Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As for Madonna, Suddenly Seeking Susan didn't require much acting.  She showed a lot of bad acting in her videos (Like a Virgin and thinking she is in the same league with Marilyn Monroe); however, the George Harrison (favorite Beatle) produced Shanghai Surprise was a real clunker.

One movie I think Audrey Hepburn and William Holden should have turned their backs on is Paris When It Sizzles (think that is the title).  Totally ridiculous, especially vampire plot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

One movie I think Audrey Hepburn and William Holden should have turned their backs on is Paris When It Sizzles (think that is the title).  Totally ridiculous, especially vampire plot.

Ooh, yeah.  That's a stinker.

• Like 2

Robert De Niro in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000) playing "Fearless Leader."  He's been in some other humdingers but this is pretty bad.  He looks like he's doing Travis Bickle with a monocle in that second picture.  The original cartoon was clever and funny.  This is just a mess.

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000)   10 Worst Cartoon-to-Movie Crossovers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Robert De Niro in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle (2000) playing "Fearless Leader."  He's been some other humdingers but this is pretty bad.  He looks like he's doing Travis Bickel with a monocle in that second picture.  The original cartoon was clever and funny.  This is just a mess.

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000)   10 Worst Cartoon-to-Movie Crossovers

TBF, Robert DeNiro CAN be funny, in The King of Comedy or Meet the Parents, and especially SNL.

Just not in this movie, where nobody has a hope of being funny with the sour, snarky, hipster, franchise-plugging script that's wayyy too in love with itself for its own good.

I agree.  De Niro was also funny in Midnight Run.   The Adventures if Rocky and Bullwinkle is certainly one of his worst, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

TBF, Robert DeNiro CAN be funny, in The King of Comedy or Meet the Parents, and especially SNL.

Just not in this movie, where nobody has a hope of being funny with the sour, snarky, hipster, franchise-plugging script that's wayyy too in love with itself for its own good.

Yep, bad script alright. BUT, ya gotta admit they sure cast the actors (not including Moose and Squirrel of course) looks-wise pretty well, anyway.

(...especially sultry Rene as Natasha Fatale...oh yeah)

21 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

I ain't no fan of WARREN BEATTY but SHAMPOO was a huge success; I didn't think it was bad. 

"Huge success"!  Is that supposed to mean it was GOOD?  Hell....

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE('74) was a huge success too!  Would you say it was as good, or BETTER than "Shampoo"?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

"Huge success"!  Is that supposed to mean it was GOOD?  Hell....

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE('74) was a huge success too!  Would you say it was as good, or BETTER than "Shampoo"?  ;) 

Sepiatone

I think THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is a masterpiece.  Yes, better than most movies of the '70s, actually.  It's not a film I've watched more than 2 or 3 times, it's horrifying and relentless, though I did see it at a midnight showing in the '70s.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

One movie I think Audrey Hepburn and William Holden should have turned their backs on is Paris When It Sizzles (think that is the title).  Totally ridiculous, especially [the] vampire plot.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...WHAT?????

(This is the only AUDREY film I have never seen, and I just might HAVE TO now.)

12 hours ago, Peebs said:

I agree.  De Niro was also funny in Midnight Run.   The Adventures if Rocky and Bullwinkle is certainly one of his worst, though.

10 hours ago, Dargo said:

Yep, bad script alright. BUT, ya gotta admit they sure cast the actors (not including Moose and Squirrel of course) looks-wise pretty well, anyway.

(...especially sultry Rene as Natasha Fatale...oh yeah)

12 hours ago, EricJ said:

The DAMN SHAME OF IT IS tho that the ORIGINAL ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE CARTOONS are STILL absolutely HILARIOUS. Like 20+ laugh out loud moments in every episode (including MR PEABODY and FRACTURED FAIRY TALES)

• Like 5

And the extra shame is that the dismal MR. PEABODY flick didn't do any justice to the principals. :(

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

Realized the Madonna movie was Desperately Seeking Susan.  I think that, when I consider actors/actresses and movie, I tend to ignore very early films before they had some clout versus when they became a known entity.  Now I like Julia Roberts and John M. (and I read the book), but Julia was totally wrong for Mary Reilly.  She wasn't as good as Disney's Tinkerbell either and Hook was a fairly bad movie (if we include directors, I think Spielberg was responsible for that one).  Robert De Niro can do comedy and drama.  Can't think of a terrible film with him in it.  Johnny Dep has been forced to take a lot of extremely bad movies in order to maintain his lifestyle.  He made some sort of disaster movie which was tasteless called Mordecai (like one of principle figures in the Purim story).

