shows such as Gunsmoke,  Have Gun, Will Travel and The Riffleman.

Ride the High Country,  his second film,  is my favorite;   a very good later era western with two solid western actors in McCrea and Scott.

53 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I tend to enjoy his T.V.  work as a screenwriter and \ or director in shows such as Gunsmoke,  Have Gun, Will Travel and The Riffleman.

Ride the High Country,  his second film,  is my favorite;   a very good later era western with two solid western actors in McCrea and Scott.

THANX FOR YOUR INPUT   something i did not know though & watch a couple episodes of tv's GUJSMOKE daily thesedays that SAM had anything to do with the longest running scripted series in tv history (l955-75)

When you say RIDE THE HIGH CUNTRY is yor#2 of his, what is #1st?

(TRIVIA: Dennis Quaid & then hitched Meg Ryan bought WARREN OATES ranch & it looks like WARREN just had his ashes thrown all over  the grounds, because back around 1988 Quaid was in the superb PREMIERE MAG & said he liked going for walks & whenever he picked up a bunch of sand, Dennis said it brought him closer to his late pal

Speaking of OATES have you seen the cult drive in picture from 1971 TWO-LANE BLACKTOP (***1/2)?

& my own personal tp five of his>

THE WILD BUNCH

PAT GARRETT & BILLY THE KID-(with Bob Dylan as Alias & not only singing that now famed song, but scored it)

RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY

THE GETAWAY (l972)

But Sam's ;ast was flat (**) 1984's THE OSTERMAN WEEEND  way out of his element here

& while on the Peckinpah train, has anyone seen the 1994 remake of THE GETAWAY with A. BALDWIN & IM BASINGER?

peckinpah really knew how to direct steve mcqueen in The Getaway his best film if you ask me.

:)

republican doc mccoy has to straighten out his liberal wife.

I think THE WILD BUNCH is a masterpiece; I like a few  other SAM PECKINPAH's films like :

MAJOR DUNDEE (1965)

STRAW DOGS (1971)

BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974)

THE GETAWAY (1972) Though I don't think much of ALI MACGRAW as an actor...

• Like 1

I'm with ya on McGraw.  And Baldwin's remake is lacking, I think.  

I don't go nuts over Peckinpah, but a few movies he directed I thought were OK.  And too, he did some early TV work on the series COMBAT. 

Sepiatone

18 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

peckinpah really knew how to direct steve mcqueen in The Getaway his best film if you ask me.

superb clip

18 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

evdr seethe 2 in junior bonnor  a kinda rodeo, but comedic

I've written about them before, but new eyes areal ways watching,etc

There is no video & such, but new shots pop out all-time time of JW & McQueen;s together-(obviously loaded) in the early '70

JUST PUNCH IN JOHN WAYNE & HIM TOGETHER & MANY B & W SHOTS SHOULD APPEAR

IRONICALY LOOKS TO BE ABOUT 1971

STEVE got aspestos posioning back arund the early '50;s on yet another punishment detail

Anybody recall his brief cameos, especially in GARRETT?

& come on, though no masterpiece, but mediocre (**) at best, who caught his last OSTERMAN WEEKEND???

Dennis Hopper, Rutger Hauer & others

20 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

republican doc mccoy has to straighten out his liberal wife

You've posted this clip before. You've also repeatedly called the Broderick Crawford character in Born Yesterday, who likes to knock a woman around, the "hero" of the movie. I find the behavior you approve of or even admire very disturbing. The fact that you associate the man who physically assaults a woman with Republicans and the woman who gets assaulted with liberals is also indicative of your thought patterns.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

You've posted this clip before. You've also repeatedly called the Broderick Crawford character in Born Yesterday, who likes to knock a woman around, the "hero" of the movie. I find the behavior you approve of or even admire very disturbing. The fact that you associate the man who physically assaults a woman with Republicans and the woman who gets assaulted with liberals is also indicative of your thought patterns.

Sometimes I wonder if he is even capable of having thought patterns. 

Just to ensure clarity I was talking about Crawford's character in Born Yesterday;  yea,,,  that's the ticket!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spence said:

STEVE got aspestos posioning back arund the early '50;s on yet another punishment detail

I'd heard of someone got aspestos poisoning, at a really cheap Olive Garden that was since shut down by the feds: 
Turned out that wasn't really crushed basil in the sauce.