Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tongue in Cheek - The New TCM Drinking Game

Rules are very simple...

1) Pour a nice glass of your favorite TCM Wine Club selection for you and your friends.

2) During the wraparounds every time Ben looks, nods or glances to his left take a sip.

You might find you'll enjoy the movie more than ever.

Do NOT play this game alone. I am NOT advocating irresponsible drinking. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well Yancey, just wanna say I'm sure glad another rule to this little drinking game here isn't:

3) Every time Ben pronounces the word "actor" or "actress" and it sounds like "AACK-tor" or "AACK-tress" (you know, kind'a like how that duck that sells insurance in those TV commercials sounds when he says the name of the insurance company in 'em) in his wraparound, take another sip.

(...'cause I know I'D soon be three-sheets-to-the-wind in NO time!)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

Haven't been aware of that but I will be from here on out.

Yeah, it seems I'm the only person around here who's ever noticed this and/or who's ever commented on this on these boards.

And every time I have, AND which as been more than few times I must admit, I almost always get "crickets" from the assembled around here, and which has always led me to believe that, like yourself, either most everyone else around here haven't ever noticed this, OR that they believe it somehow "poor form" on my part to mention it.

(...but I'm tellin' ya, if Ben DOESN'T always do this, AND as much as that little "nod and glances to his left" thing that YOU just noticed, then I'm a freakin' monkey's uncle!)

I too had noticed Ben doing the look to his left thing recently - perhaps it’s more obvious now with the closeups they are doing for the stay-at-home introductions.

Eddie Muller was joking with Ben about his tendency to end his intros with emphasis on the word “From” (then take a beat) (and then the film year and film title), so we can add that to the drinking game as well.

Hopefully nobody’s watching TCM away from home these days anyway.

2 hours ago, cmovieviewer said:

Eddie Muller was joking with Ben about his tendency to end his intros with emphasis on the word “From” (then take a beat) (and then the film year and film title), so we can add that to the drinking game as well.

Yes, that definitely is another "tick". I've noticed that one for some time now.

I guess it's finally happened. I've officially watched too much TCM. 

When I'm paying more attention to the hosts ticks than I am their spoken introductions something's gone wrong!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, yanceycravat said:

Yes, that definitely is another "tick". I've noticed that one for some time now.

I guess it's finally happened. I've officially watched too much TCM. 

When I'm paying more attention to the hosts ticks than I am their spoken introductions something's gone wrong!

Okay, the following isn't a "tick", but I'm sure glad this drinking game doesn't also involve taking a sip every time Alicia flashes that gorgeous smile of hers...

malone-alicia-image.jpg

(...not that I'm complaining here mind you, but once again I'd be three-sheets-to-the-wind far too often)

;)

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 1:17 AM, yanceycravat said:

Rules are very simple...

1) Pour a nice glass of your favorite TCM Wine Club selection for you and your friends.

2) During the wraparounds every time Ben looks, nods or glances to his left take a sip.

Having just watched a movie I recorded, I wonder if Ben is looking down and off to the side in part to read the script for his intro?  He may not have the usual set up at home . This combined with his natural mannerisms to look down and left might account for it being more frequent or noticeable.   Just a thought...

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Having just watched a movie I recorded, I wonder if Ben is looking down and off to the side in part to read the script for his intro?  He may not have the usual set up at home . This combined with his natural mannerisms to look down and left might account for it being more frequent or noticeable.   Just a thought...

Someone else posted that but I don't think so. None of the other hosts seem to be looking away. If they were doing it as well I'd agree.  I would imagine TCM would set him as best they could under the circumstances. 

Just an odd tick of his that I noticed. Mine is examining TCM intros as if they were the Zapruder film! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, yanceycravat said:

Someone else posted that but I don't think so. None of the other hosts seem to be looking away. If they were doing it as well I'd agree.  I would imagine TCM would set him as best they could under the circumstances. 

Just an odd tick of his that I noticed. Mine is examining TCM intros as if they were the Zapruder film! 🙄

LOL

Aaah, then you might have noticed Yancey that if you look out of Ben's window behind him, just outside his residence there's a "grassy knoll" too!

(...naaah, not really...just couldn't resist, that's all)  ;)

• Haha 1

It's been a while since I posted this, Lloyd Price performing Personality live in the 1980s with the Huey Lewis & The News band.  I'm guessing it is from about 1985, around the time they did the music for Back To The Future.  A  I hadn't made that connection in the past, with the intro chopped off on previous uploads.  Also most likely a few guys from Tower Of Power in the back, as they toured with them that year.  Just a great session all around.  How many times does he sing the word "over".  Well, one drinking game calls for another.  Or not...  😁 

Dedicated to the hosts.