Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oneeyeopen

Children of Actors who became famous as Actors

Having discovered that Kate Burton, the daughter of the late Richard Burton has been acting on one of my favorite t.v. shows (Scandal), has made me pose this question.

I know about James and Josh Brolin, Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn, Beau, Jeff and their father Lloyd Bridges, Sean Astin and his parents Patty Duke and John Astin, and Mario Van Peebles and his father Melvin Van Peebles and the Fondas, Ingrid Bergman and her daughter Isabella Rossellini.

Now we have Denzel and his son John David Washington.

I love when the offspring get bit by the acting bug. Don't you?

• Like 1

Depends if they're any good...

JANE & PETER FONDA

ANJELICA HUSTON (I know, but JOHN did act) 

RON HOWARD (RANCE was not "famous" but RONNY sure is!)

TYRONE POWER 

• Like 2

I've been watching episodes of The Streets of San Francisco. I've noticed how much Hollywood nepotism there is, in terms of casting (which isn't exactly a bad thing). 

One episode had Kristoffer Tabori, son of Viveca Lindfors and Don Siegel.

Another episode had Meredith Baxter, daughter of Whitney Blake.

One episode had John Ritter, son of Tex Ritter.

Another episode had John Rubinstein, son of Arthur Rubinstein.

One episode had Robert Walker Jr., son of Robert Walker Sr. and Jennifer Jones.

You get the idea.

And of course Michael Douglas, who has a lead role in seasons 1-4 is the son of actors Kirk Douglas and Diana Dill.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oneeyeopen said:

Having discovered that Kate Burton, the daughter of the late Richard Burton has been acting on one of my favorite t.v. shows (Scandal), has made me pose this question.

I know about James and Josh Brolin, Kate Hudson and Goldie Hawn, Beau, Jeff and their father Lloyd Bridges, Sean Astin and his parents Patty Duke and John Astin, and Mario Van Peebles and his father Melvin Van Peebles and the Fondas, Ingrid Bergman and her daughter Isabella Rossellini.

Now we have Denzel and his son John David Washington.

I love when the offspring get bit by the acting bug. Don't you?

Yeah, when they're good I do.

I do love it when they turn out to be good, or at least as good or better as their parent is/was, and as I view is especially the case with two of them you mentioned above...Josh Brolin and Jeff Bridges.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Was ARTHUR RUBINSTEIN an actor?

Let's not correct each other's posts. My point was that offspring of celebrities are cast in guest roles on the show. 

Most of the parents were actors.

25 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Let's not correct each other's posts. My point was that offspring of celebrities are cast in guest roles on the show. 

Most of the parents were actors.

Uh...uh... Children of Actors who became famous as Actors

Anybody who loves CHOPIN knows who ARTHUR RUBINSTEIN  was nd I asked a question I didn't "correct" you.

• Like 2

Just now, Allhallowsday said:

Uh...uh... Children of Actors who became famous as Actors

Stop. I just sent you a personal message about this. Please read it and let's proceed forward. Thanks.

Yes, Kate is very good in Scandal. (watching reruns).

I didn't mention Larry Hagman, son of Mary Martin.

John Wayne's sons, Patrick and David.

Jamie Lee Curtis - Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh

Mariska Hargitay (Law and Oder SUV) - daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Stop. I just sent you a personal message about this. Please read it and let's proceed forward. Thanks.

I did not correct you, just wondered about something I was not aware of and within the parameters of the OP's thread.  Dig it? 

3 minutes ago, Oneeyeopen said:

Yes, Kate is very good in Scandal. (watching reruns).

I didn't mention Larry Hagman, son of Mary Martin.

John Wayne's sons, Patrick and David.

Jamie Lee Curtis - Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh

Mariska Hargitay (Law and Oder SUV) - daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay.

Mariska Hargitay had an early role on Falcon Crest a show that hired kids of famous actors. 

