Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not long ago I bought a Laurel and Hardy collection. Last night I watched Be Big! So far that one has made me laugh the most. These guys are great!

I sure wish TCM would change the line up on Saturdays to include Laurel & Hardy shorts,  Now we have to endure Bomba the Jungle Boy for who knows how long. UGH! 

• Haha 2
On 7/9/2020 at 10:43 PM, Rudy's Girl said:

Not long ago I bought a Laurel and Hardy collection. Last night I watched Be Big! So far that one has made me laugh the most. These guys are great

I dug up the now-OOP "ultimate" multi-disk collection of L&H at the library, and learned to be a fan overnight.  They never showed much on TV when I was growing up (except for the badly upstaging "March of the Wooden Soldiers"), so I never got to appreciate their style.  

Laurel was the creative force on the humor, and could do "minimalist" humor back in the days when it wasn't subtle:  One of the movies, Stan accidentally gets locked in the bedroom closet, Ollie keeps trying to go to bed, and every time Stan knocks to be let out, Ollie gets up to see who's "at the door".  Finally, Ollie figures it out, sees Stan in the closet, and says, "Well, if you knew I was here, why didn't you just shout for me to let you out?"  Stan:  "Well, it was so dark, I didn't think you'd hear me."

(And yes, the collection even included a few of the French and Spanish shorts, from the early-talkie days before post-dubbing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hx3ImqfL4M )

• Like 1

I VOTED FOR Laurel & Hardy in the backlot poll.  Why?  Because I’ve barely seen any of their movies!  I want to correct that omission.  (Plus I already have all Abbott Costello movies on DVD.)

• Like 1