Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skimpole

Great Movies! Deceptively Boring Summaries!

At the behest of an old colleague, man searches for woman and finds her, unfortunately for him.

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

At the behest of an old colleague, man searches for woman and finds her, unfortunately for him.

OUT OF THE PAST?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And along the same vein here...

Ambulance driver learns the hard way that there's a lot of truth in the old saying, "You can't fix crazy".

I know that's gotta be ANGEL FACE.

Poor Robert Mitchum, his characters in those 2 films had the bad luck to get mixed up with women who were no good. No wonder he became so screwed up in THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER and CAPE FEAR.;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peebs said:

The Big Heat? 

Bingo!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dargo said:

And along the same vein here...

Ambulance driver learns the hard way that there's a lot of truth in the old saying, "You can't fix crazy".

Abbott and Costello Hit the Ice . "Where's the fire?" "In your eyes!"

On 7/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, GGGGerald said:

Group of people on time for supper.

One patron finds out machinery will never affect her vocation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Dinner at Eight?

Bingo 🥳

On 7/8/2020 at 4:08 PM, GGGGerald said:

Homeless jewel thief saves wealthy family.

He's also handy with cold showers.

Man learns certain roadside attractions are best observed from a safe distance.

(...alternate "summary", and done in the form of a rhetorical question: DAMN! Some movie bad guys sure own some pretty cool freakin' second homes, don't THEY?!!!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Man learns certain roadside attractions are best observed from a safe distance.

(...alternate "summary", and done in rhetorical question form: DAMN! Some movie bad guys sure own some pretty cool freakin' second homes, don't THEY?!!!)

It has to be NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Man learns the hard way that marriage is a sacred institution that needs to be respected always.

Wow! Sorry Beth, but I'm gonna need a little more to go on here before guessin' THIS one!

I mean, there's gotta be a GAZILLION movies where some guy steps out on his wife, ya know!

(...WAIT, they haven't made "The Donald Trump Story" yet have THEY???...oh, wait again...you said the man learned from that sort'a thing, didn't ya...never mind then...bad guess on my part here, huh)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Wow! Sorry Beth, but I'm gonna need a little more to go on here before guessin' THIS one!

I mean, there's gotta be a GAZILLION movies where some guy steps out on his wife, ya know!

(...WAIT, they haven't made "The Donald Trump Story" yet have THEY???...oh, wait again...you said the man learned from that sort'a thing, didn't ya...never mind then...bad guess on my part here, huh)

Well, Dargo, just think about the worst case scenario when a guy doesn't stay true to his wife....;)

3 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Well, Dargo, just think about the worst case scenario when a guy doesn't stay true to his wife....;)

"Worst case scenario" ya say, Beth? And in perhaps a case where the poor slob bites the dust for his transgression?

Hmmmm...in THAT case, it must be some flick made before the Production Code ended, eh?!  ;)

(...and 'cause this sort'a thing evidently isn't frowned upon much anymore in present society, ya know)

1 hour ago, GGGGerald said:

He's also handy with cold showers.

Btw Gerald...this one wouldn't be My Man Godfrey, would it?

(...I noticed no one has yet guessed this one of yours)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dargo said:

"Worst case scenario" ya say, Beth? And in perhaps a case where the poor slob bites the dust for his transgression?

Hmmmm...in THAT case, it must be some flick made before the Production Code ended, eh?!  ;)

(...and 'cause this sort'a thing evidently isn't frowned upon much anymore in present society, ya know)

Actually this movie was made long after the Production Code dissolved.

Let me put it this way, this guy's transgressions come back to haunt not only him but his family as well.

5 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Actually this movie was made long after the Production Code dissolved.

Let me put it this way, this guy's transgressions not only come back to haunt him but his family as well.

The only thing comin' to me here is Citizen Kane, but I'm pretty sure that isn't it, is it.

(...so, by your use of the word "haunt", you're not referencing some kind'a ghost story thing here, are ya?)

In the meantime and while we figure that one out, how about:

Beauties abound for a ship's crew far far FAR from home.

5 minutes ago, Dargo said:

In the meantime and while we figure that one out, how about:

Beauties abound for a ship's crew far far FAR from home.

I'm guessing MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY.

(And no, there are no ghosts or hauntings in my example).

9 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I'm guessing MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY.

(And no, there are no ghosts or hauntings in my example).

Nope, the crew in question has traveled much further away than Tahiti, or Pitcairn for that matter. Much further. Much MUCH further.

(...and re your movie summary, I'm still stumped...so how about supplying just one specific detail about the film, but one not too obvious) 

20 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Nope, the crew in question has traveled much further away than Tahiti, or Pitcairn for that matter. Much further. Much MUCH further.

(...and re your movie summary, I'm still stumped...so how about supplying just one specific detail about the film, but one not too obvious) 

Well, one could make an argument for an extreme case of animal cruelty for a certain pet in my example.

I have to admit your example has me stumped as well. I have a feeling it will make sense to me when I hear it, but I haven't got a clue since it's not MUTINY, that is the only film that came to my mind when I read your description.

1 minute ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Well, one could make an argument for an extreme case of animal cruelty for a certain pet in my example.

I have to admit your example has me stumped as well. I have a feeling it will make sense to me when I hear it, but I haven't got a clue since it's not MUTINY, that is the only film that came to my mind when I read your description.

I'll give ya a big hint, Beth.

This crew's "ship"  doesn't travel on or near water.

Nope, the "ship" mostly travels in a vacuum.

(...and I ain't talkin' a Hoover or Dyson here)

7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I'll give ya a big hint, Beth.

This crew's "ship"  doesn't travel on or near water.

Nope, the "ship" mostly travels in a vacuum.

(...and I ain't talkin' a Hoover or Dyson here)

Has to be a spaceship then......ALIEN or ALIENS perhaps? Or could it be 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY?