Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

The problem was that instead of The Beach boys doing music for all those "Beach Blanket" and surf movies, we got THIS---  :(

But then, Annette Funicello was much easier on the eyes than Brian Wilson EVER was!  :D 

Sepiatone

Actually, Brian Wilson's first listed soundtrack credit on IMDb is Muscle Beach Party!

(lyrics: "Muscle Beach Party", "Runnin' Wild", "Muscle Bustle", "My First Love", "Surfin' Woodie", "Surfer's Holiday") / (music: "Muscle Beach Party", "Runnin' Wild", "Muscle Bustle", "My First Love", "Surfin' Woodie", "Surfer's Holiday")

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Could you elaborate on those uncharacteristically vapid reasons?

I read in several places that she would not give any clear-cut reasons. "To be with family" was her most popular response but not her only one. 

Are you talking about Annette F.  Remember her doing Skippy commercials and being a Mousekateer (as was Don Grady of My Three Sons).  Liked Laugh-in (Richard Nixon doing Sock It To Me and Sammy Davis' Here Come the Judge, plus Goldie in a bikini).  Also loved the more controversial Smothers Brothers (The Who's performance literally used to go out with a bang when they were on!).  As for Annette, sadly, she got MS.

21 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Actually, Brian Wilson's first listed soundtrack credit on IMDb is Muscle Beach Party!

(lyrics: "Muscle Beach Party", "Runnin' Wild", "Muscle Bustle", "My First Love", "Surfin' Woodie", "Surfer's Holiday") / (music: "Muscle Beach Party", "Runnin' Wild", "Muscle Bustle", "My First Love", "Surfin' Woodie", "Surfer's Holiday")

Maybe if the producers also got Wilson and The Beach Boys to do those songs, the movie AND the songs might've been the better for it.

Sepiatone

These Beach Movies were never good, but I found them to be good clean fun and a hoot to watch. Were they realistic? No, but movies aren't supposed to be realistic imo. 

Beach Party and Beach Blanket Bingo were my favorites. The latter had some pretty catchy tunes sung by Donna Loren and Linda Evans.