Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
chaya bat woof woof

Off Topic - TV Shows in the US vs. Canada

Okay, one of the threads asks us what we have been watching during the pandemic.  Though I live in a suburb of Buffalo, I get some Canadian stations  and, at 5:00 this week, they have been running The Great British Baking Shows - one of the best of the cooking shoes and better than US version.  Because there are commercial breaks, I get to see advertisements for some of the Canadian shows (fictional and non-fictional or reality).  Some of these shows prominently feature Native Americans.  Can anyone think of a major network that broadcast shows that "star" Native Americans or indigenous people (includes, Eskimos, Inuit, etc.).  I'm not talking about Jewish Ed Ames playing an Indian (although I think Jay Silverheels may have been Native American - I think he played Tonto)?

I've seen some of these Canadian shows (also pop/song stars showcased in such things as Juno Awards (like Grammys) and Canada Day celebrations.

Excuse typos.

As I pause to think about the wonderful country I live, I celebrate the great melting pot, not only of this country, but of the world.

Happy July 4 (and a safe one also).