Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cinecrazydc

Hate Crime Hoaxes

The number of hate crime hoaxes never seems to cease.   The one involving Bubba Wallace, NASCAR, and the "noose"  being "found" in a garage is just among the latest -

But since this forum is devoted to classic movies, @2:26 - William Holden gives a lecture on "nooses" in Stalag 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruPysGfsRrY&list=PLI4WDnQ2_eJyMN_8Y5NjI-NMc5krEZ-VC&index=1

1 hour ago, cinecrazydc said:

The number of hate crime hoaxes never seems to cease.   The one involving Bubba Wallace, NASCAR, and the "noose"  being "found" in a garage is just among the latest -

But since this forum is devoted to classic movies, @2:26 - William Holden gives a lecture on "nooses" in Stalag 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruPysGfsRrY&list=PLI4WDnQ2_eJyMN_8Y5NjI-NMc5krEZ-VC&index=1

I wouldn't classify what happened in the Wallace case a "hoax" in that,  as far as known,  it wasn't planned.    I.e.   no one (like Wallace himself for example),   were in-on-it.   E.g. they knew what was going on from the get go and reported what happened to legal authorizes as a crime.

NOW,  it was a complete and total overreaction by Wallace,  NASCAR,  and the MSM.      

Apparently no one is publishing pictures of the noose.  At least I can't find any.  From what I have read, NASCAR, Talladega and FBI officials confirmed that it was made like a "noose" and had been there since Oct. or Nov.  A worker on Wallace's crew found it and reported it to the crew chief who reported it to track officials.  Then Wallace got involved.

No hoax, but question is who made the noose and why?  Wallace was not assigned that garage until recently.  Another question is how was that garage assigned to Wallace's crew and did the assignee know the noose was there?

56 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Apparently no one is publishing pictures of the noose.  At least I can't find any.  From what I have read, NASCAR, Talladega and FBI officials confirmed that it was made like a "noose" and had been there since Oct. or Nov.  A worker on Wallace's crew found it and reported it to the crew chief who reported it to track officials.  Then Wallace got involved.

No hoax, but question is who made the noose and why?  Wallace was not assigned that garage until recently.  Another question is how was that garage assigned to Wallace's crew and did the assignee know the noose was there?

The so called noose was a pull rope to open the door. :lol:

29994514-8453051-image-a-7_1592988532728

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8453051/FBI-says-noose-Bubba-Wallaces-garage-misunderstanding.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, yeah.  The Valvoline oil change place I go for "quick lubes" has a pull rope with a loop like that on their garage doors.  Since the doors are automatic, I asked once why they have the pull ropes, and was told, "Sometimes the auto-doors jam and we need a way to open and close them until we get them going again."  

Fair 'nuff.

Sepiatone

15 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Thanks for the picture. 

It was not anywhere near a standard pull cord for doors.  It was intentionally fashioned into a noose configuration.  I have had garage doors and never had one where the cord looked like this.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Thanks for the picture. 

It was not anywhere near a standard pull cord for doors.  It was intentionally fashioned into a noose configuration.  I have had garage doors and never had one where the cord looked like this.

I believe it is a regional thing. I have explored the South little but have noticed that rope loops are much more likely to be nooses there than in other parts of the country. 

Pull cords for doors are generally simply knotted on the end but some mechanics prefer to have a generous loop because they are a wider target to grab, because they can use the side of their hand rather than transferring grease/oil to the rope by grabbing it and because it is a handy place to hang a rag when they step out the door so that their shop towels do no become scattered across the lot.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheCid said:

Thanks for the picture. 

I prefer this explanation:

https://firstinfreedomdaily.com/delusion-and-denial-fbi-determines-nascar-noose-was-garage-pull-rope-there-since-2019-bubba-wallace-defiant/

"Wallace reportedly never saw it. Someone else did, removed it, and then told him they found a noose. A hoax? Or a sign of the time? Whoever first saw this rope may indeed have thought it was a noose staged in direct threat to Bubba Wallace, but only because they’ve been inundated with this current cultural revolution to view everything as a direct or indirect act of malicious racism."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cinecrazydc said:

I prefer this explanation:

https://firstinfreedomdaily.com/delusion-and-denial-fbi-determines-nascar-noose-was-garage-pull-rope-there-since-2019-bubba-wallace-defiant/

"Wallace reportedly never saw it. Someone else did, removed it, and then told him they found a noose. A hoax? Or a sign of the time? Whoever first saw this rope may indeed have thought it was a noose staged in direct threat to Bubba Wallace, but only because they’ve been inundated with this current cultural revolution to view everything as a direct or indirect act of malicious racism."

Try somebody jumping the gun making assumptions.

Stay away from marinas. 

Doesn't make sense to put a slip not on a pull cord does it? Pulling on the loop would tighten it around your hand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Doesn't make sense to put a slip not on a pull cord does it? Pulling on the loop would tighten it around your hand.

Depends how it's done.

hangmans-noose-on-black-background-260nw

If the handle knot is high up  a  person need something to grab and pull down on .

11 hours ago, hamradio said:

Try somebody jumping the gun making assumptions.

maybe yes maybe no, some pekerwood saying it was there before doesn't make it so. I'd check older photos to see for sure.

NASCAR said although the noose is now known to have been in garage number 4 in 2019, nobody could have known Mr. Wallace would be assigned to garage number 4 last week.

When the photo was taken Paul Menard Car 21 is using the garage.

21-ISM1.jpg

23 hours ago, hamradio said:

29994514-8453051-image-a-7_1592988532728

h

Need a closer shot.  Does look more like a loop than a noose from the distance in the photo.  Like  a larger but similar loop on each end of the strap that holds my sister's eyeglasses round her neck.

Sepiatone

10 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Need a closer shot.  Does look more like a loop than a noose from the distance in the photo.  Like  a larger but similar loop on each end of the strap that holds my sister's eyeglasses round her neck.

Sepiatone

Well NASCAR's last statement will make how the knot was done a moot point.

(unless someone has a grudge against Paul Menard. :blink:)

gettyimages-1167196664-e1568145622454.jp

• Thanks 1

"The Noose Was Real"   Question is who put it there, when and why.  Regardless it is offensive to many people, especially blacks in America.

"Nascar asked officials at every track to check their garages this week. Nascar said out of 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, only 11 had a garage door pull-down rope tied in a knot. The only one fashioned in a noose was the one discovered Sunday by a crew member in Wallace’s No. 43 garage stall."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/25/nascar-noose-photo-talladega-bubba-wallace#:~:text=Declaring “the noose was real,been there since last October.

Nascar

• Thanks 2

Quote:

"As a result of further investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), it was found that the item was not directed towards Wallace or members of the team. No member of Richard Petty Motorsports nor Wallace had any involvement with the presence of the rope."

Again it 's been there since October,  no way anyone on Earth (even those BS psychics) could have known Wallace would had been assign that very garage.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hamradio said:

Quote:

"As a result of further investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), it was found that the item was not directed towards Wallace or members of the team. No member of Richard Petty Motorsports nor Wallace had any involvement with the presence of the rope."

Again it 's been there since October,  no way anyone on Earth (even those BS psychics) could have known Wallace would had been assign that very garage.

Irrelevant as does not address the issue of why was the rope intentionally fashioned into a noose?  Will probably never know, but it was inappropriate in a garage used by many different people over course of many years.

• Thanks 1