On 6/23/2020 at 9:26 AM, hamradio said:

Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty in this camel movie.

11733718.jpg

I am not sure whether this movie is worse than the two movies Hoffman won oscars for.  I'd have to rewatch all three of them.

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

And the extra shame is that the dismal MR. PEABODY flick didn't do any justice to the principals. :(

Sepiatone

Yeah I caught some of that, IT WAS SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!

(It LITERALLY hurt my eyes)

ps- Did you know that Mr. Peabody was allegedly based on Clifton Webb?

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And let's not even discuss Brendan Fraser in a truly baffling and name-only Dudley Do-Right (1999), which only thought it was cashing in on Disney's George of the Jungle (1997).  😲

Like that Leslie Nielsen "Mr. Magoo" and that Disney "Underdog", Classic Media didn't care HOW they got their icon-license movies.

(And to even try and delve Fraser's worst movie would cause irreparable psychological damage...)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Peebs said:

Wait till you see Dirty Grandpa,real crap,De Niro is making(already finished ?)a sequel to this super turkeyI have seen 95 films by De Niro,In the last 25 years he has made more than 60 films,maybe 5 were ok, the money is too good when you produce and act i presume,his career is very disappointing from my point of view.Ithink he paid himself 20 million$ for each sequel of Meet the Parents….

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 1:47 PM, LsDoorMat said:

Madonna did some acting so I guess she qualifies. The worst thing she ever did was "Body Of Evidence" (1992).  I howled with laughter all the way through it. But then she did get the lead in Evita after that, so it didn't turn out to be the nail in the coffin of her acting career that everybody thought it would be at the time. 

Yes Body of Evidence is quite terrible...

2 hours ago, nakano said:

Wait till you see Dirty Grandpa, real crap ,De Niro is making(already finished ?)a sequel to this super turkeyI

Oh, I forgot about Dirty Grandpa.  And he's making a sequel?  Yikes.

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

(And to even try and delve Fraser's worst movie would cause irreparable psychological damage...)

Counterpoint: I think of that question as more of a “if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound?” type mental exercises that one can use to attain a completely clear minded state.

(SO many possibilities)

2 hours ago, EricJ said:

And let's not even discuss Brendan Fraser in a truly baffling and name-only Dudley Do-Right (1999), which only thought it was cashing in on Disney's George of the Jungle (1997).  😲

Like that Leslie Nielsen "Mr. Magoo" and that Disney "Underdog", Classic Media didn't care HOW they got their icon-license movies.

Actually pretty true.

BUT, I know what his best movie by far is...

1200x630bb.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Actually pretty true.

BUT, I know what his best movie by far is…

1200x630bb.jpg

I watched it again 2 weeks ago,a great film,it should play on TCM,i do not remember if it played here but it would make sense.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dargo said:

BUT, I know what his best movie by far is...

Nice choice! 

EDIT: GODS AND MONSTERS

Of course, Nicholson's early movies weren't all that great, but it'd be hard for me to choose which one, between THE TERROR and HELL'S ANGELS ON WHEELS('67) was worse.

After he became "hot stuff" (after EASY RIDER) in my opinion, THE DEPARTED ('06) was Nicholson at his "over-the-top-psycho" worst.

But THE TWO JAKES ('90) is close on it's heels.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

JACK NICHOLSON : THE TERROR (1963) Boring.

I dunno, even though he only has a small role in it, the original LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (1960) is ABSOLUTELY HORRID.

(Maltin gives it ***1/2 stars, I'd give it an outright F.)

• Haha 1