Lorenzo Lamas was on it, son of Fernando Lamas & Arlene Dahl.

Tahnee Welch, daughter of Raquel, also had a role on FC.

• Like 1

Given there's another thread devoted to the mother, I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher (father Eddie Fisher was also an occasional actor).

• Like 3

I'm watching another episode of The Streets of San Francisco right now, as I type this.

Dick Van Patten is a guest star, and his son Vince became an actor.

Patty Duke (billed as Patty Duke Astin) is also a guest star in this episode, and her sons Sean Astin and Mackenzie Astin became actors.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Dick Van Patten is a guest star, and his son Vince became an actor.

I think he had two other sons that are actors.

Just now, Allhallowsday said:

I think he had two other sons that are actors.

Vince is the one I think of, since he's married to actress Eileen Davidson. It wouldn't surprise me if Vince and Eileen's son, now a teen, becomes an actor too.

I forgot to mention that Desi Arnaz Jr. also guest starred on The Streets of San Francisco. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Vince is the one I think of, since he's married to actress Eileen Davidson. It wouldn't surprise me if Vince and Eileen's son, now a teen, becomes an actor too.

I forgot to mention that Desi Arnaz Jr. also guest starred on The Streets of San Francisco. 

Since you mentioned interesting coincidences, I saw VINCE VAN PATTEN very young on an episode of Adam-12 tonight!  I think it was 1971...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Since you mentioned interesting coincidences, I saw VINCE VAN PATTEN very young on an episode of Adam-12 tonight!  I think it was 1971...

I just read his wiki page. He's had an interesting life...actor, tennis player, and poker commentator. Etc.

He met Eileen when he did a short-term recurring role on The Young & the Restless in 2000. They were married three years later.

You can write a book in fact, a whole encyclopedia of children who followed their parents into showbiz: the family business--

Elizabeth Montgomery/ Robert Montgomery

Liza Minnelli, Lorna Luft/ Judy Garland

Marlo Thomas/ Danny Thomas

Lucie Arnaz, Desi Arnaz jr./Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz

William Katt/ Barbara Hale, Bill Williams

Jack Jones/ Allan Jones, Irene Hervey

Rob Reiner / Carl Reiner

Efrem Zimbalist jr./Efrem Zimbalist, Alma Gluck( more classical music artists)

Stephanie Zimbalist / Efrem Zimbalist jr.

Nancy Sinatra, Frank Sinatra Jr/ Frank Sinatra

Shari Belafonte/Harry Belafonte

Brian Keith/ Robert Keith

Haley and Juliet Mills/ John Mills

Vanessa and Lynn Redgrave/ Michael Redgrave

Shiro Mifune/ Toshiro Mifune

Julie and Guillaume Depardieu/ Gerard and Elisabeth Depardieu

Chiara Mastroianni/ Catherine Deneuve, Marcello Mastroianni

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

Tim Van Patten played Salami on the The White Shadow" --  the popular late 1970s and early 1980s CBS television series about a high school basketball coach played by Ken Howard. Van Patten is now a Primetime Emmy Award-winning director whose credits include "The Wire," "The Sopranos," "Deadwood," "Boardwalk Empire," "Game of Thrones," "Black Mirror" and the current HBO miniseries "Perry Mason."

See the source image

Mickey Sumner, the daughter of Sting and the British actress Trudie Styler,  is one of the cast members of the new TNT futuristic series "Snowpiercer." The drama is based on a 1982 French graphic novel and the 2013 film directed by South Korea's Bong Joon-ho ("Parasite"). Sumner plays Bess Till -- a member of the security force on the title train that keeps moving around the world during a new Ice Age.

See the source image

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Ham,

Can you find anything like this for Ethel, Lionel & Jack all three together? Or maybe Diana?

Drew looks a lot like Diana, I think.

stars-john-barrymore-lionel-barrymore-et

untitled16.png

Lionel,_Ethel,_and_John_Barrymore_cph.3b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1