Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bogie56

John Bolton

Wolf Blitzer interviewed John Bolton last night and one of the topics that came up was Bolton's unwillingness to testify before the House.  Bolton's reasoning was that he saw the Democratic Impeachment as flawed and that he didn't think his testimony would have made a difference in any event.

I'm willing to concede that he may have had a point but that does not in any way absolve him from not testifying as he claims.  As a FACT witness it was not his job to decide if the case against the President had merit, whether it could be handled better, or whether the outcome was a forgone conclusion.  None of those factors played into the decision of his assistant Fiona Hill, Ambassador Taylor, Colonel Vindman and others who presented themselves as fact witnesses.

In my view, John Bolton deserves the criticism he is receiving for putting his own pocket book above his country.  Little surprise Trump gravitated toward such an individual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with what say,but i also think Bolton underestimated how corrupt the GOP is,He probably thought they would at least send a subpoena. Unless he knew how bad they are..anyway i bought his book yesterday,will read it soon,i was not supposed to buy it,I guess i have a Republican  side i was not aware of !!!!

9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Wolf Blitzer interviewed John Bolton last night and one of the topics that came up was Bolton's unwillingness to testify before the House.  Bolton's reasoning was that he saw the Democratic Impeachment as flawed and that he didn't think his testimony would have made a difference in any event.

I'm willing to concede that he may have had a point but that does not in any way absolve him from not testifying as he claims.  As a FACT witness it was not his job to decide if the case against the President had merit, whether it could be handled better, or whether the outcome was a forgone conclusion.  None of those factors played into the decision of his assistant Fiona Hill, Ambassador Taylor, Colonel Vindman and others who presented themselves as fact witnesses.

In my view, John Bolton deserves the criticism he is receiving for putting his own pocket book above his country.  Little surprise Trump gravitated toward such an individual.

It my understanding that even if Bolton was willing to testify before the House that the Trump admin could block him from testifying.   Then it would have to make it ways through the federal courts until the Supreme Court ruled on it (or decided to NOT hear the case):  Either way months of delay,  and Pelosi didn't wish for such delays.  

10 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It my understanding that even if Bolton was willing to testify before the House that the Trump admin could block him from testifying.   Then it would have to make it ways through the federal courts until the Supreme Court ruled on it (or decided to NOT hear the case):  Either way months of delay,  and Pelosi didn't wish for such delays.  

They tried to block Fiona Hill, Ambassador Taylor, Colonel Vindman and everyone else.  They came forward anyway.  It was Bolton's lawyer who made the fuss.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Bolton could have gone on the Sunday shows during the Impeachment trial  right before the vote to have witnesses or not.  He could have told Americans then what he is saying now.  There is no difference there.

He could have told us about Ukraine, China and the deal with Turkey to get rid of the Prosecutors in New York.  How would the Republicans have looked then to vote for no witnesses and deny the opportunity to get Bolton under oath?

• Like 1

Bolton says, if Russian bounty reports are true,

"This is one of the most serious matters, I think, that has arisen in the Trump administration...

Make no mistake: When you go after American service members, directly or indirectly, you are attacking the United States." #CNNSOTU