Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I see that Where Now Are the Dreams of Youth? is scheduled for September 20. It's an Ozu film I've never seen, so I'm looking forward to it. However, here's the description on the TCM site:

"Cheating extends to the business world, as a new company head helps his classmates with entrance exams, then gives a lovelorn nerd a spine transplant."

Does that refer to a figurative spine transplant, or is this a medical film?

2 hours ago, Swithin said:

I see that Where Now Are the Dreams of Youth? is scheduled for September 20. It's an Ozu film I've never seen, so I'm looking forward to it. However, here's the description on the TCM site:

"Cheating extends to the business world, as a new company head helps his classmates with entrance exams, then gives a lovelorn nerd a spine transplant."

Does that refer to a figurative spine transplant, or is this a medical film?

Good question! (Seems figurative to me, not literal.)

Here's the plot description for this film on the IMDb:

When a young man inherits his father's lucrative business, he cheats the system to set up three of his college friends with jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skimpole said:

Am I correct I thinking that when the schedule originally came out The boy and the Pirates wasn't the original choice?  Can anyone recall what was?

The Boy and The Pirates (1960) was a replacement for Time Bandits (1981).  The change was made about 2 weeks after the schedule was originally announced.

(thank you MCOH)

• Thanks 2